Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Making Christmas Merrier VI - BC Children's Hospital

Jeric

I've been looking forward to this since two years ago! It was so much fun last time, I plan on contributing soon enough.

(Let's continue that streak of not being affected by these goals B))

• Brohoof 7

2 hours ago, Will Guide said:

I just didn't get the screen above at any point, despite getting a confirmation email right after my donation.

Yep I see it. :D

• Brohoof 4

I've definitely wanted a chance to be more giving, without feeling tied to just doing it because my family's doing it.  Making the conscious decision on my own feels so much better and I am happy to contribute to Making Christmas Merrier for the children.

• Brohoof 5

1 hour ago, Derplight Sperkle said:

(Let's continue that streak of not being affected by these goals B))

Hm. That an offer to put yourself up for singing or something else coming down the line. :umad:

• Brohoof 4

Well holy moses smell the roses you guys blew past the $750 goal. I just posted the first $250 goal thread. At this point I'm gonna be a stinker and tell you that I'll catch up in the morning. This has been the strongest start to the MCM, I am deeply moved as is the rest of the staff. What a night. 

• Brohoof 7

So far, we're already over $800 and it's only been a few hours since this started. You guys are amazing, no, excellent, for giving to such a worthy cause.

• Brohoof 5

Hey, my offer to write a poem or short story as prize still stands.

I'm all outta practice in visual art, but maybe I should even include a lil sketch? This should motivate me, and may even give ideas for the theme.

Either way, I'm gonna go donate now. Then I'll plaster links all over the Universe.

• Brohoof 5

Just now, Feather Spiral said:

Hey, my offer to write a poem or short story as prize still stands.

I may just be sending you a PM Spiral. :)

• Brohoof 3

17 minutes ago, Bas said:

Is anything more efficient than the other as EU resident? Sending in US Dollars or Canadian Dollars over paypal?

Donating Euros directly to the BCCH site and not Euros to USD to CAD internally on MLPF is the most efficient if you can. 

• Brohoof 2

29 minutes ago, Bas said:

Credit cards are ultra uncommon in the EU, TBH. And I thought the BCCH site doesn't offer paypal, does it?

* efficient = getting most out of the bucks, not in terms of time or comfort.

BCCH does not offer PayPal no. That is still the most efficient because PayPal has processing fees so when we transfer the funds over internally, they will take their cut. 

• Brohoof 3

Will be making a donation later today. I also make donations to St. Jude’s throughout the year.

Edit: Just made my donation. All the ponies here and the kids at the hospital, rock. :mlp_yay:

Edited by Twilight Luna
  • Brohoof 5

17 minutes ago, FlitterFlutter said:

If i pay with PayPal do I have to pay fees? Or are they just subtracted from the total?

It’s handled on our side so no fees have to be paid by you. 

• Brohoof 2

2 hours ago, Bas said:

This is just an idea, but couldn't MLPF/PV collect all money transferred over it by paypal and transfer it then by credit card or something to BC to save fees?

No. Poniverse is a Canadian Non-Profit Organization with all the accounting rules and financial accounts that go along with that. 

• Brohoof 3

Holy smokes, $1000 already! That's awesome, we're outpacing Jeric! :laugh:

I'll contribute more as the month goes on. Every little bit counts; a bit can be the small difference between a functional program and a buffer overflow. :)

• Brohoof 3

1,000+ comments reached. No wait! That's not right.

I mean... $1,000+ reached, and we've only been doing this for the past 24 hours. I'm just speechless at how much you guys have donated to this cause. I know I've not done yet it--I am going to when I can--but I can safely say that getting past $2,000 is going to be an easy thing.

• Brohoof 2

RarityTears.png

So the $1000 goal was reached less than 24 hours after launch. I'm slowly revealing these since most of them have active topics that go along with each, and many have multiple goals, so reveals will be forthcoming. Thank you to the MLPF family for your support. :D

• Brohoof 9