Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Name One Thing You Regret In Your Life

Literatel

You don't have to write anything too personal, but as the title suggests, "What is one thing you regret in your life?" :P It could be something small and trivial, or something huge and life-altering.

For me, it was when I was walking down the street to the library. I passed by two teenage females who were asking people to sign a petition to help stop sexism against people who are physically female. I passed by them and they asked me to sign the petition, and I politely said "No, thank you" and I continued on my way. About fifteen steps later or so I thought to myself, "Idiot! You should have had your head out of the clouds! The library could have waited!"  Like, my response was almost by instinct, like I was almost oblivious towards them. :mlp_lie: Hopefully they won't enter positions of power and then recognize me one day. :P

Note: Please don't try to be too emotional in this topic. I wouldn't want this taken down. :P Stay cool, calm, and collected people!

53 minutes ago, Literatel said:

You don't have to write anything too personal, but as the title suggests, "What is one thing you regret in your life?" :P It could be something small and trivial, or something huge and life-altering.

For me, it was when I was walking down the street to the library. I passed by two teenage females who were asking people to sign a petition to help stop sexism against people who are physically female. I passed by them and they asked me to sign the petition, and I politely said "No, thank you" and I continued on my way. About fifteen steps later or so I thought to myself, "Idiot! You should have had your head out of the clouds! The library could have waited!"  Like, my response was almost by instinct, like I was almost oblivious towards them. :mlp_lie: Hopefully they won't enter positions of power and then recognize me one day. :P

Note: Please don't try to be too emotional in this topic. I wouldn't want this taken down. :P Stay cool, calm, and collected people!

Honestly, petitions don't really go anywhere haha, so don't feel bad. :-P

I regret losing touch with my school and university friends and not taking friendship seriously for most of my life. Also, I regret not trying certain things when I had a chance.

My biggest regrets I cannot mention because I'm not ready to confess them... in fact I'd rather take it to my grave.

Though one of my regrets is not taking advantage of any skills I wish I learned back in school. I learned how to edit videos and act because of school, but I wish I also took up an instrument, learned how to sing, or learned Japanese while I had the chance.... but young me had no interest in any of that. Before I die, I wish to learn these skills, and since I'm still young I have more than enough time.

I regret not taking care of myself back when it could have really changed everything. There are smaller instances of me regretting not taking care of myself as well, like earlier this year when I put off going to the doctor for my foot because I needed to get through the semester. I was super busy, but... I am really paying for that now as the pain has gotten much more severe and we haven't been able to figure out how to alleviate it.

Wasting my time.

Everyone has little time on this earth, each person will come and fake like the wind. We can only do our best to make good use of the little time that has been given to us. I've wasted much of my time, I continue to waste much of my time, and I'm already regretting every wasted second of it. It weights me down, all those countless hours that I wasted playing video games, despairing in my failures and misery, worrying about things yet taking no action, procrastinating, not trying my best, and all those times I chose self-indulgence instead of being productive and helping others. All this, however, is simply one of the many regrets I have and I'm still young.

12 hours ago, Kyoshi said:

I regret.....being me. I regret who I am. A conduit of problems and flaws. A stain on the planet. A failure. It is such a shame that I even exist whatsoever.

that isn't a very nice thing to say about yourself at all. 

you seem like a very kind-hearted and talented individual. 

i've lurked here for years (before making this account), and you are one of my favorite users here.

your existence means a lot to others, and it should to you as well. <3

As for myself, I personally regret not going to prom, homecoming, etc. I never bothered to step out of my comfort zone in high school. I attended three high schools, so I never bothered to get attached to anyone.

13 hours ago, Kyoshi said:

I regret.....being me. I regret who I am. A conduit of problems and flaws. A stain on the planet. A failure. It is such a shame that I even exist whatsoever.

I am willing to bet that that is not true at all. You sound like a compassionate person with lots of potential. (And I know that saying is cliche, but I mean it.)

If you ever want to chat, I'm around.

(Gosh... I didn't anticipate this thread becoming so... not-random. :sunny:)