Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Hey, Nice to meet you all- Im Jaz.

Distain

My Favourite Mane 6 Pony

rainbow-dash

How did you find MLP Forums?

I've known that this place has existed for quite some time, but I never really saw any need to join it. I figured though, after I watched season 8, that I would actually really like to talk about this series with some other people. I'm not really an open brony, so I kinda just watch this show by myself and thats that. But hopefully I can discuss and have fun with a bunch of people here with similar interest.

How you became a fan of My Little Pony

I've been watching mlp since I was 2. When I was younger, however, it was the old versions, the ones with the creepy faces and such. It wasn't until middle school about that mlp friendship is magic came out, and I still continued watching it. To be honest I figured I'd have grown out of watching this series by now, but it has somehow still got me watching. It's really interesting and I have so much fun watching it. Im an anime fan and am open about that, but Im not at all open about being a brony, so I never get to speak with anyone about the series :(

I've never been on a forum before, and frankly Im kinda nervous. I'm Jaz and a highschooler in Washington (state), been watching mlp since I was a little kid with my sisters and just kept watching it throughout the generations. Im really excited to discuss and meet other bronies here. I figured I didn't need to speak with other bronies until I just finished watching season 8, which had me super hyped. I honestly thought that this season was the best thing that has happened yet (better than the epic fight against tirek). I got a few questions about how forums work, too;

1. How do I change my profile picture?

2. Is it possible to get notifications for forums? 

3. What do "ranks" do? Or are the just status?

Thanks, and Im looking forward to future posts that everyone makes :)

• Brohoof 4

Hello there! ^_^ 

29 minutes ago, Distain said:

1. How do I change my profile picture?

You need to make at least 5 posts, which will advance you to the Muffin rank. This will unlock profile settings. It is to prevent bots etc. from abusing that feature.

Once you get to the Muffin rank;

1. Go to your profile

Spoiler

xlsJrwY.png

2. Click that little icon in the bottom left corner of your profile picture

Spoiler

f0HCh1w.png

3. And follow further instructions.

2. Is it possible to get notifications for forums? 

Do you mean mobile notifications? At the moment it is not possible. However, you can set notifications to send you emails.

You can find the notification settings here.

Additionally some browsers, such as Chrome, allow you to get sound notifications while having the forums (tab with it in the browser) open. Upon first visit, the browser should throw a popup asking if you want to enable this. You can always enable this in the notification settings linked above.

Spoiler

YF8QVc9.png

3. What do "ranks" do? Or are the just status?

The ranks reflect your activity. Your rank is based on your current post count visible below the rank in your posts. Basically, the more you post, the higher your rank. ;) 

You can post whatever you want, whenever you want, as long as it follows the rules and the topic of the thread of course. Exceptions are sections, where posting do not increase your post count; for example in forum games, where it could lead to spam generated my members trying to quickly advance to next ranks. Sections with that restriction have a note in their description, that can be viewed on the home page, for example.

Spoiler

a5gxxBO.png&key=66506789c60b9cbfd5bcbcae

The list of ranks along with their requirements can be found in the FAQ section here. :) 

Have a nice time! :D 

Welcome to the herd! :mlp_yeehaa:

Edited by Rikifive