Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

$750 Stretch Goals Unwrapped

Jeric

$750 Goal - Pie Face Challenge, Solo Song #3, Staff Reads a Holiday Fic, etc

post-36804-0-99863500-1479996438_thumb.png

61VHqsLadHL.jpg

Pie Face Challenge

A few years ago @PiratePony took over the MCM and his team created a new event that I am pleased to bring back as a tradition, with some twists of course since I'm for more evil than him. A list of volunteers willing to to take part in this will be posted in a separate thread. One lucky volunteer (voted by the community) will start this off. He will record a video of him or her getting pied in the face, ideally after some words about the charity. After which they will challenge any volunteer on the list. Rinse, Wash, repeat. Any pie is acceptable. Pictures are acceptable should you not have access to a phone that can record video. While a staffer will lead this off, ANY member of the community can participate, but you have to be called out. Note to those who do this, don't let your person you challenge know until you post the video. Keep us in suspense until then. Let's see how many of these we can get through until the end of the Charity. 

Solo Song #3 

This will be our fandom song round. A lucky donor or staffer will sing a popular fandom Brony song! Years ago I won this and wound up singing Button's Mom and it became a long lasting meme around these parts. Time to pass on the torch. 

Staff Reads a Holiday Fic

Staff or donor, voted on by the community, will read a short story themed around winter or the holiday season. This can be live or pre-recorded. Thread can be found here

Name Change Prizes 

We are up to three name change prizes. 

• Brohoof 8

sorry to dissapoint you, buy pie-ing is something i opted off of for personal reasons, my face is not hidden though, if you know where to look and dig a bit in some threads, i think i've post it in 1 or 2

• Brohoof 2

Just now, Lord Valtasar said:

sorry to dissapoint you, buy pie-ing is something i opted off of for personal reasons, my face is not hidden if you know where to look though, i think i've posted it in 1 or 2 threads

Yes, we are aware that Greek Gods frown on the wasting of pie. You get a pass for religious observances. ;)

• Brohoof 2

Just now, Lord Valtasar said:

i mean.. have you seen greek pie? it doesn't really work
Greek-Cheese-Pie.jpg

That's not a pie, that's a pastry with an identity crisis! 

• Brohoof 2

5 minutes ago, Jeric said:

That's not a pie, that's a pastry with an identity crisis! 

That, is how pies ought to be, we make this one for new year, and add a coin in it(in some aluminum foil, after washing the hell out of it) whoever finds it, gets the "pie gift"
it can be filled with various things, not chese necesarilly, i usually go for either chese or onion/leek, sometimes even spinach or meat. so you're not completely off about the identity chrisis thing

Pie IS a pastry... it hails from medieval times where they had the Meat Pies, and the honey-pies(those were more like pancakes though)

• Brohoof 3

1 minute ago, Lord Valtasar said:

That, is how pies ought to be, we make this one for new year, and add a coin in it(in some aluminum foil, after washing the hell out of it) whoever finds it, gets the "pie gift"
 it can be filled with various things, not chese necesarillt, i usually go for either chese or onion/leek, sometimes even spinach

Oh, so pie is a weapon used against your enemies. You hide a choking hazard in their food. Legit for the county that invented the Trojan Horse. 

• Brohoof 2

6 minutes ago, Jeric said:

Oh, so pie is a weapon used against your enemies. You hide a choking hazard in their food. Legit for the county that invented the Trojan Horse. 

have you heard the story of the rat cook?:sneer:(not to be confused with ratatouille)

• Brohoof 3

8 hours ago, Feather Spiral said:

That, looks suspiciously similar to what we call "kol böreği" in Turkish.

I got my eye on you, good sir. :mlp_okiedokieloki:

oh yes, i lived in turkey and there is a variant of this indeed, and it's no wonder considering we're neighbouring countries and we even had a population exchange not so very long ago

• Brohoof 2

• The title was changed to $750 Stretch Goals Unwrapped
  • 1 month later...
On 11/28/2018 at 8:26 AM, Lord Valtasar said:

i mean.. have you seen greek pie? it doesn't really work
Greek-Cheese-Pie.jpg

Okay, this is super important.

What - exactly - do you call the kind of cheese that goes into this? What's the word in English?

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, Quinch said:

Okay, this is super important.

What - exactly - do you call the kind of cheese that goes into this? What's the word in English?

it's called "Feta cheese", it's a greek product so even in english it will be found with the same name, the french also have something simillar, but a bit less salty, i don't recall how they call it though

• Brohoof 1

14 hours ago, Lord Valtasar said:

it's called "Feta cheese", it's a greek product so even in english it will be found with the same name, the french also have something simillar, but a bit less salty, i don't recall how they call it though

They also call it "feta"~

We have something similar in Turkey, which we just call "white cheese" (beyaz peynir). It's a little plainer and a tiny bit more... crumble-ish? than the French version.

I've never tried Greek feta though