Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Aviation Quiz!

DubWolf

Just wondering how much others know about aviation compared to me :P .

1st flight (by airplane)?

1st transatlantic flight?

Largest aircraft in the world (largest commercial is fine if you don't know largest overall)?

Do you know what a Boeing 747 looks like?

Do you know what an Airbus a330 looks like?

Douglas DC-3?

Longest flight in the world?

Which two aircraft types were involved in 9/11?

Fastest manned aircraft (meaning not counting spacecraft)?

Busiest airport in the world?

You need not spoiler the answers, so be careful about looking at other users' posts :wacko: .

Edited by WWolf

The wright brothers flew the first airplane flight officially but I think there was a French guy who came really really close to beating them to it.

First trans atlantic flight was flown by Charles Lindbergh?

The largest plane in the world is that one that looks like two planes were joined together and it's meant to carry something similar to the space shuttle up high in order to save on the costs of rocket fuel and a launchpad I think. I saw the spruce goose for someone else's answer but that's been surpassed by at least 3 other planes now.

747, yeah that's the big one.

Nope.

Nope.

Wasn't it 90 something hours? two guys switching back and forth and like once or twice a day they had to line up with another plane in order to refuel midair. They flew in circles for the most part in a surprisingly small craft.

Don't know.

Going with the one called the Blackbird.

Busiest airport,,, JFK? Doesn't nearly every transcontinental flight from Europe and Africa land there? Otherwise it'd have to be LAX

@Olly @SharpWit

Some answers below so spoiled :wacko: .

Spoiler

Largest is Antonov 225, I actually forgot about it and would've guessed the C5 Galaxy.

I'm surprised y'all didn't know Atlanta is the busiest airport in the world :wacko: . Shocker perhaps? The thing about New York and LA is that they both have multiple airports; ATL is Atlanta's one and only commercial airport, and Delta's megahub, and largest hub in the world for any airline. Total is about 100 million passengers a year, way ahead of JFK and LAX (I'm pretty sure LAX is 3rd behind O'Hare without researching).

Lastly, wasn't aware about that 90 hour flight :huh: . I suppose you could count it longest by time, although the answer was looking for was longest flight by distance since you could theoretically fly forever if you could keep refueling as done in that example. Longest is Singapore 22, between Singapore and Newark (New York area). Over 9000 (!!!) miles long and close to 18 hours flight time.

• Brohoof 1

Spoiler
10 hours ago, WWolf said:

Lastly, wasn't aware about that 90 hour flight :huh: . I suppose you could count it longest by time, although the answer was looking for was longest flight by distance since you could theoretically fly forever if you could keep refueling as done in that example. Longest is Singapore 22, between Singapore and Newark (New York area). Over 9000 (!!!) miles long and close to 18 hours flight time. 

I figured the longer you stayed in the air the farther you'd go but that didn't factor the speed of an aircraft. Also turned out I was way off on that 90 hours.

Anyways, this was fun.

• Brohoof 1