Banner by ~ SFyr

Fandom involvement in hands on projects?

ManaMinori

A long time ago, the g4 fandom used to do pretty noteworthy hands on projects, whether it was accumulating funds for the cause of a fellow Brony in need, or whatever. I don't really see much of that going on today. Maybe it's just not frequently mentioned of given the attention such projects or acts deserve. Maybe the fandom of today doesn't really care about collaborative and joint efforts with such thing.

I've occasionally entertained thoughts of getting the fandom involved with a themed project that would follow the theme of the Cutie Map, to some extent, but that's where it ended- as an idea that never saw the light of day.

What do you fandomers think? Do you see the same active involvement in Brony projects, as before?

Badges

44 minutes ago, Nightmare Muffin said:

A long time ago, the g4 fandom used to do pretty noteworthy hands on projects, whether it was accumulating funds for the cause of a fellow Brony in need, or whatever. I don't really see much of that going on today. Maybe it's just not frequently mentioned of given the attention such projects or acts deserve. Maybe the fandom of today doesn't really care about collaborative and joint efforts with such thing.

I've occasionally entertained thoughts of getting the fandom involved with a themed project that would follow the theme of the Cutie Map, to some extent, but that's where it ended- as an idea that never saw the light of day.

What do you fandomers think? Do you see the same active involvement in Brony projects, as before?

I can't speak for the fandom as a whole, but our little slice of it still does this sort of thing. 

sig-4745543.sig-4745543.sig-4745543.sig-

• Brohoof 1

Events are news only when it's their first time on the scene after that it just is there or it disappears into somewhere but announcing the same thing over and over again isn't news and people are not going to be as interested about that as they were in the first time which was probably when everyone made up their minds on the subject and any second time is pretty unlikely to shake their foundation.

So what I'm saying is that unless you are not in the circles who do these events you won't see them anywhere.  I mean I'm pretty sure that people who don't visit this forum are not aware of the mcm  going on around here.

So there are probably lot of events but only those who are involved somehow know it