Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

food Cake or pie?

KillerKingBakudan

Another tough one. I think pie's the go-to snack for me. I love a good cake, but it's something I'd only pick up if I'm celebrating something. Plus, I'm just a bigger fan of pie filling and crust overall.

My favorites to order at the diner: Pumpkin, cheesecake, apple (plain or dutch), banana cream, lemon cream, and chocolate cream.

SpendWithPennies-Homemade-Pumpkin-Pie-24.thumb.jpg.97da65ffc16c2e52b613c295790fec29.jpgNewNYoriginal_WebsitePulled__31054.1450206459_540_536.jpg.679d5b9c8bf4081db069bd67d0ff7d52.jpgClean-Eating-Apple-Pie-1.jpg.4eaf8f61c4cf273d4348200965a8b2bc.jpgQA15jFjTg6npe9uYlfTf-205-banana-cream-pie.jpg.2f9cc84a7ca1e0749ebf37ff372511c3.jpgPhotoImage.jpg.c977be0f86534b9a9a6d7b13fd0762b9.jpgDouble-Chocolate-Cream-Pie-4-of-7.thumb.jpg.c815414486e8d66654de23041a4f7ee8.jpg

And just in case anybody asks, NO, cheesecake is not cake. It should be obvious, but I actually know people who refuse to try it because they really believe it's just cheese added to a cake. WTF? 

Edited by KillerKingBakudan
  • Brohoof 3

10 hours ago, KillerKingBakudan said:

And just in case anybody asks, NO, cheesecake is not cake.

I'll concede to this however there needs to be a clear distinction between pies then. Savory and Sweet, with another division in Sweet to address the huge differences between fruit and custard based pies. cheesecake falling into the latter.

Among pies, apple is my favorite. We have our own recipe. However I can't shake off the attachment I have to Devil's Food Cake. Sometimes it doesn't turn out right, but when it does it's better than anything else so cake wins out here.

• Brohoof 1

Pie is better for an "old man" like myself.  Cake is too sweet for me these days, at some point in my life cake became way too much sugar for me in one sitting and I'm the guy that'll eat a whole pack of oreos in one day!!  I think if people didn't put so much frosting on it, it would be fine...  I got a birthday cake for myself this year and I kinda regret it, it was too much for me, the lady that made it put at least a half-inch worth of frosting on there to "make it look even".  Tried scraping as much frosting off as I could but it was still too much!!

Cake wins for me. There really is no contest here. Cake with whipped frosting is heavenly. My stomach doesn't agree with it, so I don't eat it much, but when I do it is a delight! The only pie I really like is custard pie and I haven't been able to have that since I was a child. I generally don't care for pie. It's just 'okay' in taste and I don't care for the crust at all.

Edited by Envy

I like both, but I'll have to go for pie. Mainly because cake can have that hard sugary frosting that is just gross. I like the more whippy cream frosting that's softer and less sweet. But pie, oh man, pie has all the best flavours of cake, and more. The fruit in pie is a lot fresher and juicier. It's a whole lot more satisfying to bite into an actual strawberry pie, than to have strawberry cake flavoured cake. Plus, pie has more range. Pumpkin and Pecan are two of my favourite types of pie.

Edited by Earl Grey Ghost

• 4 months later...