Banner by ~ SFyr

What woulda made The One Where Pinkie Knows Better

FlareGun45

I wasn't a big fan of The One Where Pinkie Knows, yunno why? Cause the climax was at the very beginning! Yunno what woulda made the episode so much better?

Pinkie reads the note but DOESN'T SAY OUT LOUD! Then little hints get revealed throughout the episode until Shining and Cadance reveal in the end the big news! That way we can only assume, and we'd be as surprised as Twilight was! Wouldn't that make the episode 10x better?

• Brohoof 1

The point of the episode was to do some comedy after the previous episode made a big impact. And having the climax near the beginning instead of the end was a nice change of pace.

Seeing Pinkie struggle to keep the surprise actually parrellels some people having to keep the surprise from those who haven't seen the previous game-changing episode. It would ruin the comedy if we didn't know what Pinkie knew.

Edited by Will Guide
  • Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Will Guide said:

The point of the episode was to do some comedy after the previous episode made a big impact. And having the climax near the beginning instead of the end was a nice change of pace.

Seeing Pinkie struggle to keep the surprise actually parallels some people having to keep the surprise from those who haven't seen the previous game-changing episode. It would ruin the comedy if we didn't know what Pinkie knew.

Problem is that it wasn't funny though.We knew why she was doing it which didn't make it as funny. It actually made it kinda cringe worthy and hard to get invested since we know how it's all gonna end. If we didn't know, then our curiosity would've enhanced the comedy, topped off with our astonishment at the end.

Being impactful and being comedic aren't mutually exclusive. And it was a let down to see this episode not even try to do both. 

• Brohoof 2

Badges

2 hours ago, Denim&Venom said:

Problem is that it wasn't funny though.We knew why she was doing it which didn't make it as funny. It actually made it kinda cringe worthy and hard to get invested since we know how it's all gonna end. If we didn't know, then our curiosity would've enhanced the comedy, topped off with our astonishment at the end.

Being impactful and being comedic aren't mutually exclusive. And it was a let down to see this episode not even try to do both. 

You say it wasn't funny like it's a fact, but that's false. It's more your opinion, not mine.

Wheter this episode is funny or not is matter of opinion. I found it funny and your post comes off as disrespecting my opinion. Cridge comedy is subjective and in the eye of the beholder. While some people hate this kind of comedy, others like me don't mind it at all.

1 hour ago, cuteycindyhoney said:

I enjoyed seeing Pinkie struggle so hard to keep a very important secret. It was a silly episode, but lots of fun. I think it stands well as is.

I quite agree with you.

Edited by Will Guide
  • teacup 1

26 minutes ago, Will Guide said:

You say it wasn't funny like it's a fact, but that's false. It's more your opinion, not mine.

Are you serious? By this threads very nature, every answer given is going to be an opinion. Are we all supposed to write "I believe, I think, I thought, my opinion is" before every statement? That's redundant. Because of course we think believe such things, cause we're the ones writing them. When I said it wasn't funny, the only possible perspective it could've come from is my own. I never said nobody thought it was funny. I said it wasn't funny. 

27 minutes ago, Will Guide said:

I found it funny and your post comes off as disrespecting my opinion.

It's called disagreement. That tends to happen in discussions. 

Chillax dude. 

Badges

10 minutes ago, Denim&Venom said:

Are you serious? By this threads very nature, every answer given is going to be an opinion. Are we all supposed to write "I believe, I think, I thought, my opinion is" before every statement? That's redundant. Because of course we think believe such things, cause we're the ones writing them. When I said it wasn't funny, the only possible perspective it could've come from is my own. I never said nobody thought it was funny. I said it wasn't funny. 

Chillax dude. 

Sorry. Let me explain myself

In my eyes, when you quote me like that and say something like that without saying, "In my opinion," it sounds like you're trying to persuade me to change my opinion on it. I'm Sorry for misreading your intentions.

I meant no disrepect; I'm just trying to be understood.

Edited by Will Guide
  • Brohoof 1
  • teacup 1

1 minute ago, Will Guide said:

Sorry. Let me explain myself

In my eyes, when you quote me like that and say something like that without saying, "In my opinion," it sounds like you're trying to persuade me to change my opinion on it. Sorry for misreading your intentions.

I meant no disrepect; I'm just trying to be understood.

It's cool dude. Wasn't trying to change anypony's mind. 

Besides if I was trying to change your mind, I'd work a bit harder than that. 

Badges

18 hours ago, Denim&Venom said:

Chillax dude. 

I was just reading this, and I am with Denim&Venom here. Apparently, having opinions different from others these days = automatic crucifiction 99% of the time.

Edited by Literatel
  • Sad 1

Badges

1 hour ago, Literatel said:

I was just reading this, and I am with Denim&Venom here. Apparently, having opinions different from others these days = automatic crucifiction 99% of the time.

This post isn't about that though! :P it'it's about an alternate idea for an episode!