Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private New Girl in Town (1x1 with Dynamo Pad)

Sphinx-Ara

@Dynamo Pad

Scarlet smiles as she hears Dynamo mentioning that she seems to be in high spirits, she looks at him "Well you could say that I am yeah. Working for someone like Rarity is a dream come true, and not having to worry about finding accommodation in Ponyville just really takes a load off of my back" she says and then giggles a little, smiling at how he just seemed to work off of her own little joke about the dough-nutty goodness that they were about to get. "Perhaps we should get some for the Princesses too?" she asks with a giggle "Think they'd like that?"

@Scarlet Rose

Dynamo smiles as he listened intently on Scarlet's explanation. "I'm glad to hear that you're happy and that things are going well. Everyone deserves to have happiness, in my opinion. I also know what you mean. I've always wondered if Luna was a gamer. If so, then maybe I could learn from her as a student. Although, I've heard that was just a rumor. I know in time, we'll work together to find a place for you to stay in town, but I'm glad that I'm able to help you out." He says, before chuckling with a smile. The more he talked to Scarlet, the more he felt that they worked well as a team. She seemed to be the joking type and they worked off of one another's joke and random moments. 

He placed a hand to his chin, while being deep in thought. "Hmm...I think that would be a good idea. Maybe we should get a cake for Princess Celestia. She seems to like cake more than doughnuts." He chuckles once more, before nodding at the idea. "I think that would be a good idea. They show up at times when there's a tour, but it's rare. Even if they don't show up, then more doughnuts for us. As well as any other desserts that we happy to find in the shops." He grins as they began to make their way towards the doughnut shop.

Edited by Dynamo Pad

@Dynamo Pad

Scarlet smiles and nods "Cake certainly sounds like a good idea, as is the thought of, if we don't meet the princesses, we have even more snacks to snack on later" she says and nods "And of course, cakes and doughnuts are not the only snacks we can get" she says as they soon arrive at the doughnut shops and the aroma itself was enough to make Scarlet salivate. She quickly wipes the drool from her muzzle and they walk in.

"Oh wow, you were right about this place being amazing..Can you smell all the different scents? All the different sights?" she asks as she goes over to a display of the various cakes and presses her paws on the glass, her tail wagging happily at the sight of it all.

@Scarlet Rose

Dynamo smiles and nods in agreement. "It sounds like you and I will get along very well, my friend. I mean, who doesn't like cake? It's the one thing that is special and sacred when celebrating something of importance. That...and the fact that cake is just amazing, in my opinion." He chuckled, before continuing. "That's also true. If we don't see the princesses, then we have more desserts to have. I don't think they won't mind. What they don't know of the treats won't hurt them, right?" He grinned sheepishly and shook his head at the hilarious antics. He raised an eyebrow at the female wolf's remark. "Oh? What other kinds of desserts and/or snacks did you have in mind? Is it something in the shop here? I'm sure Donut Joe might have some other desserts."

As the two walked into the doughnut shop, Dynamo breathed in the scent of desserts and sighed happily. "It's a dessert paradise. A dream that a pony, or creature, who loves treats would be in heaven. If this place ever got renovated, or replaced. I don't think the scent of these desserts would ever go away." He chuckles as Scarlet went over to the display that had various cakes. Donut Joe smiled as he saw some customers had approached him. "Well, if isn't Dynamo Pad. It's been a while. It's great to see you again." He says, before looking to the female wolf. "Who do we have here? I don't think I've ever seen you before. It looks like Dynamo has found himself a girlfriend. Nice job, kiddo. I'm really happy for you two." He grinned with a wink.

@Dynamo Pad

Scarlet nodded at what Dynamo was saying but as Doughnut Joe greeted them and mentioned that he thought that Scarlet was Dynamo's girlfriend, she blushes "O-oh hello uhm..well I'm Scarlet Rose..and Dynamo and I aren't..I mean we're roommates, he offered his spare room to me in Ponyville, a-and not saying that I wouldn't mind maybe in the future but..." she blushes and splutters, but it was clear she did like the idea, as her tail was wagging quite a lot. "Uhm, let's see, maybe some doughnuts, fudge, cake, slice..." she looks at the selections "maybe a mix of what we like?"

She then smiles "And don't worry about paying, I'm sure I have more than enough to pay for it all" she says with a smile before looking at the menu board above the display "Ooh drinks, lets see.." she smiles and wags her tail "Hmm  how about..I'll have a cherry chocolate shake please"

@Scarlet Rose

At the mention of Scarlet being his girlfriend, Dynamo blushes. "J-Joe! I-I just met Scarlet today. She and I are friends." Joe chuckled and shook his head at the two. "You didn't say just friends, so you never know." Dynamo wanted to respond, but he was stopped at what Scarlet had said. The blush increased as he twiddled his thumbs and stayed quiet. "I'm only kidding with you two. I do think that you two would make a cute couple together, but I'm not cupid. So what would you like to have?" He asks as he waited for Scarlet to make the order. He took down the order on a notepad and pencil and nods. "Okay, I've got it. Some doughnuts, fudge, a slice of cake and a cherry chocolate shake." At the mention of the order, Dynamo drooled at how delicious the desserts sounded. He quickly wiped the drool away and chuckled sheepishly. "I'll have the same order she'll have." Joe chuckled and smiled. "Everyone has about the same reaction over how good the desserts are. I'll be right back." He says as he went to grab the orders for the two.

Dynamo wanted to protest on her paying, but he chose to let it go. "Okay. I guess that makes sense. I paid for the lunch, so I guess we're even. I still feel like I should pay for the order. Maybe I can when it comes to dinner sometime." He says as he didn't realize what he had said. He soon blushed at the idea of asking her out. "I-I mean if that's okay by you, Scar." He sighed in relief as Joe had soon returned with their orders. "There you go. I hope you two enjoy the desserts and drinks. All of this will come to 12 bits." He says as he handed the two their order. He also gave them the drinks, which were held in a cup carrier.

@Dynamo Pad

Scarlet smiles and wags her tail happily as she takes out the 12 bits and hands them over "Here you go, I'll be sure to come by every time I'm in Canterlot" she says then smiles more "I will be starting work with Rarity Unicorn soon, so I'm sure I'll have to make plenty of trips here to check on the boutique here" she says, her tail still wagging. As she pays for the treats and takes them, she hands Dynamo his treats and thanks Doughnut Joe.

She turns around to Dynamo, treats and drink in paw as she wags her tail "Shall we go to the castle now?" she asks him, smiling at him even more.

@Scarlet Rose

Joe smiled as he was handed the amount for the desserts. "Thank you and it was nice to see you again, Dynamo. As well as meeting you, miss Scarlet." He says as he nods to her remark. "Well, then I guess I'll be seeing my favorite couple more often." He chuckled as he saw the two blushing. "At any rate, go and enjoy your day. Have a nice afternoon!" He called out to then, while waving at the retreating couple. Dynamo blushed at Joe's comment, but he didn't really have much to say. He shook his head with a smile and waved at Joe. "Thanks again and we'll see you later, Joe!" He called out as both he and Scarlet exited the doughnut shop.

He smiles as Scarlet handed him his treats and drink. He was saddened that she didn't respond to his offer on dinner, but he assumed that she was distracted by the treats and paying the amount of bits for the treats. He assumed that he would ask her again later. "Thank you for the treats and drink. To also answer you question, I shall go with a yes. I'm ready to head to the castle and enjoy the tour." He says as he lead the way towards Canterlot Castle. "By the way, is there anything that you're looking forward to learning on this tour?" He asks, trying to make some conversation on the way to their destination. He took a bite of his doughnut and sighed happily. "Oh, this is so good. I haven't had a doughnut in a long time, but this is really delicious." He says, before taking a sip of his drink. 

@Dynamo Pad

Scarlet smiles and nods, "Mm well to answer your question, I am hoping to see how things are run here in Equestria, see how different it is from my realm" she says, following him, and nodding as she takes a bite of her own doughnut and drools once more "Oh wow, these are heavenly!" she exclaims, waving to Doughnut Joe before they soon arrive at the castle "I bet Joe gets a lot of customers, with how good  his doughnuts are" she says, wiping her mouth and smiling, and nodding "Well I assume this is the castle, and that looks like a tour group" she says, pointing to a group of ponies gathering outside of the castle.

@Scarlet Rose

As the two walked towards the castle, Dynamo listens to Scarlet's remark, before nodding. "I think this tour will answer your question. All that and more, in my opinion. There's a lot of stuff that's happened in Equestria that's different in your world. One thing I can say is there are a few monster attacks. Sometimes it's random in Ponyville, but it feels normal to me." He chuckles, before continuing. "There was a monster attack during some wedding preparations and a bugbear showed up. Princess Twilight and the other elements of harmony tried to fight it, while everyone in town watched or prepared for the wedding." He says as he remembered that day all too well. The gaming unicorn grinned at the female wolf's approval of the doughnuts. "I know right. I don't know how he does it, but Joe makes some of the best doughnuts in all of Equestria." He says, as the two soon arrived at the castle. He couldn't help, but chuckle at her assumption. "Well, there is only one castle in all of Canterlot. Also, it looks like we made it just in time for the tour. Let's get in line, while we still have time." He says, walking over with Scarlet to join the tour group.

@Dynamo Pad

Scarlet listened and smiled as Dynamo explained some things. She felt her tail brush against his tail and blushes a bit. She smiles as they join the tour group "This is going to be fun" she giggles, nibbling on her doughnut "We really need to visit Joe's again before we leave to go to Ponyville" she says, walking closely with him and watching to see when the tour guide would arrive, which she did and begun the tour.

"Gather around everypony, we will start the tour, my name is Guiding Steps, and I am your tour guide for today" the mare says and smiles "to begin with, we shall start with the many stained glass panels you see around here." she says and smiles "Can anyone tell me what this one represents?" she asks, pointing to the one of Spike holding up the Crystal Heart.

A small colt held up his hand "T-that was when Spike, Princess Twilight's friend, returned the Crystal Heart to us Crystal Ponies j-just in time to defeat K-King Sombra"

Guiding Steps smiles "Very good"

@Scarlet Rose

Dynamo blushed as he felt Scarlet's tail brush against his own tail. He smiles and nods in agreement at her suggestion. "I don't see why not. The trip to Ponyville takes some time by train, so some doughnuts would be really good. Plus, I think you might be addicted to the desserts you got." He chuckled, but he couldn't blame her. He would occasionally visit Joe to get doughnuts, before leaving for Ponyville. Sugarcube Corner had some amazing treats, but you couldn't say no to some delicious doughnuts. As the two joined the tour group, they waited patiently as the tour guide had soon arrived to start the tour.

As Guiding Steps began the tour, everyone was lead into the castle and had walked past the stained glass panels. Dynamo marveled at how beautiful the panels had looked. He had seen the panels before on his first trip to Canterlot, but seeing the panels again didn't feel old to him. As Guiding asked the group about the panel with Spike, a small colt had answered the question. Dynamo smiles as he was happy to know others knew about certain events. "Each panel depicts some important events that had happened in Equestria's history." He whispered to Scarlet, pointing to every panel that had happened over time. "It's also how Spike became know as Spike the Brave and Glorious. It was thanks to Spike that he helped befriend a changeling named Thorax. If it wasn't for Spike, then Thorax might not have been able to help Starlight and the others stop Queen Chrysalis. That, and Thorax was able to become the new ruler of the Changelings." He pointed out as he looked back at the panel with Spike holding the Crystal Heart. 

@Dynamo Pad

Scarlet nods, smiling as she always loved it when little ones saw a eagerness to learn. She saw Dynamo blush and giggled lightly "You are right though, but if I am addicted to these treats, at least I'll be addicted to them with you" she smiles and looks around "So, I assume these Changelings are..or were evil?" she asks and tilts her head "We have stories about Changelings back home" she whispers "Faerieis, of a sort, but they were evil. A changeling would be a child that was believed to be substituted by a faerie child by the faeries, as the faeries had stolen the human child" she says and shudders "Of course it would have been a European folklore, they always have the most strange and scary folklore" she then smiles at him "Also, I never answered you about dinner, did i?" she asks and smiles a bit more "I'd love to have dinner out with you"

@Scarlet Rose

Dynamo smiles at Scarlet's remark and nods in agreement. "That's true when you put it that way. While desserts like these doughnuts taste amazing. It tastes even better when you are spending time with friends." At the question of the changelings being evil, he nods with a frown. "They were for a time. Chrysalis attacked Canterlot by using the love from other ponies and a couple, who were to be married. The couple did get married, but not before running into a few problems with Chrysalis." He was never at the wedding, but he had heard stories from other ponies. "Eventually, Chrysalis was overthrown and the changelings turned over a new leaf. She has been trying to get revenge, but thankfully it hasn't been going well." His eyes widened as he listened to the female wolf's story about her version of the changelings. "That's pretty interesting to hear. So, I guess some of our creatures are folklore's from where you're from. I guess you'll be seeing a lot of these legends and stories during your stay here. I'm also surprised that changelings for you are a different version of the name." He blushed as she brought up the mention of him asking her to dinner. He smiles and nods at her response. "Okay. Maybe after when we go to Ponyville." He looked from left to right to make sure that nobody could hear them. "Canterlot doesn't have that much to offer for dinner dates and we can't go to the Tasty Treat all the time." He chuckles slightly as they continued the tour.

@Dynamo Pad

Scarlet nods "It would seem that way. Back home, each country would have their own take on a popular folklore. For example, the Greek gods are different in Norse mythology, and even then in European mythology." she explains "It's another thing for the abominable snowman. That is what most western countries call it, some eastern though call it either the Wendigo or the Yeti" she then explains and listens to Guiding Steps explain what the Princesses do, she raises her paw "Miss Guiding Steps?" she asks.

"Yes dear?" Guiding Steps asks, always happy to answer a question.

"So, what you are saying is, that the Princesses here, control the sun, moon and stars? Like, with magic?" Scarlet asks, and Guiding Steps nods "That's so cool, back where I come from, it's all about rotation of the earth and cycles." she explains "All natural like" she smiles "Also, only few countries where I come from is ruled by kings and queens. The rest is ruled by either Prime Minister, President or Dictator. Depending on the country. A good example of a dictator back home would be Kim Jun Un, the leader of North Korea, and from what I've heard, he is akin to King Sombra" she explains.

Guiding Steps smiles "Well, you learn something new every day. Thank you for your explanations of difference of where you are from, maybe we could talk about it some time?"

Scarlet smiles "Sounds wonderful, maybe sometime you're in Ponyville, as I'll be moving there soon" she says as Guiding smiles and gives her, her number "Here you are, call me when you're all settled and I'll come visit" Guiding says and Scarlet thanks her before looking to Dynamo with a smile "Wow, Maybe if my fashion work is slow, I could maybe teach history?" she giggles and kisses him softly on the nose "Also, you are right, waiting until after we move my things tonight sounds good"

@Scarlet Rose

Dynamo listened with interest at what Scarlet had explained to him. "That's really interesting. I didn't know there were different folklore and mythologies. I wonder if some libraries have this kind of information on what you've told me. I wonder if even Princess Twilight or the other Princesses would know this." He says, a wondrous look appearing on his face. At the mention of Wendigo's, Dynamo's eyes widened in surprise. "I can imagine there would be different creatures that go by certain names. However, we do have a creature called a Windigo. It's a sort of spirit that only appears during Hearth's Warming. The weather became extremely terrible to live anywhere and ponies fought with each other in tribes. This was before Equestria was founded, but we were able to stop the Windigo's. It's a little confusing, but my mother told me loads of stories on the holidays."

He chuckled as he could see the eagerness of knowledge that Scarlet was learning. He whistled in astonishment at how everything worked from where she came from. "I didn't know there were different kinds of rules besides Princesses. I know we have King Thorax and some Princes, but never a President or anything along those lines. Even how the sun and moon work in your world sounds crazy. Even so, I believe you. I guess our worlds are similar and different in their own ways. It makes me wonder about visiting where your from someday." He smiles at the idea of helping out with history lessons with Guiding Steps. "The fashion industry can be pretty busy sometimes, but I could imagine some days are pretty slow. It's the same for video games. There's a new game that comes out every so often. Other times, there could be weeks or months without a major game to be announced." He blushed and stood frozen as Scarlet kissed him on the nose. He didn't expect her to do that, but he wondered if she had a reason behind it. He shook his head to gather his bearings and decided to file that thought away for later. "That sounds like a good idea. I know we still have some times, before we go to Ponyville. I have a tournament the next day, so maybe the day after that we can go out to dinner."

@Dynamo Pad

Scarlet smiles and nods "That would make sense about the Windigos, as in Earth folklore, they are giant apelike creatures that live in the mountains, more especially mountains covered in snow. They are more popular within the eastern folklore in places like Peru and the Himalayas. They are often blamed for explorers and travelers who travel those mountains going missing" she explains "the more widely known version though is Big Foot. Big Foot is rumored to live in the wilderness of American forests or woodlands. He is very elusive, and that is probably for the best" she says and looks to him "Another folklore is from Scotland, which is a western country. The legend is of a sea serpent or dragon called The Loch Ness Monster, and then there's European mythologies of a sea creature that dwells in the furthest depths of the ocean called Leviathan or in some other places, the Kraken. It is rumored to be the cause of many shipwrecks in the ocean, and is popular among the histories of what we call Pirates or Buccaneers." she explains than blushes "S-sorry, history was kind of one of my absolute favorite subjects at school" she then smiles and holds his hand gently in her paw as they continued with the tour "Oh right, the tournament, sorry, I kind of forgot about that with all the excitement" she says "But sure, after the tournament sounds great"

@Scarlet Rose

Dynamo knew he was on a tour, but he felt like he was on another tour when listening to the female wolf. He chuckled to himself, but he didn't mind at all. In fact, he liked being able to learn that his world was different to her own world. "I don't know about Windigo's on mountains covered in snow. However, I know that yaks live in that kind of environment. I've never heard of anything called Big Foot. Although, we have a hydra, timber wolves and other creatures in a forest outside of Ponyville. It's a place called the Everfree Forest and nobody knows how that place came to be. All the plants, animals and everything isn't natural, or so I've been told." At the mention of the Loch Ness Monster, he hummed in thought. "I do remember hearing about a sea serpent. His name was Steven Magnet and he was best friend's with a donkey. This was during that wedding I told you about with the bugbear. I don't know if anyone has ever ventured to the bottom of the ocean to know if there was a leviathan, or a kraken." He chuckles and shook his head with a smile. "You don't have to apologize, Scar. It really shows how passionate you are and how knowledgeable you are, as well. I really like that about you. While history wasn't my best subject in school, I still like learning about what you've told me in your world. Also, my favorite subject would probably have to be science class. I liked how we got to do random science experiments in class." He says as he felt the female wolf take his hand into her paw. He smiles and nods at the plan as they continued the tour. "I almost forgot too, but it's no worries. We can figure everything else out as we go along." He says, interlacing his tail with her own tail. 

@Dynamo Pad

Scarlet nods "I didn't mind Science, but literature and history were my favorites" she smiles, and then listens for the rest of the tour. Soon though, the tour ended and she sighs "Aaw, was that it? I guess the Princesses must have been busy, we didn't get to see them" she says with a fake but cute pout before she perks up again and then looks at him "But we do need to go to the arcade, and we still have all these deserts to have" she says as they soon follow the tour group outside of the castle and she wags her tail, stretching a little. 

@Scarlet Rose

Dynamo smiles as Scarlet had brought up the subject of literature. "I think it was literature, or English class that I also liked. When I got to high school, the system combined the two subjects, but still. I do like reading from time to time. Sometimes I read manga or I read fanfictions." He chuckled, before continuing. "I also liked gym class at times. I wasn't a fan of having to run laps around the track. However, they did have dodgeball and a game called windmill. It's like kickball, but you go all the way to third base, then you go back to first and all the way to third again. Then you can go to home base and score a run. It's a bit confusing, but it's a lot of fun." He listened to what Guiding Steps had to say to the tourists as the tour had come to and end. He frowned and nodded in agreement on not being able to see the Princesses, but he could only shrug his shoulders. "I guess they were pretty busy, so they probably couldn't show up to visit everyone." He looked over to the female wolf, who had a fake, but cute pout on her face. He smiles softly, before placing a hand on her head and ruffling her hair gently. "Don't be sad. You and I will visit Canterlot every now and again. So, we'll have plenty of more chances to meet the Princesses." He says, giving her a reassuring look.

As the two followed the group outside of the castle, Dynamo stretched as he nods at the plan. "That sounds good to me. We're still good on time." He says, looking up to the sky to see that there was still daylight out. "You're right about the desserts. More snacks for us to enjoy. If we can't finish the desserts, then everyone in the arcade can have some snacks. One can't let good food go to waste." He says, extending his hand for her to take. "Shall we be off to the arcade, my friend?" He asks, giving her an excited grin. 

@Dynamo Pad

Scarlet smiles and nods, as they make their way off to the arcade "Indeed, we shall go to the arcade and share our spoils with our fellow gamers" she says with a giggle, walking alongside him "I hope you win at the tournament" she smiles at him, her tail wagging gently. As she hears what Dynamo said about visiting Canterlot often, she smiles and nods "You're right, who knows, they may know of me by the next time we visit" she says "I do hope that will be the case, to be recognized by them could be a big boost to not just me, but Rarity and the boutiques as well."

@Scarlet Rose

Dynamo nods with a grin as the two made their way to the arcade. "Then let us go and see what games they have to offer! A place where our fellow gamer's can join in the camaraderie of the desserts." He shook his head with a chuckle as they walked side by side. "I hope I can do a good job in the tournament. I know the tournament isn't scheduled until tomorrow, but I can't help in being nervous. I know it's natural, but I can't help in getting nervous every time." He chuckles sheepishly, while using his hand to scratch the back of his neck. "I guess I want to do well and try not to fail or mess up. Although, I realize that it's okay to mess or or lose. So long as you have fun and learn from those mistakes. That way you can do better and win next time." He says, before placing a hand on her shoulder, while giving the female wolf a reassuring smile. "I think they'll know you soon enough. Maybe they might have heard of your fashion line, before you came to Equestria. You have to give yourself some more credit. Your fashion is interesting and unique. A fashion that I have no doubt the Princesses will praise highly of." He says and nods in agreement to her train of thought. "That would be amazing, in my opinion. It would not only be a boost to you and Rarity, but it would show how great of a teacher Rarity is. I could imagine other fashion designer's would go and learn from her." He says as the arcade was just within their sights. 

@Dynamo Pad

Scarlet smiles "Oh I know what it is like to be nervous days before a competition. It's called anticipation, I was like that when I was in high school and had entered into the competition to win a scholarship to the Fashion School" she says "I was so nervous, I nearly made myself sick with it" she shakes her head then smiles at him before she gently reaches out and takes his hand in her paw, her tail wagging a little. "Come on, let us go, I am looking forward to seeing if they have any of the good Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter games, maybe even Soul Caliber" she says, walking with him.

@Scarlet Rose

As they neared the arcade, Dynamo raised an eyebrow in surprise to Scarlet's remark. "Wait a second. You used to be nervous?" He hummed in thought as he shook his head. "Nah. I honestly can't see you being the nervous type, but I take your word for it." He winced slightly as she mentioned of feeling sick before a competition. "I sometimes got to be like that when it came to video game tournaments. How were you able to conquer that fear? Is that fear still there from time to time?" He asks, before smiling with a nod. "I don't think you'll be disappointed. They have the up to date Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter and Soul Caliber. They even have some classics and anime games, as well." He says as the two arrived at the arcade. Dynamo walked up to the front door, before opening the door and holding it out for the female wolf. "After you, m'lady." He held an arm would as he gestured Scarlet to enter the arcade first.

@Dynamo Pad

Scarlet chuckles a little "Oh yes, I was a nervous wreck, I got over it by remembering that this is what I truly wanted to do in my life, and that I had put all my heart and soul into my designs" she smiles at him "How-ever, yes, the fear is sometimes here from time to time, but it isn't as bad as it used to be" she nods and then listens to what he said about the arcade having up to date games as well as classics "Excellent, I've heard that the new Mortal Kombat has gotten some bad reviews, but I am eager to see if it is as bad as they say it is" she chuckles and wags her tail as he opened the door for her and kisses his cheek as she passes him "thank you"