Sign in to follow this  
FirePuppy

Does looking at body comparison images make you nervous?

Take this, for example:

Image result for Healthy and unhealthy body

To me, it makes me really nervous because all the food on the left taste so good I just want to eat more of it, but then again, I choose to buy more foods on the right rather than the other.

• Brohoof 1

Badges

Not really, but when it comes to this subject I always take a relatively academic approach. Diabetes and heart disease make be more nervous than images like these. 

• Brohoof 1

No, not really. If anything, it makes me nod solemnly.

Badges

Not really. Most of the ones I end up seeing on commercials are obviously edited anyways. Not to mention, I feel like I'm in fairly healthy shape in real life.

Edited by Santa Barik

Badges

What the hell is wrong with pizza! Outrageous!

• Laugh 1

I just want to note that the image used is a horrible example of how a balanced and healthy diet should look like~

And even though I'm in the first group, I'm not really nervous per se. I'm becoming more annoyed than anything else about not doing anything about it, but my patience is running out slowly and I think soon I'll switch my habits.

• Brohoof 1

I'm surprised by the comments, It actually looks kinda creepy for me, though. Seeing people made out of food.

Edited by Midnight Solace

Badges

what about if I eat all the stuff that is in the left side image but Im still more like the right one.

My approach to these images is that they are pretty much complete nonsense

1 minute ago, Midnight Solace said:

I'm surprised by the comments, It actually looks kinda creepy for me, though. Seeing people made out of food.

But...that's precisely what happens. The pictures are metaphors...what you eat IS what your mind and body become. That is indisputable, absolute fact. You are made from the food you eat!

My diet is about 80% healthy. That 20% though...damn that's hard to break!!!

It used to, but not as much anymore because Im doing something about it. Although I probably could be eating slightly better, my problem was more of a lack of exercise rather than eating too much junk food. 

Badges

1 minute ago, Yu Ziyuan said:

what about if I eat all the stuff that is in the left side image but Im still more like the right one.

My approach to these images is that they are pretty much complete nonsense

Genetics are a factor of course. Also, there's more to your overall wellness than the food you eat. And, some people are ideally skinny or heavy depending on their activity (and genes). Above all, you eat for wellness, not some 'ideal' appearance. 

• Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, Mirage said:

But...that's precisely what happens. The pictures are metaphors...what you eat IS what your mind and body become. That is indisputable, absolute fact. You are made from the food you eat!

My diet is about 80% healthy. That 20% though...damn that's hard to break!!!

I thought I'm made out of 60% water... Not made out of burgers and soda. And I'm vegetarian! :-D

Badges

5 minutes ago, Midnight Solace said:

I thought I'm made out of 60% water... Not made out of burgers and soda. And I'm vegetarian! :-D

And you have to drink water to keep that percentage up!

I'm not a vegetarian, but I do eat a lot of fresh veggies. Every meal.

Well... The fatter you become, the healthier the wallets of physicians get. But yeah...respect your body or else! :sealed:

Nah, I'm pretty healthy and physically active.

And tip for fat people: If you don't like how you are, just take it little by little, eat healthier, go running/walking, play some sports, drink plenty of water, and you'll slowly become normal.

Food of any kind has its place, and if eaten in proper moderation shouldn't be a huge problem unless you have a specific intolerance for that particular item. Just keep things in a general balance, meaning don't subsist on a strictly Hostess cupcake diet, and you should be fine. Your body and instincts will tell you what's working for you and what isn't. Simple moderation and common sense is all you really need for a balanced diet.