Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How would you like it if Twilight officially gave her dog Spike to Fluttershy?

FirePuppy

By the looks of it, Fluttershy has become more attractive to Spike than Twilight has. So what do you think -- should Twilight keep Spike, or just give him to Fluttershy as her own new pet?

1820300__safe_fluttershy_spike_equestria+girls_happily+ever+after+party_spoiler-colon-eqg+series_clothes_dog_dress_feet_female_happily+ever+after+party.png

Edited by FirePuppy
  • Brohoof 1

I would be pretty thrown off and confused about why would twilight give spike away to Fluttershy. I mean, spike has been at Twilight's side as a assistant and a loyal friend! I got a feeling spike would be pretty sad that Twilight is giving him over to Fluttershy

• 3 months later...

Personally, I don't think she should give up Spike. After all, wasn't he the one who had been with Twilight throughout her years at Crystal Prep? Surely Spike and Twilight had some time together. Fluttershy, on the other hoof, seems to really like Spike. But that's just because of her particular interest in animals. I don't see why Twilight should give Spike away to Fluttershy. After all, won't it hurt Spike's feelings? :kindness:

Spike is no longer a pet (as fitting his role over in FiM)

If Spike WANTED to live with Fluttershy instead (and who wouldn't? :mlp_yay:) that would be different, but Twi would no doubt be hurt that Spike would leave her - as others have pointed out, he has been loyal to Twi from before he got his equestrian "upgrade" and his appeal to the "real" Twilight in the battle against angelic form Sunset was a significant turning point in the battle, showing the deep bond between the two.

As it stands, it is unthinkable that Spike OR Twi would want this to happen.

• Brohoof 1

Spike leaving Twilight in FIM makes sense, but Dog Spike leaving Twilight in EG? Doesn't make any sense. UNLESS he just left temporarily to go on an adventure (which I think still needs to happen), but then he'd come back after!

I don't see why she would do that. Spike likes Fluttershy because she pampers him but she wouldn't be able to do that all the time if he went to live with her. 

• 3 weeks later...
(edited)
On 12/3/2018 at 4:28 AM, Kevin Tang said:

What? Why would she do that?

That's just plain stupid.

You know what, I guess you're right. I should have thought better before making such a topic like this.

On 3/23/2019 at 6:17 AM, shinystarry said:

Personally, I don't think she should give up Spike. After all, wasn't he the one who had been with Twilight throughout her years at Crystal Prep? Surely Spike and Twilight had some time together. Fluttershy, on the other hoof, seems to really like Spike. But that's just because of her particular interest in animals. I don't see why Twilight should give Spike away to Fluttershy. After all, won't it hurt Spike's feelings? :kindness:

You do have a point. Twilight, after all, is and will always be Spike's Original Trainer. And to be honest, Spike would probably end up with fast experience leading to disobedience, just like in the Pokemon video games!

Edited by FirePuppy
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)
On 12/2/2018 at 3:49 PM, DonMaguz said:

Why would Twilight give up her pet?

Spike was her only friend while she was studying at Crystal Prep Academy, it doesn't make any sense for her to get rid of him.

I see what you mean. I should have remembered in the first place that Twilight cares about Spike a lot more than Fluttershy does. What was I thinking?

Edited by FirePuppy
  • Brohoof 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...
On 2018-12-02 at 3:49 PM, DonMaguz said:

Why would Twilight give up her pet?

Spike was her only friend while she was studying at Crystal Prep Academy, it doesn't make any sense for her to get rid of him.

Too bad she basically tossed him away sine she got human friends now.
She's less and less willing to bring him now.
Which is pretty messed up