Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Treeglow Flicker Attaches Artwork To Your Eyeballs

Treeglow Flicker

Hello there!

Thought I'd post something that I drew tonight. I would like to introduce you to my original character, Treeglow Flicker. In regards to my artwork, my vocation has always been manga. And if I'm being honest, I haven't actually drawn many MLP characters in the past. Or at least not in a manga artwork style. I was pretty much drawing this as an experiment. Ever since I resorted to digitial means for my artwork, I've been using greyscale colouring as oppossed to screentones. Problem with screentones is that they tend to distort if the image gets resized improperly. Some resized screentones can really hurt the eyes. But enough about that.

I'm pretty pleased how this drawing turned out. :mlp_yeehaa:

Tons I could do to make her better, but it's a completed piece as far as I'm concerned. :-P

This is actually the first time I've attempted drawing a Kirin. I've always had her running around in my head and I'm really glad that I got her into a drawing, even as an experimental piece. Kind of regret not drawing her wearing her witch's hat though. But there's always the next drawing. I pretty much fell in love with the Kirin as soon as I saw them. I wonder if they'll ever build themselves an angry dome like the one Professor Farnsworth had in Futurama? Anyway, I hope I've managed to attach it to this post okay. Kind of lacking an online image hosting site at the moment. Fun bit of trivia. This is the first time I've shown off some of my artwork in years. Kinda nice, to finally share my stuff. All I need now is to draw up an avatar and a signature.

Anyway. Enjoy!

- Image Attachment Cleanup Deletion -

Edited by Treeglow Flicker
  • Brohoof 1

Nice black and white drawing

But since most of the Kirin have the same body type and hairdos, it would be so much better if you add some colours to it, because if I look at this character without knowing the name, I'd probably assume that this is Autumn Blaze.

Just saying, so you know.

Nice job on that though!

• Brohoof 1

9 hours ago, cuteycindyhoney said:

My eyeballs think that's very pretty! Good work!

One note of advice? Put a little space between the "L" and the "I" in Treeglow Flicker. Or make the "i" lower case. Together they  kind of looks like a single "U".

Saw your point on the lettering. So I editted and removed it. Usually with any bog standard character drawing or drafting, I usually write the character name next to it as reference out of habit. So it's not exactly going to be missed. But thanks for spotting that little problem. :-P

5 hours ago, Kevin Tang said:

Nice black and white drawing

But since most of the Kirin have the same body type and hairdos, it would be so much better if you add some colours to it, because if I look at this character without knowing the name, I'd probably assume that this is Autumn Blaze.

Just saying, so you know.

Nice job on that though!

Oh I fully intend to do a full colour version of her, complete with other little details. :-P

This was pretty much just a test to see if I could draw her out in my usual style that I use for when I draw manga.

Glad you both like it.

2 hours ago, Treeglow Flicker said:

Saw your point on the lettering. So I editted and removed it. Usually with any bog standard character drawing or drafting, I usually write the character name next to it as reference out of habit. So it's not exactly going to be missed. But thanks for spotting that little problem. :-P

You're quite welcome!

1 hour ago, Midnight Solace said:

That is a very scary sounding title... :-D

Great drawing! I find it extremely hard to draw Kirins myself.

I like to try and leave a lasting impression. Good titles to grab the reader's attention and all that stuff. :-P

Anyway. I'm glad you like my drawing. Yeah, I have to admit I struggled to get a good enough sketch of Kirin down at first. I mean they are built in a similar way to the regular pegasus, unicorn and earth ponies, save for a few extras and alterations. But I found it suprisingly deceiving. Practice makes perfect I guess. Or at least as close to that concept as I can get.  :mlp_laugh: