Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Art Contest - December

Rarity

I am delighted to have been given the chance to present this Contest for the month of December, Winter is here at last and this seems like the perfect time to showcase my new Winter-line, but enough about me, This Contest is for everypony, so here's what we'll do,
to avoid the Vulgar choises mixed themes sometimes present us with, we're going to go for the purity of Winter, Snow, and Hearthwarming, now in the spirit of the holidays, it's decided that you won't have to mix all 3, any one of those three is enough to have a valid entry
other rules do still apply though, so make sure to keep your entries clean and safe for foals, and if you use a base, mention it,
that would be all, may you all have a lovely evening.

Deadline is the end of the month, as usual, and there might me a surprise this time but don't hold me to it
Entries are to be submitted here
if you recieve an error text, the entry still gets through, don't worry

• Brohoof 9

• The topic was featured
53 minutes ago, Rarity said:

safe for children

Ha! Rarity broke the 4th wall! I'm pretty sure it's "foals"

So, do I just draw things related to cold stuff and Hearth's Warming?

Edited by Midnight Solace
  • Brohoof 5

12 hours ago, Midnight Solace said:

the theme is either, "snow", "Hearthswarming" or "Winter", you can chose which one

16 hours ago, Midnight Solace said:

I'm pretty sure the word "Children" was used in the show.

Though I should ask.  Does it specifically have to be "Hearth's Warming" or we allowed to do a Christmas theme?

On 12/3/2018 at 9:57 PM, Yu Ziyuan said:

It has to be a pony, right?

Any mlp race will do

On 12/4/2018 at 1:56 AM, JCKane said:

Though I should ask.  Does it specifically have to be "Hearth's Warming" or we allowed to do a Christmas theme?

Go for it. There's not much difference anyway

• Brohoof 2

On ‎12‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 4:08 PM, Lord Valtasar said:

In spirit of the holidays, this month we'll have a special Guest Artist see the entries and chose the winner, so make sure to do your best everypony:mlp_grin:

Ooh, sounds fun :)

On ‎12‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 9:27 AM, Lord Valtasar said:

Go for it. There's not much difference anyway

Well, there are a few traditional differences, like the dolls.  But it's more like if I had text saying "Merry Christmas" wouldn't want to get counted off for it.

5 hours ago, ShadOBabe said:

I just submitted mine! Got that error code you mentioned.

My entry was actually a two-parter, so I sent both. Hopefully that’s not a problem. X3

it's no problem having a two parter, and it got through, but the links to the images were broken, can you reupload them? thanks, and happy Hearth's Warming

• Brohoof 1

7 hours ago, Lord Valtasar said:

it's no problem having a two parter, and it got through, but the links to the images were broken, can you reupload them? thanks, and happy Hearth's Warming

Sure! Just gimme a sec. DeviantArt's doing something weird with it's downloads. Lemme just upload straight from my computer.

4 hours ago, ShadOBabe said:

Sure! Just gimme a sec. DeviantArt's doing something weird with it's downloads. Lemme just upload straight from my computer.

Ok. Worked fine this time. Thanks

• Brohoof 1

I have submitted it and with mere hours to spare!

Now this was a fun month :-D While I don't have to win the contest I just hope the judge and everyone will appreciate the effort I put into my submission.  This was definitely my most ambitious work and a total passion project for the entire month of December, so I hope you all like it. :adorkable:

• Brohoof 1

the guest will arive tomorrow, so there's still a bit of time left, and about that surprise Rarity announced, since it's the last one of this year, we decided to have it be a two part contest, with 2 seperate winners, one will be for the month of December, as usual, and then there's the bonus part where the entries from all the previous months will take part, a recap of sorts

• Brohoof 1

3 hours ago, Lord Valtasar said:

the guest will arive tomorrow, so there's still a bit of time left

So then mind if I ask for safety sake and since I have time to resubmit did my submission "work" or did it not load?

Just now, KH7672 said:

So then mind if I ask for safety sake and since I have time to resubmit did my submission "work" or did it not load?

it's there, and it's glorious

• This topic was locked and unfeatured