Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

A 3D My Little Pony Series Planned for 2030

Dawn Darkness

I’ll be planning a three-dimensional MLP series that is going to be made in Blender. But, since I cannot make all the environments, characters, VFX by myself, I’ll be needing your help when that time comes.

Things I need for this series:

1. Environments/landscapes

(I’ll be making this series in the fourth generation of My Little Pony, Friendship is Magic, since I’m more familiar with that than the other ones.)

2. VFX artist

(At least one artist of special effects will I need for the magic in the series. He or she can either be a veteran with After Effects, or just a normal After Effects user that is good at making the magic in the series.)

3. Voice Actors

(These will I need for the characters when the first two parter is in post-production. The voices, along with soundfx and soundtracks are going to be the last things I’ll add to the two-parter episode of the first season.)

4. 3D Character Modeling

(Any talented modelers who can make ponies, dragons, etc. for my series? These are the important ones for the animations I’ll make in Blender. You can, do it either in Blender or ZBrush. Any of those two might work better for any 3D modelers and artists.)

That’s about it for now. I hope to hear responses for the series in time. If any has questions, do leave me a message in private so I can answer them without others being known.

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, SparkleSan79 said:

Will character ideas be involved in this project?  :mlp_please:

Not really. This is just an original idea that I came up with, so no character ideas will be used. This is my own thoughts of the series itself. However, what I can say is, OC characters can be included in the project if they're good and approved by me. Otherwise, this is only about my character and his adventures with the main cast of FiM.

If you can afford it, you can use Houdini Indie for Vfx. For compositing, you can use Natron or the free version of Fusion. Instead of Zbrush, you can use Sculptris for character modeling, while using Blender for rigging and animation. For rendering, you can use Renderman.

On 12/4/2018 at 8:24 PM, vgmaster9 said:

If you can afford it, you can use Houdini Indie for Vfx. For compositing, you can use Natron or the free version of Fusion. Instead of Zbrush, you can use Sculptris for character modeling, while using Blender for rigging and animation. For rendering, you can use Renderman.

The problem is, I have zero idea how to work with the other programs you just mentioned. (Sorry for a late reply.)

I think that Blender could also be used for VFX, compositing, rendering, and character modeling. I’ve seen a few videos that you can actually do those four things in Blender itself. But, I dunno about making magic aura as VFX within the 3D program.

• 2 weeks later...

To everyone still interested in the project, I’ll be making this into a My Little Pony series with a superhero genre to it. I’ve gotten a few characters some of you can do with voicing. 

Tristan

Twilight Sparkle

Pinkie Pie

Fluttershy

Rainbow Dash

Applejack

Rarity

Spike

Princess Celestia

Princess Luna

(These are the main cast that are open to be voicing. I got another male to the gang, because I felt the heroines could use a new hero to their gang. Tristan, who is a boy that gained superhero powers during a training session in his homeworld, was sent to Equestria to stop the villains there instead. His voice is like Saitama from One Punch Man, but is a bit more heroic than him. Anyone up for the series? Comment and tell me if you’re up for the work I’ll be doing after my Vader fanfilm. The series will be 25 minutes long, a bit longer than the traditional 22 minute episodes.)