Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What version of yourself do you cringe at the most?

Octavia Heartstrings

I'd say about 9 to 14 so most of my time at school! :derp: In some ways, I was smart for my age... but I can't deny I was a weird kid at the same time! :please: The version of me from a couple of years later may have been a bit cringy at times too... but a massive improvement over the earlier one anyway! :laugh:

• Brohoof 5

Dearest Recherché of 2014 & 2015~~

"You have my most profound gratitude for listening to your music too loudly; tinnitus is an absolutely splendid experience!

... On second thought, no. It truly isn't.

Bite me."

~~Sincerely, Recherché of 2018

Seriously; even if we ignore the absolutely rubbish music I listened to at the time, I cannot believe that I managed to give myself tinnitus, especially due to my relatively sensitive hearing. :mlp_pout: I am sure this sentiment will be echoed many times throughout this thread... but my adolescent self makes me shake my head in more ways than one.

• Brohoof 3

I find myself cringy in general, but I think the worst of it was when I was around 14 (2011-2012).

Back then I played Call of Duty more often than I ever played TF2, thought I was multiple people in one body (Like Dissociative Identity Disorder), and I recorded the cringiest let's plays...

• Brohoof 1

Every years and so on. You can ever escape cringing at yourself once and awhile of your lifetime.

• Brohoof 1

Probably me in Primary School, I was always living in my own world at the time, but I also didn't really had any friends back then and I often spent recess and lunch by myself most of the time, so not really proud of that, this was like the mid 2000's btw.

• Brohoof 1

16-18 (2005-2007). I get I was a teenager, but I was particularly a mess of one as anyone who knew me back then could attest to, I'm sure. Not that I can say I'm not the same person in many ways, but pretty much every negative trait of mine was amplified to the extreme back then. I enjoyed stirring drama, I was super-opinionated about everything and didn't know when to stop, and... Running into struggles as a musician led me to clash with a lot of other people including other members of my high school band and the directors. Somehow I simultaneously thought I was better than where I was placing and also thought I was a failure at life and ended up being very unhappy with certain people who didn't practice ever but placed so well.

Now that I really think about it, I should cringe that I even have this username, because it really came from that idea. One particular band student. She was much prettier than me and she played the bassoon, which I didn't yet. She never practiced yet was always making the top band and just playing so much better than me no matter what I did. What is most cringeworthy about that is that I got a little creepy about that, and always talked about her among my friends and even made LJ posts back then constantly talking about her. I was obsessing and I really hate that I ever did that.

It probably doesn't help that she's probably the reason I came up with using this username to begin with. I've liked to play it off that it was more general envying people more talented than me/prettier than me, but that's not as accurate as I'd like it to be.

• Brohoof 1

Despite my childhood being my second best period of my life, it’s also the most cringey on a personal level :muffins:. The fact that I don’t like children may have something to do with it, or that's a reason I don't like 'em  :catface:

Edited by Steve Piranha
  • Brohoof 1

11 hours ago, Midnight Solace said:

I always seem to hate who I am, so I guess I have cringed at myself my whole life.

Yeah, I've always struggled with that feeling, though I think I was the most cringey in my 11-13 year old days. I was oblivious to everything back then. Now I'm aware of my weirdness. :sealed:

• Brohoof 2

I cringe the most at my 12-16 year old self. I don't know, just some of the stuff I did during those years was cringey and stupid and I regret doing a lot of the things I did. Here I am almost 18 now and I've already matured a lot since then. Plus...those were the puberty years and like most people, looking back on that makes me cringe hard. :laugh:

Edited by Lucky Bolt
  • Brohoof 2

There have been moments in my life that I do regret, but there's no age gap that I find 'cringy', not even my teen years where I mess up everything I touched. If I didn't do half the things I regret doing, I wouldn't be where I am now. All of it was in the past anyway, and there are things that I used to do a lot I now think are endearing/funny in hindsight, so why should I hate my past self just for being naive? It seems a little pointless.

• Brohoof 1