Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What version of yourself do you cringe at the most?

Octavia Heartstrings

Definitely 9th grade. I hung around the wrong crowd, thought I was top dog and could do whatever the hell I wanted. I am not proud of that year and grew up fast come 10th grade.  

• Brohoof 1

I was cringy for about 60 minutes on Good Friday in 2015. ;)

7 hours ago, Envy said:

That means LiveJournal. Does no one know what that is anymore? lol

Right. I mean it’s not super obscure. It’s up there with MySpace and Geocities as once popular areas of the internet that fell out if favor. 

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

I'd say the 2015/16 version: I didn't realize how fat I was becoming, and that was all given by my lazy attitude and lack of self care. It's not the fact I was getting fat that is cringey, it's the fact I was denying it and I was throwing away every result I obtained by years sport.

But my most cringey versions are the 2005-2011 ones...having a look back I realized I could never stand myself as a kid...

• Brohoof 1

Everything up and through high school. I had the dumbest looking hair, long and curly. It made me look so young and nerdy. I can’t stand to look at pictures of myself from back then. How did I ever get friends looking like that? :laugh:

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

My 8th grade year which was 2015-2016

I pretended to be social and hip by acting a little "ghetto" while forcing myself to listen to crappy top 40 hits (even though I didn't like the music.)

*facepalm* ughhhhhhhh those were dark times. :scoots:

• 2 weeks later...

I look back at my middle school self and I wonder why I didn’t try to stop being so awkward. 

I was always told I was mature for my age all through growing up. For the most part, I'd agree, but my parents didn't see what I was like in middle and high school. I attached myself to the "weird kid" archetype so much that it became like a show of sorts, which, I don't really regret as much during my middle school years than I do in my high school years. As a 15-16 year old, it became gratuitous.

I would have to say from 13 to 20 because I kept jumping into random relationships with guys I barely knew. But I did learn a lot from that whole experience. 

• 2 months later...

i don't find myself particularly cringy at any point of my life, but i do cringe at the clothes i wore when i look at photos from my childhood:eww:

• 2 years later...