Sign in to follow this  
Venomous

General Have You Ever Fallen Asleep While Driving?

Have you ever fallen asleep while driving? I have done this once and I ended up driving over a curb, resulting in a flat tire. I take sedatives at night to put me to sleep and if I don't sleep them off totally, I am still super drowsy in the morning. 

Badges

That's one of my biggest fears when driving. :sealed: Luckily it's never happened to me yet, and I hope it never does.

Badges

Heh, I remember I was so tired driving back home that I almost drove into the oncoming traffic.

• Brohoof 1
  • Shocked 1

Badges

Fell asleep for a second and found myself driving halfway between the road and the dirt, that small thing was enough to make sure I never fell asleep again.

Badges

Unfortunately yes, guys, it is so much better an option to just sleep in the back of the car, it's far to dangerous.

• Brohoof 1

Badges

Nope, I haven't done this before while driving. Not that I plan to either, lol

Badges

No, thank fuck. I've had visions of that happening though.

Who the hell drives when their eyes are about to close?

Badges

A couple of years ago I was in a terrible car crash. It was a single car crash, involving my car and a very large tree. I came very close to dying. I have no actual memory of the crash, having awakened three days later in the hospital. I think the answer is probably yes.

I haven't driven a car since then. Frankly, I'm too scared to.

Edited by cuteycindyhoney

The closest I really came to that was nodding off a few times while driving to work. That was maybe...around 10 years ago; I think. It never led to anything bad other than me driving my right side tires off the road, but that always scared me awake. Hasn't happened since; thankfully.

Nope, and hopefully I never do. :wacko:

Badges

No never, though there have been times when I was really tired but fortunately I always got home in time.

• teacup 1
  • yay 1

Yes i have dozed off while driving once. It was on the way home from eating chinese buffet and i just recently got my license to drive. The conditions were against me as i was very comfortable in my seat, with the air on and a full stomach. I slowly dozed off and I woke up to my car running through the gravel on the side of the road. I quickly corrected and was on my way BUT i have never done that again. Scared me too much.

Badges

I have come too damn close. Closer than I'd like to admit and closer than my family or @Lucky Bolt would like to hear.

In fact I'd probably get an earful from her.:twismile:

Edited by Cyclone
  • Shocked 1

Badges