Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Have you ever fallen in love with a fictional character before?

Phasereale

The reason I ask this question is, because I've adapted some very caring and loving feelings to Pinkie Pie. I know she is a fictional character and all, but it's her personality that I like and love the most. She's very sweet, nice, happy, positive, caring, and fun to be around. I think it's also, because I've seen comics on her backstory on how she lost her granny and the reason why she likes pegasi so much. I also feel bad for her on how some people treat her as well. Also, don't forget the dark fanfics where she dies sometimes. Have any of you have feelings for a character like this before?

• Brohoof 1

Never did, never do, never will.

Keeping a pretty strong compass here, really. There's a reason they're called "fictional" after all. They're just a figment of someone's imagination.

• Brohoof 2

I do love my Princess Twilight Sparkle, but I would also like to mention someone from literature.

Robert B. Parker's character, Spenser. His first name is never given. Spenser is a a strong and just man. He can be hard when needed, but will put his life on the line to help a friend. I love Spenser, but know that if I ever somehow entered a reality where he exists, I'd have no chance. His love for Dr. Susan Silverman is absolute. She is his anchor. Without her, he might become as cold and unfeeling as his blood brother, Hawk.

• Brohoof 1

While I can't say I ever '"fell in love" with a fictional character, I can say that I definitely grew an attraction to a couple in my early years. Particularly Fifi from Tiny Toons and Krystal from the StarFox games.

Yeah; my furry roots are showing.:darling:

• Brohoof 3

In love? No. Infatuated or grew an attraction for? Yes but I knew they were fictional. 

20 minutes ago, PathfinderCS said:

While I can't say I ever '"fell in love" with a fictional character, I can say that I definitely grew an attraction to a couple in my early years. Particularly Fifi from Tiny Toons and Krystal from the StarFox games.

Yeah; my furry roots are showing.:darling:

Don’t worry. I’m sure my first furry attraction was Bunnie Rabbot from Sonic SatAM. Fifi was on my list too. :mlp_grin:

• Brohoof 1

I remember back when I was a young kid I had a crush on Raven from teen titans however once I got older, I no longer have any kind of feelings towards fictional characters but I understand if other people do

• Brohoof 1

20 hours ago, Passion said:

Never did, never do, never will.

Keeping a pretty strong compass here, really. There's a reason they're called "fictional" after all. They're just a figment of someone's imagination.

Interesting standpoint, makes me wonder where is the limit of ones imagination or is there limit at all. So if someone committed themselves in every sense to be living in an imaginary world would that be possible?

As for the topic maybe, maybe not I used to be pretty into fictional stuff but as i delved deeper into discovering myself and as my worldview has evolved the line between reality and fiction has become pretty blurred for me. 

Still I've pretty much committed myself to being in this existence as a starting point for my possible longer journey.

Edited by Yu Ziyuan
  • Brohoof 1

Not in a "romantic" way hell no. Just more like "fan favorite" character because  of their personality (and looks).

• Brohoof 1

@Phasereale

Because this is a question that can apply to any fictional character and not exclusively MLP characters, I will be moving it to General Discussion.

To add on to this, yes. Anyone who knows me can tell you this. I have a long list of anime characters that I am attracted to (you can find the full list in my blog entries somewhere). However, there are a select few characters that I put above the others. An example of this would be Katsuki Bakugo from My Hero Academia. As far as i'm concerned, we are together and will be forever. I am also married to Izuku Midoriya from My Hero Academia and we have a child. With that being said, I can also assure you that I understand that these characters are fictional. I realize that they aren't actually real people. It's more of just a fun crush to have.

• Brohoof 2

1 hour ago, Venomous said:

I am also married to Izuku Midoriya from My Hero Academia and we have a child. 

Unexpected news :bea:

I've always been attracted to fictional characters, from an early age. I think love can only be felt with someone you know, but sometimes the attraction or affection can be strong.

• Brohoof 2

22 minutes ago, Olly said:

I've always been attracted to fictional characters, from an early age. I think love can only be felt with someone you know, but sometimes the attraction or affection can be strong.

Olly we are going to have to stop agreeing like this.... :derp:

But basically what Olly said. I have been attracted to a number of characters. Even gone through mental exercises of what a relationship with said character would be like. Heck imaginary friends are awesome even if for nothing other than a 15-minute creative mental break. 

But is that love? Nah I can't claim the same depth of feeling that I define as love if I can't get to know someone and debate things with them etc. 

• Brohoof 1

I have fallen for fictional characters many times. It doesn't matter if they're real or not. People I have a crush on in real life don't often turn into anything interactive with me but it doesn't mean they don't count. So it's no different with fictional crushes. I can appreciate someone from a distance or base my feelings on a personality trait whether the person is real or not. The traits I respond to are still the same, so why should I pretend not to feel the way I do when a fictional character possesses them?

• Brohoof 1

On 12/7/2018 at 3:54 PM, Crow2 said:

I remember back when I was a young kid I had a crush on Raven from teen titans however once I got older, I no longer have any kind of feelings towards fictional characters but I understand if other people do

You keep your eyes off my Raven. :baconmane: Ha seriously she is the best. :mlp_icwudt:

Edited by Merry Brony 2A

I find it really easy to fall for fictional characters but at the same time, it is really really hard for me to form attractions to real people.  It's very frustrating...:okiedokieloki:  I have a huge crush on Fenris and Dorian Pavus from Dragon Age, also Buffaloman from Kinnikuman.

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

I am deeply in love with Coloratura. I love her more than any girl in the living (and non-living) world; she's the love of my life. She may be a fictional character, but my love for her is real.

Edited by ILoveRara
  • Brohoof 5