Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

$750 Stretch Goal Prize B - Holiday Fic - COMPLETE

Jeric

Staff Reads a Holiday Fic

post-36804-0-99863500-1479996438_thumb.png

This is actually a two-part deal that will involve two seperate staffers. The first was initiated back in 2015, when a staff member read Visit From St. Nicolas. There was some backstory to that. You see, I am the person who reads that to my kids every Christmas Eve. No matter what, I have always read it to my family, so finding someone here who could carry that tradition was a part self-indulgence, yet with the genuine desire to share and start a holiday tradition with digital family. So on Christmas Eve we will post a recording of a special guest reading A Visit from St. Nicholas. 

On top of that, a lucky volunteer staffer will read a Holiday inspired Fan Fiction. Before we do any polls, I want to open this up to suggestions. Now, please only recommend short stories and not massive texts, Otherwise this we will be waiting a while. Also, unlike the Golden Oaks Reader project, the selected staffer will have the option of recording this and releasing the audio file OR doing it live. Whatever works for them. 

So, what is your favorite Heath's Warming Eve fic? Post it below. 

Here is the fic read by Randi 

https://pony.fm/tracks/39097-the-gifts-we-give-ourselves

• Brohoof 4

• The topic was featured
18 minutes ago, Denim&Venom said:

@Jeric question. Do EQG fics regarding the Anon-a-miss arc from the comics count as holiday material? 

Hm. No since it is an official story, but you just gave me a wonderful idea. 

1 hour ago, SparklingSwirls said:

How about having a staff member write a holiday fic? Now that would be fun :rarityhat: 

We have something similar coming down the line if donations pick up. Bigger actually 

*raises hoof hand*

If it's done as a live event, what shall be the procedure of such?  Is there a specific time/day in mind, or shall it be decided upon once the story & reader are chosen?

1 minute ago, Randimaxis said:

*raises hoof hand*

If it's done as a live event, what shall be the procedure of such?  Is there a specific time/day in mind, or shall it be decided upon once the story & reader are chosen?

We have a special Discord channel that allows someone to read live on VC while others can listen in.

date and time will be dictated by availability of the selected reader. 

• Brohoof 1

• The title was changed to $750 Stretch Goal Prize B - Holiday Fic
  • The topic was unfeatured
  • 2 weeks later...
40 minutes ago, Jeric said:

you still game to read sir? 

Name the time & place - I am SO there.  :pinkie:

... umm, and the story; that too.

• The topic was unfeatured