Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private 1x1 w/ Jedishy

Kitty_Cat

@Jedishy

OOC: https://mlpforums.com/topic/181501-rp-anyone/

Vincent’s POV:

It’m quite weary tonight. Today has been a long day, and now I’m in the office by myself since Mike got sick. I can’t concentrate very well due to my lack of sleep. As I watch over the monitor, I see an animatronic headed my way. It’s moving very fast, so I have to close the door quickly. Unfortunately, I’m too slow... the animatronic has entered the office. It jumps and attacks me; all I see is static.

The static finally fades from my vision. I open my eyes, expecting to be dead. Well, I’m certainly not where I expected to be, and... what is up with my arms and legs? I can’t feel my hands. I open my eyes more and look at my... arms? These dont look like arms... I roll over onto my back so I can see my legs.... or...

What the heck?! What happened to my legs?!

Oh no... I don’t think I’m human anymore...

Where even am I?!

Edited by Kitty_Cat

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WinterBolt lands in Ponyville. It was one of the few towns of Equestria that he had not yet set hoof in. His stomach growls and he is made more aware than ever of his lack of bits. With a sigh, he shakes the dew out of his light blue coat and tries to straighten the powdery white of his mane. To his name, he only has his saddlebags and their contents. Looking around he tries to get his bearings and find a place to at least get a snack until he can find an odd job and earn a few more bits. 

Walking into town he wonders if he should send a letter back home as it had been a while since his mother Honey Leaf heard from him. 

" Wonder if they even care? I mean I did rather make a mess of things last winter...." 

I attempt to stand up in this strange form of mine. I keep falling over onto my face. How the heck am I supposed to do anything, nevertheless get back home?? I continue to try to get up awkwardly. I suddenly realize that there may be others nearby. What would happen if they saw me like this??

The thoughts of pretty much everything around me have caused me to stop my attempts of getting up and I just lay there awkwardly doing nothing but stressing out in my mind,

Winter keeps heading deeper into the town trying to figure out what to do with his last hoof full of bits. As he passes a sign for a bakery that says Sugar Cube Corner he sees a pony down the alley that seems to be in trouble. Moving cautiously he sees this pony appears to be hurt or otherwise unable to stand for some reason. With a concerned whinny, he moves swiftly down the alleyway. 
" Are you ok? Do you have friends or family you want me to get? I'm new here so I don't know anypony but I can go get help if you give me some directions. "

I am startled by this sudden voice. When I realize they’re just trying to help, I say “Uhhh... I don’t know! I don’t know where I am! I don’t know what I am!! Aghhh!” The thoughts are overwhelming me. I try frantically to get up, but still fail. How do I stand up with odd legs like these!?

Winter looked at this strange pony with concern. They were not making any sense. He fluttered about a bit nerviously before helping him to his hooves. He steadied the pony and trying to calm them down. 

" Now just what do you mean you don't know what you are? Have you not gotten your cutie mark yet or something?

That was the only thing he could think to say in response to such an odd statement. He knew this pony needed help but had no idea where to find it in this new town. 

(edited)

Im not used to this posture... I fall over again, still stressed.

“I mean— I’m not ME! What’s a cutie mark?? Am I a Barbie or something?? I’m filled with utmost confusion!! Nothing is making sense! I’m in my office and the next thing I know I’m here as something I am not!” I look to the blue and white... thing... and notice it has a similar body structure to mine.

“Hold up.. I think I got it...”

I attempt to copy the other’s posture and stand up. Success! Now that I am standing, I can finally take a look around. My eyes widen.

”Woah.... It looks quite calm here...” I’ve officially forgotten all of my fear and stress.... strangely...

Edited by Kitty_Cat

" Wait, whats a cutie mark? You mean the mark eveypony gets when they figure out their unique talent? I mean for Celestia's sake everypony knows what a cutie mark is. Did you get thumped on the head or something? Do I need to fly off to find some nurse ponies for you? Oh buck I dont even know where the hospital is around this town. I have put hoof in darn near every part of Equestria from Manehatten to YakYakistan but not this town.... " 

Winter Bolt paced back and forth his wings fluttering a bit in agitation. He wanted to get help but it was not serious enough to yell for somepony but too serious to leave this pony on his own. 

“I think I’m starting to understand what’s going on... So uh.. I’m not from here... I’m not really supposed to be, well, whatever I am now and I don’t know how things work in this place. Pretty much I was working in the office late at night and uh... I got attacked by one of the malfunctioning robots that I had made. Something strange happened while I was unconscious and I was sent here... That’s all I know.”

With a winny of laughter Winter Bolt is sure that someone is pulling his leg at this point. This pony can't be serious. 

" Oh haha mess with the new pony in town. I might be new but I'm not a foal. Come on there is no way you just magically appeared here like that. I mean I have traveled all over Equestria and even Alicorn magic does not bring you to alternate worlds or whatever. Or at least no magic that I have ever heard of and all I have time for when traveling is study. "

He looked at the pony and saw that they were serious. With a concerned nicker, he shook his head. Whatever the truth was his empty belly could wait this pony needed help. He nodded towards the open street. 

" Look lets pretend for the moment I believe you... you still seem like you could use a once-over from a nurse pony or someone. So why don't we find someponey in charge or at least who can give us directions to get help?

(edited)

“Perhaps. Whoever rules this place should know a way. This “alicorn magic” seems quite powerful already from what I hear from you.” I smile excitedly. “Cmon, let’s go already! We’ve got a quest to conquer, and I’m beside myself with anticipation! I’ve got quite the feeling this is gonna be fun!”

My smile quickly fades. “Oh and uh... you’re not creeped out by my lack of irises or pupils...?”

Edited by Kitty_Cat

" Huh, I did not notice that but no it does not really bother me. My name is Winter Bolt by the way. What's your name?

Winter moved towards the street and peeked out hoping to see somepony that he could try to flag down. He wondered if he ought to hollar for help or not. But that might cause a panic. He stepped into the throng of ponies and started to try to spot someone that looked like they might point the two newcomers in the right direction. 

“Oh really? Heh... Anyway, I’m Vincent, or Vince for short. Nice to meet ya!”

I follow Winter around. I decide to look around and notice a purple pony with a horn and wings.

”Woah.....” I say to myself. Could this be an alicorn?

" Oh sweet Celestia.... I didn't want to meet the princess right off the bat..." 

Winter almost looked ready to take to the skies as his vision darted all over the place. Twilight had been going to Manhatten with her friends on the winter he had gotten his cutie mark. The same year he caused a snow pile up that blocked Manehattens streets for hours. Eveypony in the city knew his face from that debacle. 

" Umm Vincent I want you to know that Twilight might now be overjoyed to see me. I'm sorta known for causing trouble wherever I go. I never mean to but I am always breaking something or causing weather mishaps that really inconvenience everypony. " 

“I understand that. Mistakes happen.....” I look downward a little solemnly, but quickly look back up so I don’t attract attention to myself. The purple pony by the name of Twilight sees us, waves with a smile, and starts trotting our way. I smile a bit and wave.

When she arrives, she seems quite happy to see Winter.

”Oh my goodness Winter Bolt! Is that you?? It’s been a while, hasn’t it?” she says with a smile. She then turns to me. “Is this a friend of yours?” she asks.

Winter bowed low and gave Vincent a nudge with his wings as they spread. 

" Greetings Princess Twilight Sparkle. It has been a while since we last met. Well if you count you and your friends watching Comet Tail drag me off yelling hat me for causing the snow pile up.

Color flushed his cheeks as he spoke ill of his father in front of the Princess of Friendship. He wondered how to introduce Vincent. 

" Umm Princess we have a bit of a problem here. Vincent is somepony I just met. He seems to have arrived in Ponyville quite by accident.

Now he was sure he would need to write to his parents. But he needed to get some bits in his saddlebags first. He wondered who was looking for work. The shame overtook him as he was worried about himself when somepony was right here clearly in more need of help then he. 

I try to bow as well, but I fall onto my face again. Twilight helps me up and giggles. I laugh at my own blunder as well.

She speaks. “By accident? I wonder how that could’ve happened.” She turns to me. “Do you know what happened before you arrived.” I respond to her question. “I was working in my office quite late into the night. One of the robots I’d created had a severe malfunction and it attacked me. The next thing I knew I was here. That’s all I know, Princess.”

Twilight nods. “I see... Maybe Celestia can help!”

”Heheh... thanks a lot for helping me out.” I say.

Winters' stomach rumbled and he wondered what to do now. He had gotten Vincent to somepony that could help him so he was not really needed. He wondered if he should just take to the skies and see if he could spot some help wanted signs before he got some food. But he had not eaten at all today and flying was energy intensive. 

" Well, I am glad we found somepony that can help you, Vincent.

Winters words were almost distracted as he felt yet another hunger pang and looked about considering what he needed to do. 

I look to Winter, who was looking a bit worried. “Hey, you can come along. I have a feeling you could use a good friend.” I have the sudden urge to sing... so I sing.

”We go together like rama lama lama ka dinga da dinga dong! Remembered forever as shoo-bop sha wadda wadda yippity boom de boom!”

Twilight just looks at me like I’m insane.

" Well, the first thing I need to do is get something to eat. Aaaand Id love to travel with you but I have to admit I am low on bits so I sorta gotta take an odd job or two before I can do that.

Winters embarrassment was clear as he scuffed the dirt with his hoof.  He really wanted to see how this turned out but having just arrived here and having spent too long traveling he had no funds to sustain himself. 

Despite his parents' riches as well known ponies he himself never had much since he left home. He, in all honesty, had slipped off in the dead of night after a heated argument over his participation in the weather patrol. He knew bringing winter joy was his calling. They wanted him to have the same fame they did and hated how his antics often caused public embarrassment. 

“Here, have this. It’s not much, but it’s better than nothing. Heh.” I take a bag with toast in it and toss it to Winter. “And maybe you could find a job of some sort while we travel if you join. Always gotta keep hope. I learned that the hard way, and I’m gonna show ya how to learn it the easy way, heh.” I put out my hoof. “So, ya joining?”

Winter gratefully ate the toast and considered the last ten bits in his saddle bag. He wondered what they should grab as provisions for travel. They didn't even have a clue where they were heading as Princess Celestia was not exactly stuck in Canterlot. Plus traveling via hoof or rail was a lot slower than flying. 

" I am in I suppose. Though we dont exactly have a firm destination in mind. Plus I am used to flying. So travel by train or hoof is gonna take a while. So we need to get some sort of plan mapped out. Oh and I do need to shoot a letter off to my parents.

“I have a paper map of Equestria in my castle that we can use. It’s not too far from here. Regarding your letter, Spike can send it. Travel is going to be an issue though...” Twilight says, thinking of a quicker method of travel.

”I can run really fast.” I say. “It takes a lot of energy though... Hmm... I wonder...”

Winter Bolt let out a chuckled and shook his head. 

" I am not much for running and I can't fly that well as a ponies running pace. Id end up outpacing you or crashing which is no fun. So unless you can run about this fast.... "

With a woosh, he took off and flew in an arc speeding past Twilight and Vincent in a blur. Turning swiftly on the spot he sped back and landed quivering on the spot from the sudden stop. 

" I think we are better off trying to find some other mode of transport. Flying is pretty much all I do other than odd jobs until winter. Then I help whatever place I am staying at, at the time prepare to kick off or wrap up winter.

He was a bit flushed and clearly giddy from taking to the skies. It was the one place this pony felt at home. But the solo life was lonely and a copy of the friendship journal written by Twilight peaked from his saddlebags. It was well worn betraying Winters heart despite his cheerful demeanor about his travels. 

“Oh really? Sometimes I can run so fast you can’t even see a blur of me. Like I said earlier though, it takes a HUGE amount of energy. I would only be able to sustain that speed for 20 minutes tops. A different way of transportation would likely be necessary.”

Twilight nods. “Maybe we can find other ways in the books of my castle.”

I smile at the idea. “I think that’s a good idea. What do you think, Winter?”