Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

MLPF Welcomes Pony Executive Producer Nicole Dubuc

Jeric
Message added by Jeric

Remember to save your questions for Saturday so that Ms. Dubuc will read them. She will not be answering questions in this thread as there will be a new one. 

Remember no questions on leaks and spoilers 

Understand that she would not be as familiar with the internal creative process for seasons she was not involved in

2 hours ago, Jeric said:

I'm sure we'll get some of the former. "What is your best pony?", seems to be a prerequisite for FiM Q&A's. The troll in me does want to sneak in a MCAT question like this 

II. The end product of that synthesis is formic acid (phenyl formate) not methyl benzoate. :twi:

• Brohoof 1

9 hours ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

So, a question like:

"Were there any specific episodes that helped you decide to become a part of Friendship is Magic?"  is what you're looking for?

That is another great question to ask, yes!

• Brohoof 3

3 hours ago, Sherbert MGS said:

I should be able to make it, it's only at 10pm in my timezone, early, should make it for sure!

Where will the Q&A be?

The thread will start here in the Making Christmas Merrier forum since it is tied to the MCM. 

After the MCM I’ll orobably move it to are AMA forum

31 minutes ago, Theanimationfanatic said:

What about a question like "Did your husband, Brian Hohlfield, have any influence on your decision to join the show or vice versa?"

Sure. The questions I’m mostly concerned with are ones that are over-the-top trollish, cringy, and inappropriate. Best Pony, fav episode, etc are fine, even if they are really generic. 

I’m talking about questions like, “If you woke up next to a Pony in bed, who would it be?” Or “Why has the show gone downhill?” or “Can you put my OC in the show pls?”

• Brohoof 2

17 hours ago, Lord Valtasar said:

that's a fine spectrum, and no, not premade questions, but you can of course have some in mind beforehand, the rule is simple, don't ask for spoilers, and think it a bit before you ask something, we don't wanna scare them away never to return

So no spoilers, no traps, no /pol/, and I need to keep my temper under control for one day. Let's hope she doesn't use buzzwords.

• Brohoof 1

26 minutes ago, Bas said:

It won't hurt to be prepared. Also, if there is a thread with questions, ppl can check out at the end of the AMA (or when they are out of questions) to check if there are any unanswered left.

Full disclosure, I only asked her to commit to about an hour so there will likely be unanswered questions. In our past AMA’s this was the case as well with some individuals. 

Just now, Theanimationfanatic said:

Buzz words? 

Goats get triggered by people who get triggered and don’t use common sense. Also buzzwords 

• Brohoof 2

18 hours ago, Midnight Solace said:

Is it bad that I don't really know her? :twismile:

To be honest, me neither. :P I don't it is necissarily bad.

Though I am not sure if I will be in for this. I do like Q&As and would like to join one, but asking something to someone I don't have a clue about make me feel odd.

8 hours ago, Jeric said:

“Can you put my OC in the show pls?”

"Cirej is Pistachio's rival and fellow Rarity superfan who lives on the farm across the way from Sweet Acorn Orchard..." :-P

6 minutes ago, Bas said:

How did you come up with the design of Cozy Glow as a villain?

You know I remember Big Jim talking about that first question but it would be interesting to her her perspective considering she wrote Cozy's initial characterization.

However:

6 minutes ago, Bas said:

Is it set in stone that the upcoming season will be the last of FiM?

I'd skip on this question as one it's Hasbro's call on an other season not her or DHX and two it's most likely part of her Non-disclosure Agreement from Hasbro to not reveal their plan until they do. It also falls partially into the "leaks" category Jeric asked to avoid.

• Brohoof 2

Interesting stuff. A few of my own include:

When you first joined the show, what was the type of storytelling/tone you tried to establish?

What led to the creative decision to give Spike wings in Molt Down and was this a planned part of his character arc before you came on board FiM?

Which of FiM's main cast members do you find the most difficult to write for and why?

Were the Young/Student Six as a concept based on Hasbro's demands or were they the outcome of the show's creative staff? If so, were there any plans or concepts for the Six that were dropped during the production stage, or did their on-screen forms remain largely unchanged from their conception?

Of the shows you've worked on previously, which would you liken the general storytelling and comedic style of FiM to the most?

What initially influenced you to co-author the Ponyville Mysteries books?

What role does Jim Miller play in production as supervising director? Does he oversee only an episode's visual/storyboarding aspects, or does he have some input on story development as well? 

What role did Meghan McCarthy play in the production of season 8 (after her return from developing the MLP movie)? 

From the perspective of one of the show's lead writers, what is the most unique aspect of writing for FiM as a whole (which facets of its creative landscape do you find cause it to stand out from other series of its genre/demographic)?

Edited by Them's Seeing Ponies
  • Brohoof 1

6 hours ago, Bas said:

How did you get her to this AMA @Jeric ?

I wish that there was some crazy cool story involved here, but no ... I just asked her if she had spare time to do a Q&A to help support the community and the MCM and she said yes. 

• Brohoof 1

So excited to be a part of this Q&A this upcoming Saturday!  For those who don't know yet, watch out for me to post the Q&A thread when the time comes.  We'll be promoting it a ton, especially on Saturday, and trying to get as many people to show up as possible.

• Brohoof 3

On 12/11/2018 at 9:47 AM, Jeric said:

Sure. The questions I’m mostly concerned with are ones that are over-the-top trollish, cringy, and inappropriate. Best Pony, fav episode, etc are fine, even if they are really generic. 

I’m talking about questions like, “If you woke up next to a Pony in bed, who would it be?” Or “Why has the show gone downhill?” or “Can you put my OC in the show pls?”

In other words let's not be a convention panel Q&A. :toldya:

FYI guys, keep these questions in mind because there will be a different thread that is created Saturday that will open when Ms. Dubuc arrives. This topic will be sunk due to the about to explode amount of threads in here. ;)

Just now, Bas said:

Sunk = ?

Will this topic still be here to check up for our questions we had in mind?

No and the reason should be obvious. Save them now. Or trust you memory. 

• Brohoof 1