Bendy

Is Princess Twilight big enough?

Recommended Posts

Is Princess Twilight Sparkle big enough?

I don't think so, she's not a true pony princess until she becomes a big mama horse like Princess Celestia.

What are your thoughts? 

Edited by Bendy
  • Brohoof 1
  • ... 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Bendy said:

Is Princess Twilight Sparkle big enough?

I don't think so, she's not a true pony princess until she becomes a big mama horse like Princess Celestia.

What are your thoughts? 

Where does Cadence fall on that scale then? She isn't as horse-like as the sisters, but in flashbacks as Twi's foalsitter, she looks a lot more like Twi is now...

Come to think of it, the reduced form of Luna at the end of S01E02, vs the current form....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't alicorns grow as they age which is parrell to their overall magical power? Since she is an ageless imortal, she will just grow as time passes.

  • Brohoof 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, CypherHoof said:

Where does Cadence fall on that scale then? She isn't as horse-like as the sisters, but in flashbacks as Twi's foalsitter, she looks a lot more like Twi is now...

Come to think of it, the reduced form of Luna at the end of S01E02, vs the current form....

I know it was a character redesign but I like to think that what we saw at the end of episode 2 was how she looked right before she became Nightmare Moon and what we see now is 1,000 years catching up with her to look more mature. 

  • Brohoof 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

She seems big enough to me for an alicorn and it does make her easy to animate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If I'm not mistaken, Twilight has actually grown physically over the series.

But I don't think size should matter. Maybe she's not quite a "real" princess because her realm is more abstract that that of the Royal Sisters or even Cadence, and doesn't seem to have any formal, regular political duties. But she's a princess enough, otherwise what's that huge crystal castle for?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

2 minutes ago, OptimisticNeighsayer said:

But I don't think size should matter.

Teemo_0.jpgSize doesn't mean everything!

 

  • Brohoof 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't want her to be big as Celestia... she'll look totally different.

  • Brohoof 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, OptimisticNeighsayer said:

If I'm not mistaken, Twilight has actually grown physically over the series.

But I don't think size should matter. Maybe she's not quite a "real" princess because her realm is more abstract that that of the Royal Sisters or even Cadence, and doesn't seem to have any formal, regular political duties. But she's a princess enough, otherwise what's that huge crystal castle for?

What if Princess is actually a title for a type of spiritual mastery, rather than denoting being a ruler, and leadership is actually still something chosen via a mandate of the populous? (Cadence might be an exception because the Empire is technically an occupied territory as a result of losing the war)

  • Brohoof 1
  • Muffin? 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alicorns grow as they age, hence why Celestia and Luna are so big, but Twilight hasn't been an alicorn for that long. So it stands to reason that she wouldn't have grown much yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, BornAgainBrony said:

What if Princess is actually a title for a type of spiritual mastery, rather than denoting being a ruler, and leadership is actually still something chosen via a mandate of the populous? (Cadence might be an exception because the Empire is technically an occupied territory as a result of losing the war)

That would explain why Twilight doesn't actually have much political power.

Is the war loss something from the comics? I've always wondered why Cadence was just automatically installed as leader after the 1000 year slumber.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

45 minutes ago, OptimisticNeighsayer said:

That would explain why Twilight doesn't actually have much political power.

Is the war loss something from the comics? I've always wondered why Cadence was just automatically installed as leader after the 1000 year slumber.

The Empire under Sombra was defeated by Celestia and Luna 1000 moons back. Only shown in a flashback, but I think the comics went deeper into it. Sombra puts himself and the Empire into stasis as a last ditch effort to escape the inevitable, eventually leading to the present with the mad search for the crystal heart to finish him off.

  • Muffin? 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Join the herd!

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.