Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Society's Views on Bronies

CarlAzuz

OK, so help me out guys. If calling people Bronies, is insensitive, my  bad. I have a Sociology project on SubCultures and CounterCultures. I need to know how Mainstream society has viewed or treated Bronies. If anyone would like to share an experience or thoughts, I'd be thankful.

No, "bronies" isn't offensive or insensitive or anything. It's a name we chose for ourselves.

In the past, society in general treated bronies like a curiosity. There are these teenaged and older guys watching this new reboot of a little girls' cartoon, y'know?

Then it blew up. Bronies became a big thing. And, as such, the fandom was somewhat more reviled because you couldn't go five seconds without hearing something about them (although, personally, I hadn't heard of them up until 2013, when I first watched the show, specifically Equestria Girls).

Nowadays, we're still around, but we're like Trekkies: they don't make a lot of noise, but you know they're there.

Overall, society's treated us pretty well.

In my opinion, the only people who treated Bronies bad are the people that WANTED to hate us with passion.

I join the bronies in 2015, but before that, I never really heard about them, only with a few pictures, but maybe because I wasn't into any fandom.

Today, it's just like Arkadios said above:

7 minutes ago, Arkadios said:

Nowadays, we're still around, but we're like Trekkies: they don't make a lot of noise, but you know they're there.

• 4 months later...

Some people are just too quick to judge, and don’t take the time to get to know and understand bronies and the brony community for how it really is. 

Edited by Lucky Bolt