heavens-champion

Were the Dazzlings just a plot device?

Were the Dazzlings just a plot device? Is that why they haven't shown up again (not counting their appearance in a flashback in Shadow Play)?

Badges

Maybe the writers feel that they don't have anything else for the Dazzlings to do now that they've lost their powers.

Isn't every character technically a plot device, since their purpose is to move the plot along? :dash:

But yeah, it would be nice to see them return some day. I'm curious as to what they're up to now.

3 minutes ago, Midnight Solace said:

The show does has a habit of throwing villains away...

Yeah, especially if they don't get reformed. At least we saw Tirek again in Season 8, and Chrysalis is still on the loose...

Edited by shyabetes3939

Sometimes I am thinking that they are dead or something. Twilight and the others killed them off when they destroyed their gems

The current atmosphere is dripping with potential for them to return so them not returning would be a waste. Plus Ishi Rudell has said he misses them and would love to bring them back.

Just because someone doesn't return doesn't mean that they are nothing more than a plot device. (technically, every character is a plot device, but I assume that's not what you meant.) I like the dazzlings and the dazzlings were good villains but I don't want them to return. It's better that way.

Edited by Sepul-Coloratura

Badges

I maintain that there was an awesome opportunity to have the Dazzlings show up for a moment living in the woods in LoE.

They might come back. They’re good enough characters where they don’t need their powers to be awesome.

On 12/11/2018 at 10:38 PM, R.D.Dash said:

Sometimes I am thinking that they are dead or something. Twilight and the others killed them off when they destroyed their gems

They didn't die when their gems were destroyed; they were just made into harmless, powerless teenage girls who lost their ability to corrupt people with their singing

Edited by Will Guide

Just now, Bas said:

They are not gems that get broken if their gemstones shatter?

I know the villains got defeated, and won't be able to cause much trouble anymore.