Skycoaster

[Canterlot] Winter in Canterlot

Winter in Canterlot

OOC

Midnight Oil

Midnight Oil yawned as he waited outside Princess Luna's chambers. The bat pony wore a dark winter cloak over his armor that the princess had requested. To be honest, he was a bit confused as to why Luna had requested the Lunar Guard to begin earlier then normal this evening, but he did not dare question the princess's orders. He was just anxious to get started at whatever task or event Luna had planned. Beside him sat a box that Luna Requested.

. post-1908-0-71650300-1401605331_thumb.png

Princess Luna roamed about her chambers nervously. Tonight was the first night of winter, and as such, the begging of longer nights throughout Equestria. She would check and double check the paperwork that was left on her desk before slowly walking over to her balcony window. Using her magic, the doors would slowly open to reveal a faint dusting of freshly fallen snow. The alicorn would grin as memories flooded back to her of her foalhood and the snowball fights she would have...building snow ponies...all those many years ago. A gust of winter air would snap her out of the daze as she remembered the reason for coming to the balcony. With a glow of her horn, the moon would begin to rise on the horizon. With a smirk, she would close the door and make her way out to the hallway where her guard waited.

As the door began to open, Midnight sprang to attention. "Good evening Midnight." Luna would open the box beside the guard and levitate a cloak out of it for herself. Draping it around herself, she would begin to walk down the hallway. "Come along Midnight. We must find my sister. Bring the box with you." With a nod, the bat pony would place the box on his back and followed Luna to wherever she was going within Canterlot Castle to find Celestia.

• Brohoof 1

rWUdzLw.png

Applejack stepped out into the lightly falling snow and a shiver went up her spine. Despite her winter jacket and the scarf wrapped snugly around her neck, the first sudden shock of the outside air hit her immediately after leaving the warmth of the shop. She had spent a couple days in Canterlot already, overseeing the last deliveries of her farm's apples to their clients in the capital to take them through the winter. Now she was taking advantage of being here one more night to do a little Hearth's Warming shopping. Her saddlebag firmly strapped to her middle, she began to trot down the street, when she paused, looking out over one of the city's terraces to watch as the brilliant, silver moon rose slowly from behind the horizon.

So early? she thought to herself, but she soon thought better. Of course, it was the first night of Winter, the longest night of the year, so naturally the moon would be up now. Sighing deeply, gazing over the valleys below, she said to herself, "Well, guess that's it. Another year is all but over." It was always a bittersweet moment for her. She could look back on a year's worth of accomplishments, sure, but there was a definite finality to her work each year, dictated by the seasons, leaving her longing for the warmer days of Spring when she could get back into her orchard and begin anew.

Applejack took another deep breath, shaking herself back to the present. There was still much about Winter to look forward to, of course. The holidays, the time spent with family and friends, and this beautiful evening to start it off with.

aBc1TMz.png

Red Cedar stepped out of his hotel and smiled. It was a pretty night, with just a touch of snow falling, the likes of which he rarely saw in Vanhoover. Still, it was a nice change from his home city's constant Winter downpours of frigid rain. With a dark green toque and scarf, and a thick black saddle blanket draped over his back and tied securely under his torso, he began to trot through the city streets, taking in the sights and sounds and smells. While the big city wasn't always his first choice to travel to, he had to admit it had its charms this close to Winter and Hearth's Warming, his favourite time of the year. Besides, camping in the snow meant a whole extra level of preparation, and after a year spent working in the forests had come to an end due to the change in season, a little restful trip was inviting before going back to plant and tend seedlings in the greenhouses after the holidays.

As he rounded a corner, his eyes widened. The plaza before him was bathed in subdued light, so that it seemed the streets and buildings themselves glowed. Peering over his shoulder, he watched as the moon slowly rose into view, between the mountains beyond and the clouds from which the snow drifted down gently. "Wow," he said to nopony in particular. "Beautiful."

Edited by Red Cedar
  • Brohoof 2

post-1908-0-71650300-1401605331_thumb.png

Princess Luna meandered the halls of Canterlot Castle in search of her sister, her loyal guard following closely behind. As they approach Celestia’s chambers Luna sighed in disappointment. “Perhaps unexpected business has kept my sister occupied....or perhaps she turned in early after a hard day....”

With a sigh and a flick of her hood, Luna would seem to perk up. “Leave the box Midnight. We shall not let this one inconvenience affect our evening out about our subjects. If my sister doth decide to join our venture, she may catch up with us.”

With a nod, the bat pony sat the box with an extra cloak in front of Celestia’s door. “Come along Midnight,” Luna would say as they made their way to the front door of Canterlot Castle. Exiting, a white dusting welcomed the princess and her guard as she made her way into the streets of Canterlot to greet her subjects.

• Brohoof 1

aBc1TMz.png

Red was becoming ever more distracted as he wandered through the promenades of Canterlot, looking over his shoulder often at the trees dusted with white snow, bringing out the detail of every branch even in the pale moonlight. Unfortunately for him, his distractions caught up with him as his shoulder slammed against something quite hard.

"Ow!" he exclaimed, then stepped back in surprise as, far from being a streetlamp, he realized he had bumped into the armour-hardened shoulder of a guardpony. "Sorry, I didn't mean to..."

Red's voice caught in his throat. This was no mere patrolling guard. Taking another step back in surprise, he quickly lowered on his front knees. "Princess Luna! My apologies!" he said quickly to the snow.

rWUdzLw.png

Still gazing out over the valley from her vantage point on the balcony, Applejack's ear twitched as she heard some sort of commotion behind her, turning around to see what was going on.

Edited by Red Cedar
  • Brohoof 2

@Red Cedar

Midnight's eyes would narrow as he glared at the copper coated stallion. As he opened his mouth to speak, Princess Luna would extend a hoof forward to the now bowing stallion. "Greeting my subject. No harm was done, and I believe that I bump may have hurt you more than I." Luna could not help but chuckle under her breath, for when she planned on bumping into her subjects, she did not mean literally. Looking over to her guard, she would nod ever so slightly to signal him that all was fine as he returned to position.

"I apologize for Midnight's stern behavior, however one can not be too careful in Equestria now of day." Looking down to the snow herself, she would attempt to hide a smirk. "I see thou art enjoying the snow as well....and the longer winter nights as well I hope."

"I do not mean to seem rude, but what is thy name subject? I feel that we have met before, however with such a large kingdom and so many ponies, I occasionally find it difficult to put a name to face when not in the ream of dreams."

• Brohoof 1

sig-4837785.sig-4806427.sig-4802862.sig-

Applejack wasn't the only visitor from Ponyville on this night. Anypony who noticed the curious trail of prints could follow them to find a just-as-curious pink Earth Pony bouncing along. Even with the moon raised up, Pinkie Pie was still full of boundless energy. Then again, she had been partaking in particularly sugary Hearth's Warming-themed sweets such as gingerbread houses and Pony-shaped cookies all day. They didn't come close to the Cakes in terms of taste, in her opinion, but they were still pretty darn close! Of course she didn't let any of the Canterlot bakers know that; rather, she wouldn't let too many syllables get out before filling her mouth again, with her own hoof.

And so on she bounced, dressed in her favourite puffy coat, winter boots and hat, humming a tune to herself and no doubt becoming a hazard to anypony not paying attention. And perhaps to a few who were.

Edited by Unicorncob
  • Brohoof 2

The snow outside had most certainly been welcome, as it lent the idea of winter fun and cheer to all who happened to be involved.  It was difficult for anypony to have hard feelings during such a time, and the pallid and chilly snowbanks became a winter wonderland that brought fun and enjoyment to any who would be willing to make time to enjoy them...

1527672644_DiscordRPPlate.jpg.b89becd93478a1aed763de537f60b21e.jpg

... especially draconequui.

The Lord of Chaos himself was busily having his own brand of fun; having made a number of snowponies, he had brought them to life with a single >snap<, and was now the General of what was shaping up to be a real ring-ding of a snowball fight!  He wore a helmet, a dapper uniform jacket decorated with many, many medals, and a bright red scarf around his long neck, topped off with a pair of goggles with reflective lenses.

The fortress on the left side was staffed by what appeared to be Royal Guard ponies, all winging spheres of white powder towards the other side, firing off in neat, organized rows at the command of a snow-Shining Armor, who ordered their shots by pointing a snowy hoof towards the enemy.  Between each barrage, there were a number of other snowpones behind them who were busily making replacement ammunition while the other guards, standing in rows, waited for the next visual cue to throw.

On the other side, there were seven ponies that were shaped suspiciously like a certain six-plus-one, and all of them were lobbing snowballs as their real-life counterparts would - an icy pegasus was winging them like they were rocks, another was bucking shots across the way, yet another was rapid-fire launching a barrage with a broad smile, while a unicorn was carefully crafting one at a time, then magically hefting it at the other side... but without much force or interest.  There was an alicorn atop the bunker, pointing with a riding crop and a small snow-dragon making and tossing them at her command, and next to Discord himself was yet another pegasus, hiding behind the military-clad draconequus but still flinging an occasional snowball from her hiding place; you could almost hear the 'eep' whenever one landed near her, making her cower behind him a little further.  The last snow-unicorn was busily moving from snowpone to snowpone, restocking snow between frequent trips to seemingly 'check in' with the alicorn.

Discord was quite pleased with himself; he was having quite a bit of fun, all things considered... though, honestly, he truly wished he had a REAL pony to keep him company.  Granted, they could be a bit stuffy, but still... winter fun was winter fun, but as Fluttershy had taught him, fun shared was almost always MORE fun.

Even if it was unexpected... oh, who was he kidding?  ESPECIALLY when it was unexpected!

On 1/15/2019 at 5:22 PM, Red Cedar said:

"Princess Luna! My apologies!"

Lulu is here?  Oh, this just became a possibility for FAR more fun than this!

On 1/17/2019 at 4:16 AM, Skycoaster said:

"Greeting my subject. No harm was done, and I believe that I bump may have hurt you more than I."

Ho ho HO... she IS!  Maybe I should remand my troops here to begin firing on...

Discord stopped his thoughts dead cold as he looked down, seeing the snow-Fluttershy behind him... and he could almost hear her voice in his head.

You know, Discord... making friends doesn't mean you always have to be so... well, uhm... 'forward' with your particular style; sometimes, it's better to let others show you - by example - how to be a good friend.

He thought for a moment, then sighed.  Patting the head of the snow-pegasus, he then gave the scarf another flip around his neck, and began to float his way towards the sound of the voices he'd heard.

Very well, my dear, sweet Fluttershy... let's see if 'being friendly' is really all you claim it to be, shall we?  At least... as long as my patience holds out, hmmm?

• Brohoof 3

Badges

aBc1TMz.png

Gradually, Red relaxed when it seemed there had been no harm done, and he stood upright again slowly. Still rather in awe, however, he stammered a little as he explained, "Uhm, yes, Your Highness, it's a lovely evening. My name is Red Cedar, though, I don't believe we've met before." Certainly, Red would have felt that he'd have remembered if he had encountered the Princess before, but unless that was in a dream long forgotten, he couldn't think of it.

rWUdzLw.png

Applejack couldn't quite put her hoof on it, but something about the group of ponies she had been watching having a large snowball fight in the next courtyard seemed mighty familiar. Tearing herself away from the spectacle, however, she made her way over to where she had seen Princess Luna touring the city, and at the moment seemingly intimidating another Earth Pony. As she approached to within earshot, and hoping not to interrupt, she bowed deeply.

"'Evening, Your Highness,"  she said. "Lovely moonrise tonight."

• Brohoof 3

img-3006671-1-2s7dhg7.jpg

(I really need to update this, get a header that is a lot more interesting)

Princess Celestia had found herself running a bit later on her schedule then normal for her, especially since the mare was normally able to get things finished a bit early so as to be able to enough this time of the year more personally. The alicorn feels herself having to stifle a yawn, not yet wanting to head in as she hoped to meet up with her sister Luna. By her side was two guards as she made the princess made her way to her bedchambers to freshen up, allowing her to see the gift left for her. Intrigued, she will levitate it with her magic to take a closer look.

As she does, one of her guards will glance towards Princess Celestia and the gift by her doors. This being a pegasi by the name of Golden Dawn, having been in Her Majesty's service for a couple of years now, if memory served. Yet, as was expected, not a word would come from his mouth as he and the other guard waited for instruction. Generally, it would around this time that he would be getting off shift, though the Princess' schedule had taken later in the evening to finish though if the stallion was to be honest, he didn't mind staying longer.

Edited by EquestrianScholar
  • Brohoof 1
  • derpcup 1

@Red Cedar

“I see,” she would say looking the earth pony over. “Red Cedar. That name is not one that is familiar to me. I decern that thou art not from this region of Equestria, correct?” 

It was at this time that she would hear a familiar voice. The alicorn would turn to see that it was indeed whom she though. “Good evening fair Applejack. You need not address me in such a formal manner, for you are a friend Twilight Sparkle, which intern, makes you my friend as well. Please just call me Luna. I trust that you are enjoying the snow as well as the brightest moon of the year.”

Looking around to all that where present, the princess would smile. “I hope that the early evening has not inconvenienced anypony. ‘Tis my was of showing the beauty of the night.” Luna would extend a hoof proudly towards the full winter moon. “All that has transpired this event has been done by my design. From the planing of the gentle snow to the angle of the moon to shimmer off of the winter wonderland below.” 

• Brohoof 1

img-3006671-1-2s7dhg7.jpg

@Skycoaster

Resisting the urge to open it just yet, at least wishing to wait until Luna was there to watch her open it, Celestia will enter her bedchambers to do what she had intended, as well grabbing a red bag with a number of gifts. One not only for her sister, but for others if she had a chance of meeting them this evening. Plus, a few extra, just in case as the princess was always prepared and loved to give during this time of year. She will remove to gifts, levitating them with her magic as she exits her room.

Looking to her guards with a smile, she will say, "Steady Heart, Golden Dawn, I have a gift for each of you. Too help you both stay warm this Hearth's Warming season," Offering the gifts to them, the princess with gesture for her guards to open them, revealing scarfs that were hoof made based on what Celestia had come to know about them. Having similar presents in mind that she'd give out to the guards throughout the mouth. For Steady, it was a warm colored cloth with the silhouettes of the stallion's and his family's cutiemarks. For Golden, it was the wool was the color of his eyes, with markings of flames and that of a rising sun coming over the horizon.

Once this was done, with the guards offering their thanks, Celestia will look to Steady saying, "I'm sure you wish to spend time with your family, you may go." Before looking to Golden and requesting, "If it is not too much trouble, would you stay on for a little longer and accompany so as to find my sister?" Asking this because she knew his family was all the way back in Hollow Shades, though if the pegasi had plans she would find another.

Having considered this request being made, Golden was ready for it as he offers a small bow saying, "I'd be honored to stay by your side longer Your Highness, if you have need of me." The stallion both curious and excited, as he had heard among the guards when Celestia has one among her guards accompany her in less formal setting. Allowing the guards to see another side of the princess during such times. That, and while he would never admit it, the pegasi never really grow tired of being in the alicorn's presence.

With such, Celestia and her guard will go seeking her sister. It hopefully not taking long, helped by the fact that both she and Golden could fly. This being a big reason why she had requested the stallion come with her on this little adventure, both having the mobility of possessing wings.

Edited by EquestrianScholar
  • Brohoof 1

Rounding a corner, Pinkie halted in midair as, amongst the quiet of the calm streets, she heard familiar voices. She flopped down on her hooves and let out a squee as she bounced ahead.

Sure enough, the familiar voices belonged to just the Alicorn princess and Earth Pony she thought they did. She never forgot a thing about her closest friends; she had a special party planning cave all about remembering little details but shhhhhh, don't tell anypony!

She bounced ahead, landing amongst the conversation with a particularly rough thud, sending snow this way and that. "Hiya, AJ! Hiya, Luna!" she chirped with a wave of her hoof, then regarded the stallion amongst them. She'd never seen him before, no sirree. "Hiya, newguywhoIdunnothenameofbutIusuallyfindoutiftheyaskwhattheirnameis!"

@Skycoaster @Red Cedar

• Brohoof 1

Copper Strikes

It was rather surprising for Copper to hear some activity within Canterlot as well, with the ponies he knew and didn't.  With that said, though, the Earth Pony headed out of the hotel he was at and take in nature's beauty.  He was wearing a scarf around his neck, a pair of earmuffs to keep his ears cozy, and some wool socks to keep his legs and hooves warm for this occasion.  He trotted over to the small area where the ponies have gathered and joined in the conversation.

@Unicorncob @EquestrianScholar @Skycoaster and @Red Cedar

"Hello, everypony," he said to the five there.  "For those who don't know me, my name is Copper Strikes.  This is a very nice day to be out and about in the snow, yes?"

aBc1TMz.png

Red could only imagine that in a city largely populated by unicorns, an Earth Pony like himself would stand out. Of course, it could also have been his accent. "I'm from Vanhoover, Your Highness, here on holiday." he explained, "And thank you for the evening, it is beautiful." He glanced aside orange Earth Pony mare who seemed a lot more comfortable around the Princess approached. Red thought for a moment that she looked familiar, until his thoughts were interrupted by a blur of pink greeting him with, "Hiya, newguywhoIdunnothenameofbutIusuallyfindoutiftheyaskwhattheirnameis!"

Finally wrapping his head around that verbal blur, he smiled, and said, "Hi. Red Cedar's my name."

rWUdzLw.png

Try as she might, Applejack couldn't quite bring herself to be so informal with royalty as to just call them by their name. It just didn't seem right. "It's no inconvenience at all, Ma'am." she said cheerfully. "Downright pretty."

Applejack thought she would have been used to Pinkie's sudden arrivals anywhere, but not when it was in a different city. At first, Applejack thought she'd been found out, but then she remembered, Pinkie's Hearth's Warming gift was safely stashed in her saddlebag out of sight, so, no need to worry. Pinkie wasn't that psychic, was she?

"Hi, Pinkie. What brings you here?" she called cheerfully, and then again as another familiar face arrived. "Howdy, Copper. Ain't seen you since Dodge Junction. How y'all been?"

• Brohoof 1

Luna nodded to Cedar as he spoke. “I see. I myself have yet to be out as far west in Equestria as Vanhoover, though I am sure my sister has. Perhaps some day I shall make my way there, and perhaps, if thou art not busy, you can be our tour guide. Myself and my guards would honored to have one so versed in the city accompany us.”

Quickly, the alicorn would find herself being distracted by a bubbly pink mare. “Greetings Pinkie Pie,” Luna would say with a smile.What brings you to Canterlot on this first evening of winter?”

Meanwhile, Midnight was relieved that Red Cedar had drawn the attention of the pink mare. Stories of her antics had  circulated throughout the Royal Guards. He kept cloak’s hood up, hoping she did not notice the armored bat pony.

Another pony would join the seemingly ever growing group of ponies before the princess. “Greetings, Copper correct? I trust that you are enjoying this snowy evening?” 

• Brohoof 1

"Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeell," Pinkie began, and drew a deep breath, which was known to strike terror in the hearts (or ears) of some ponies, "winter just started which means Hearth's Warming's on its way so my brain was like 'Why don't we make some special Hearth's Warming treats?' and I was all 'Oooh good idea brain!' but then my brain was like 'One little problem I don't know what to do for treats' and I was all 'Oh darn me neither' and my brain was all 'Why don't we go to Canterlot and get some inspiration' and I was like 'Oooh another good idea!' so I came here to try out some cookie ponies and gingerbread houses and candy canes and cakes and stuff and my brain was all 'I got something!' and I was all 'Me too!' so I was just gonna head home but then I heard all of you talkin' so I thought I'd come and hang out and say hello!"

It was no surprise to some that all of that had been said in one breath at almost hyperspeed. She found herself thinking for a moment that all of that would be easier to read than to listen to, but she wasn't sure where the thought came from.

She beamed when she spotted Copper approaching next. "Hiya other new pony!"

Behind Luna, she spotted a hooded pony fidgeting, and leaned over with a terrifyingly friendly grin.

@Skycoaster @Red Cedar @DwhitetheGamer

• Brohoof 2

1869725289_DiscordRPPlate.jpg.a20a2d66a8bd87669a2dc4bf29499717.jpg

And what to my wandering eyes should appear..?

On 1/25/2019 at 5:14 PM, Red Cedar said:

"Uhm, yes, Your Highness, it's a lovely evening. My name is Red Cedar, though, I don't believe we've met before."

Hmmmmm... first I've heard of this one...

On 1/25/2019 at 5:14 PM, Red Cedar said:

"'Evening, Your Highness.  Lovely moonrise tonight."

Ha-HAAA!  I know THAT voice well enough... y'all!

On 1/26/2019 at 9:22 PM, Skycoaster said:

“I hope that the early evening has not inconvenienced anypony. ‘Tis my was of showing the beauty of the night.”

And does not the BEAST always follow a beauty?

On 1/26/2019 at 11:47 PM, Unicorncob said:

"Hiya, AJ! Hiya, Luna!  Hiya, newguywhoIdunnothenameofbutIusuallyfindoutiftheyaskwhattheirnameis!"

OOOH!  The Pinkster is in attendance as well?  This just keeps getting better and better..!

On 1/27/2019 at 10:19 AM, DwhitetheGamer said:

"Hello, everypony - for those who don't know me, my name is Copper Strikes.  This is a very nice day to be out and about in the snow, yes?"

And yet another player on the field!  SPLENDID!

Though he sincerely was trying his best to keep a lid on his mischief-making, he was still internally (and a bit EXternally) squirming with the possibilities presented here.  SO many ponies, SO much potential chaos, SO much-...

No.

Discord shut his eyes, took a deep breath, and calmed himself... at least, that's what he appeared to do, at any rate.

No... Fluttershy IS right, of course; if I truly WANT more friends, I suppose I have to... to... ACT... like one.  And though it seems like such a waste of good, clean fun... 

He shrugged his shoulders to no one other than himself.

... perhaps, by sacrificing the usual 'fun' I invest in... perhaps there's a chance for even more fun here, enjoying the camaraderie instead of the calamity?

He did let a spot of a mischievous grin pop up for a second.  Of course, one can always lead to the other...

A single little cloud floated down from the sky and began to shimmer and shake until it let out an adorable little pop of thunder, then it began to snow PROFUSELY into a single spot on the sidewalk until there was a large pile.  The snow then arranged itself into a snow-draconequus wearing a battered old top hat, a scarf and with a big carrot for his jutting fang.  The snow Discord was complete, and it looked so VERY realistic...

The face wore one of ol' Discy's trademark grins, and the detail on the muzzle and body was uncanny.  Nevertheless, it simply sat there & waited for anypony to notice it.

• Brohoof 2

Badges

@Red Cedar

"Ah, howdy, Applejack!" Copper cheered enthusiastically as he noticed his friend.  "I've been good, lately.  Been doing my thing in my hometown in Appaloosa as well."

@Unicorncob

At that moment he turned to face Pinkie, who seemed to have been speaking really fast.  There wasn't much he could make out from how fast she talked, but he was here to have fun, so he shrugged it off.  "Hey, Pink Pony!  I'm ready to have some fun as well."

@Skycoaster @EquestrianScholar

Then he turned his attention to the Princesses of the Night and Sun.  He had to take some deep breaths because seeing a Princess was one thing, but the one who could control the Moon and Sun?  That was another ordeal.  "Greetings, your highnesses." he bowed respectfully at them.

@Randimaxis

And now he turned his attention to the large, slim creature, or at least that's what he thought.  "Uh..." he tilted his head in confusion.  "Who the hay is this guy?"  He casually trotted over to the supposed being and took a look.

• Brohoof 1

aBc1TMz.png

Red's voice caught in his throat again. Was he actually just asked to be a tour guide for a Princess? Red swallowed hard to recover. "Uhm, of course, Your Highness, I'd be honoured." he replied. His mind began to race about as quickly as the pink Earth Pony spoke as he started thinking about the possible sights of his home to show the Princess.

rWUdzLw.png

Applejack braced her ears for the verbal storm she knew was coming, and sure enough, it was a level of information that was amazing to process from one pony's voice. After Pinkie's explanation, though, she nodded.  "Yeah, Canterlot's great for holiday ideas, that's for sure!" she agreed, then turned to Copper again. "Nice. All set for Hearth's Warming? Bet it looks lovely and homey there this time of year."

As Copper looked over to a snow figure off to the side of the plaza, she raised her eyebrow. "Uh... wow... someone actually made a Snowdiscord?" That was easily the fourth weirdest thing she'd ever seen.

• Brohoof 1

Midnight turned his head to to catch a glance of the pink mare now seemingly looking into his soul...or at least it felt that way to the bat pony. He would turn his head as to not make eye contact with her. He was on duty and had a job to do. Distractions could not happen. Not today when he was responsible for his Princess's safety.

Luna would smile at Red Cedar. "I shall make sure to give you notice of my arrival in Vanhoover as to not catch thee off guard and allow you time to prepare a proper itinerary." Looking around to the group, her grin would grow. "If it would not inconvenience thee, perhaps Applejack and Pinkie Pie would enjoy the trip as well?" Her voice showed a hint of hesitation as she did not want to commit them on a trip that may interrupt their busy lives.

As the alicorn princess heard the name mentioned of a particular Draconequus, her eyebrow would raise in inquisition. Narrowing her eyes, she would look over this 'SnowCord' from a distance. It was too well made and almost impossible to have been made so quickly. It was just the kind of subtly he was known for. "Discord, I know that you are here. If you wished to join are small gathering, all thou has to do is ask...." As soon as those words left her muzzle, she sighed not knowing what types of shenanigans she may have just summoned. "Midnight, be ready. I do not believe you have had the pleasure of dealing with him unlike my sisters guard."

On 2/12/2019 at 9:19 PM, DwhitetheGamer said:

"Uh... who the hay is this guy?" 

71566534_DiscordRPPlate.jpg.7fef7dc45b9406b116581405251d860d.jpg

Whaaaaaaat?  Somepony who hasn't heard of me?  Really!?

... well, this is unprecedented!  A chance to introduce myself in a completely new way - OOH!  I could practice some of Fluttershy's tips on how to make a GOOD impression!  I figure, maybe a magic trick or two, a few jokes, then... wait, don't tell me... OH!  ASK ABOUT THEM!  Yes, THAT'S a start!  I mean, no, it's not going to be fun, maybe, but STILL!!!

On 2/15/2019 at 11:55 AM, Red Cedar said:

"Uh... wow... someone actually made a Snowdiscord?"

Oh, Applejack - so very HONEST and blah, blah, blah...

... still...

... admittedly, she's always been one to deal with me like a problem waiting to happen, but maybe - who knows?  With an opportunity to show what I've learned, how I've changed & grown and what I could be like IF I was given a chance?  If SHE sees me putting in an HONEST effort (clever pun, me - why, thank me very much - I'm quite welcome), then perhaps even HER grudge-growling might take a turn in another direction??? 

On 2/16/2019 at 1:52 AM, Skycoaster said:

"Discord, I know that you are here. If you wished to join are small gathering, all thou has to do is ask...."

The snowconequus blinked, then frowned and stuck out a leaf-tongue from his snowmouth before snapping his claw and, in a whirlwind of snowflakes, he gained substance and color, seeming to come to life.  Heh, I guess there must've been some magic in that old silk hat he'd found...

Randi, you're getting off-topic; leave the fourth wall breaking to me.

Oh!  Sorry.

Quite alright - do continue.

Thank you.

Discord flashed a winning smile at the gathered ponies, and bowed low and kindly, ready to pop up with a fine greeting, a kind manner, and not a single bit of misbehavior on his mind.

However, while he was still bowing:

On 2/16/2019 at 1:52 AM, Skycoaster said:

"Midnight, be ready. I do not believe you have had the pleasure of dealing with him unlike my sisters guard."

... so that's how it STILL is, is it?

As.  You.  Wish.

Princess.

Discord's smile grew just a tiny bit wider, a bit smoother, as he stood up.

No.  No.  There would be difficult moments - she said there would be difficult moments - but I have. To. TRY.

"A fine and pleasant snowdrift we're having, eh?  It's so very good, even someone such as myself can't remain indoors... unless I turn my house inside out, of course, but that's FAR too much work on a day like today!"

He motioned to the spectacle of the snow wars going on behind them, a sweeping claw displaying the snowmageddon as it continued to unfurl.

"Care to perhaps pick a side?  Or maybe challenge them both?  Or..."

No.  Noooooooooo... no.  She wants you to be NICE.  TRY to be NICE.

... rrrrrrRRRRRRrrrrrrgh.

He bit back the almost overpowering desire to throw a verbal dart, feeling that Luna herself had little room to speak when it came to being accepted and trusted... but no, NO, no no no no. 

NO.

"... perhaps you have a different idea?"

He KNEW the indigo alicorn wasn't going to make this easy for him, and he expected the same from Applejack, of course...

"Oh, if so, DO tell - I'm ALL ears."

He leaned toward the Night Princess, his entire head becoming a gigantic ear.  His horns were still present, but they had sprouted ears like they were hanging fruit. His feet were large earlobes, and each scale on his body seemed to have become subtly ear-shaped.  He motioned with his claw (with ears at the tip of each digit) and deep inside the ear canal, a single yellow eye opened, red pupil staring right at her.

• Brohoof 1

Badges

On 2/13/2019 at 2:19 AM, DwhitetheGamer said:

At that moment he turned to face Pinkie, who seemed to have been speaking really fast.  There wasn't much he could make out from how fast she talked, but he was here to have fun, so he shrugged it off.  "Hey, Pink Pony!  I'm ready to have some fun as well."

"Now that's what I like to hear!" Pinkie chirped, bouncing in place and wrapping her foreleg - Or is that arm? Front leg? Iunno. - around the stallion. "Hearth's Warming is fun time, and fun time without fun is just time! And what good is time if you can't have fun with it!"

On 2/16/2019 at 6:52 AM, Skycoaster said:

Midnight turned his head to to catch a glance of the pink mare now seemingly looking into his soul...or at least it felt that way to the bat pony. He would turn his head as to not make eye contact with her. He was on duty and had a job to do. Distractions could not happen. Not today when he was responsible for his Princess's safety.

Luna would smile at Red Cedar. "I shall make sure to give you notice of my arrival in Vanhoover as to not catch thee off guard and allow you time to prepare a proper itinerary." Looking around to the group, her grin would grow. "If it would not inconvenience thee, perhaps Applejack and Pinkie Pie would enjoy the trip as well?" Her voice showed a hint of hesitation as she did not want to commit them on a trip that may interrupt their busy lives.

As the alicorn princess heard the name mentioned of a particular Draconequus, her eyebrow would raise in inquisition. Narrowing her eyes, she would look over this 'SnowCord' from a distance. It was too well made and almost impossible to have been made so quickly. It was just the kind of subtly he was known for. "Discord, I know that you are here. If you wished to join are small gathering, all thou has to do is ask...." As soon as those words left her muzzle, she sighed not knowing what types of shenanigans she may have just summoned. "Midnight, be ready. I do not believe you have had the pleasure of dealing with him unlike my sisters guard."

Pinkie looked back over to Midnight and leaned over, waving her hoof in his general direction. "Hellooooooo? Equestria to ponyyyyyy?"

Her attention was immediately snapped up by Luna, and grinned ear to ear - literally, try not to envision it - at her offer. "I'd love to take a trip! I love trips! Not trips over my hooves, those hurt. But long trips where you go places? Those are good! Except if those long trips are over my hooves and the place I go to is the floor. That's bad. But Vanhoover is good!"

She leaned over at the 'SnowCord' and snorted into her hoof.

15 hours ago, Randimaxis said:

Whaaaaaaat?  Somepony who hasn't heard of me?  Really!?

... well, this is unprecedented!  A chance to introduce myself in a completely new way - OOH!  I could practice some of Fluttershy's tips on how to make a GOOD impression!  I figure, maybe a magic trick or two, a few jokes, then... wait, don't tell me... OH!  ASK ABOUT THEM!  Yes, THAT'S a start!  I mean, no, it's not going to be fun, maybe, but STILL!!!

"Oh, I knew it was you the whole time, Discord," Pinkie admitted, showing Discord her pearly whites with a wide smile. "I just know how much you love making a big entrance. That one gets twelve balloons outta ten!"

She chucked twelve colourful balloons at the Draconequis. Where she got them from, it's better not to think about.

Edited by Unicorncob
  • Brohoof 1

rWUdzLw.png

aBc1TMz.png

Applejack's eyes lit up with delight as she turned back towards Luna. "Oh, I'd love to see Vanhoover!" she exclaimed. "My grandfather's farm is there. It'd be great to see it, and the city, too!"  she said, then turned back towards Red Cedar. "Do y'all know the Pear family or their orchard?" she asked.

Red Cedar nodded as realization dawned on him. Applejack. He had heard that name before, and not just from the news. I fact, he remembered buying fritters from the mare on his last trip to Ponyville. Not surprising that the rest of her family were farmers, too. "I know of them," he replied. "Most ponies in Vanhoover do, their orchard's huge. And they make really good pear cider every year that's just..."

Red cut himself short as the snow sculpture turned into a tall, lanky form of... something or other. Applejack simply raised her eyebrow at Discord as he talked to Luna. Well, sometimes Discord could be enjoyable company, and sometimes not. It all depended on his mood, and that, like everything else about him, was pretty chaotic.

Watching him turn into a large cluster of ears pointed towards the Princess, however, well, that was something else. Nope, that's the fourth weirdest thing I ever saw. Maybe even third. she thought to herself. Come to think of it, even the first and second were Discord.

• Brohoof 1