Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv New Sonic movie poster

Plonkett

sonic-movie-poster-high-res.png?w=2400&h

I really can't imagine how Sonic fans are feeling right now. Seriously, this looks just so godawful. What's also horrifying is that Jim Carrey will play the role of Robotnik. Stuff like this makes me appreciate the MLP movie even more.

• Brohoof 1

I can already say without any doubts that this will be one of the worst things ever created. Funny thing, Jim Carrey as Robotnik is the only thing I care about with this film. XD I just want to see what he could possibly do with the character, it certainly won't make the movie any worse, I doubt it getting any worse will even be possible. I know we still have nearly a year to go, but this post is so horrendously bad that I have absolutely no hopes of this movie being being 'so bad that it is good'.

Honestly, Sonic is just a trash IP overall.

• Brohoof 1

I really should not be laughing now...

...But I am. I kind of feel bad for Sonic fans, they seem to get a lot of meme-y stuff

• Brohoof 1

Do people just not get video game adaptations? I mean before the majesty that is the Castlevania series, the best we had were Mortal Kombat and Silent Hill; both of which have their good points but still quite flawed overall. This just looks like it's going the Super Mario or Street Fighter level of stupidity.

I hate placing judgment on things THIS early, but...this is giving me too many "Smurfs in the real world" vibes right now. :/

He looks an anorexic troll that dumped a ton of hair gel all over his body and stole a pair of shoes that was thrown out at your local 99 cents store

On the bright side it's finally brought the Sonic fandom together to finally agree on something they both hate

1 hour ago, Kyoshi said:

Sonic is a perfectly fine IP, there's nothing inherently wrong with it that makes it like this. It's just what people keep doing with it that's the problem. When somebody who actually knows what the heck they're doing is in charge it can be great.

I low-key expected the movie to not be good, but I didn't expect for the design of Sonic to be this hated.

Well at least there is Detective Pikachu to show us that is possible to translate video game characters into live action and have them look at least somewhat decent.

2 minutes ago, Olly said:

that's a TERRIBLE poster

I know! Loot Crate posted his face reveled on the twitter, I try going back to show it but can't  it find anymore...  But I think we all have enough.

Edited by TBD

Just now, vgmaster9 said:

I think the Sonic fandom is about to self-destruct at this point. Just imagine if the MLP movie had a teaser poster this bad.

My little pony:live action movie. 

Spoiler

post-20329-0-90602200-1398980464.jpg

oh man, we shouldn't never jinx it

I'm also endlessly baffled by how the american film industry constantly feels the need to change iconic things and make them garbage. The death note movie, dragon ball, last airbender, everything. Why do they always completely change the fundamental parts of the story and totally alter the design of characters. Why does this happen so often? 

15 minutes ago, TBD said:

Reveal hidden contents

Speaking of, I'm just hoping the characters in the G5 3d prequel film will have appealing designs.

19 minutes ago, TBD said:

I know! Loot Crate posted his face reveled on the twitter, I try going back to show it but can't  it find anymore...  But I think we all have enough.

Are you sure it's real?

• Brohoof 1

This would have worked so much better if it was a CARTOON MOVIE!

Hollywood... why do you hate video games, so much? I'm not saying video game movies have to look EXACTLY like the games (we have the games themselves for that), but you could at least put some effort into making them look appealing. 

30 minutes ago, TBD said:

Hide contents

1843854__safe_artist-colon-whatthehell%21%3F_editor-colon-trini-dash-mite_rarity_equestria+girls_aaaaaaaaaa_bed_doll_equestria+girls+minis_screaming_to.png

1812068__safe_screencap_rarity_the+end+in+friend_spoiler-colon-s08e17_azurantium_boots_female_glitter+boots_mare_neckerchief_open+mouth_pony_screaming_.png

Edited by heavens-champion
  • Brohoof 1

21 minutes ago, vgmaster9 said:

Speaking of, I'm just hoping the characters in the G5 3d prequel film will have appealing designs.

Are you sure it's real?

Not sure if it is or not, but seeing  these picture above  so far....I have to believe it's gonna be hella ugly.

4 hours ago, Kyoshi said:

It's not the IP, it's the self-entitled, elitist jerks that infest the fanbase, Me, I don't agree with all of the changes to the games, but I'm not constantly raving about them like the world's coming to an end.

30 minutes ago, heavens-champion said:

It's not the IP, it's the self-entitled, elitist jerks that infest the fanbase, Me, I don't agree with all of the changes to the games, but I'm not constantly raving about them like the world's coming to an end.

Yeah, I suppose that's right. It just seems like Sonic is only ever good when he is 1. Not 3D and 2. He is completely silent. It is hilarious how this movie will technically be violating both of those things.

Just now, Kyoshi said:

Yeah, I suppose that's right. It just seems like Sonic is only ever good when he is 1. Not 3D and 2. He is completely silent. It is hilarious how this movie will technically be violating both of those things.

But for whom? The fanatics, or the casual fans? Personally, I'm okay with Sonic talking. Heck, even Mario gets a few lines.

Edited by heavens-champion