Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Can you all reach the next goals? Here is what happens if you do

Salty Sweetness

I'll let my dad add any artwork in here and stuff like that. So, @Jeric is my father. I remember that there was a plan to due a full cosplay event at Babs Con back in 2014 and a few of them got colt feet (pun 100% completely on purpose). A few of them, including my dad, decided to change things so that they would only have to cosplay in the gender-bent versions of their characters. The following year my dad took me and my brother to Babs. We both went in cosplay, and I was EqG Pinkie Pie. My father ended up bailing on his agreement of the plan to cosplay as Pinkie's Dad. So my father is going to BronyCon. I can't go since I'll be prepping for college at the time and need to save my money, but I can surely make my presence felt.

Alright, revenge fueled daughter kidding aside, this is for charity. To entice you all to cross that next threshold, this is what I convinced @Jeric to do (feels weird calling him that). If we hit the $2250 goal, my dad will cosplay as any character we choose. You nominate the characters, staff and I will add some to round out a few, you vote on the picks, and I will design and put it all together for him. To keep this interesting, there will be no gender modification of the cosplay. If you pick Fluttershy then you best be sure he'll be in a sun dress. I'll probably go with the Equestria Girls designs as they are easier to assemble. 

Oh, and for those that will not attend BronyCon to witness this, Dad will be posting a regular blog about assembling the cosplay. There is even a hilarious add-on to this if you guys can break $2500, where Dad will have to record a music video in cosplay BEFORE the convention and ALSO will enter the Cosplay Contest that they have every year. 

Make this happen community!

large.jpeg

My preference, but don't let me sway you. 

• Brohoof 7

• The topic was featured

Looking forward to it, it sounds like a whole lot of fun!

...wait a second how can a regular member like you even post on the MCM subforum :mlp_icwudt:

13 minutes ago, Holly Jolly Ody said:

Looking forward to it, it sounds like a whole lot of fun!

...wait a second how can a regular member like you even post on the MCM subforum :mlp_icwudt:

She has the MCM Helper Group 

Also I think she is trolling with Starlight since I made fun of that design when it aired. 

Rari-Jeri.  Heh.  Hee hee hee...

Folks, we have GOT to make this happen.  For Equestria.  For MCM.  For the forums.  For the chilluns.

But mostly because it'll give us staffers fuel for the next decade or so.  :P

• Brohoof 1

42 minutes ago, Salty Sweetness said:

Oh, and for those that will not attend BronyCon to witness this, Dad will be posting a regular blog about assembling the cosplay.

Please keep me posted on that, because the process of assembling said cosplay sounds interesting.

34 minutes ago, Randimaxis said:

Rari-Jeri.  Heh.  Hee hee hee...

Folks, we have GOT to make this happen.  For Equestria.  For MCM.  For the forums.  For the chilluns.

But mostly because it'll give us staffers fuel for the next decade or so.  :P

Et tu Randi? ;)

16 minutes ago, Bas said:

My apologies for that.

:darling:

photo-thumb-27698.png

Are there any photos of it (which are in a quality high enough to recognize anything)?

I am surprised you didn't go as your fav pony.   photo-thumb-27698.png

I am a bit confused though, will the cosplay happen xmas/soon© or at that con?

I’m going to be nice and give you an out and assume that was a joke, otherwise you would have no defense against my daughter who is very much her mother’s daughter. And those on staff that have talked to her mom ... are probably hiding under the tables :P

3 hours ago, Bas said:

Are there any photos of it (which are in a quality high enough to recognize anything)?

Yes there are but she isn’t gonna share photos of herself on here. Still a minor and me being and Admin ... I’ve seen some things over the years to make me want to be a bit cautious. I don’t think you want to hear her reaction either. 

FWIW she went as EqG Pinkie because her natural hair is perfect for that. As about a dozen people her who attended with us can attest to. 

The post is pretty self explanatory. 

$2250 and I cosplay as a character the community chooses at the Con. The cosplay will be assembled from Jan to July with pictures of various elements as it is created, possibly a make-up test, etc. It will be posted on a blog here. 

$2500 I enter the cosplay contest there and record a music video in line with the character. The video will be released BEFORE the con, but not before the end of the MCM. 

She did forget to mention that after nominating would be done, she gets one veto and so do I to ensure that any cosplay isn’t absurdly challenging or expensive. 

• Brohoof 2

Heeee.  I could always send you the cloak and hat I made for Starswirl that one BabsCon. If nothing else it would be good for cosplaying Twilight cosplaying Starswirl....? :Fleur::-D

• Brohoof 1

Looks like we've got ourselves a new incentive and one that has come out of left field--for most of you that is. Not me though as cosplay is something I've been involved with for years though I did take an almost six year absence from it. On the subject of the song selection, I had hoped for some Equestria Girls representation seeing as there are plenty of good songs to be found there.

39 minutes ago, Ganondorf8 said:

Looks like we've got ourselves a new incentive and one that has come out of left field--for most of you that is. Not me though as cosplay is something I've been involved with for years though I did take an almost six year absence from it. On the subject of the song selection, I had hoped for some Equestria Girls representation seeing as there are plenty of good songs to be found there.

As @Salty Sweetness is making the cosplay I guarantee it will likely be EqG inspired. She is a bigger fan of Equestria Girls than FiM. Also it’s easier to sew and design from that than FiM apparently 

27 minutes ago, Jeric said:

As @Salty Sweetness is making the cosplay I guarantee it will likely be EqG inspired. She is a bigger fan of Equestria Girls than FiM. Also it’s easier to sew and design from that than FiM apparently 

I'm liking the sound of this. I wonder which character is her favourite?

1 hour ago, Ganondorf8 said:

I'm liking the sound of this. I wonder which character is her favourite?

FiM it is Derpy and AJ 

Equestria Girls it is Sunset and Wallflower Blush

44 minutes ago, Midnight Solace said:

If I do see @Jeric at Bronycon, I'll probably be hiding from him. I'm always nervous and socially awkward when meeting ponies face to face. Especially if I know them online.:twismile:

Dude, if you are at BronyCon you so need to track me down man. There it isn't me having to help run a pony site. At cons I am just a fan who loves to meet and talk to other fans. 

27 minutes ago, Bas said:

@Jeric @Salty Sweetness While I was trying to be funny, something inside me probably also wanted to tease and see what reaction I would get (/provoke?).

It looks like I stepped over a line and went too far.

I am sorry for my misbehavior.

It's cool. I'm just really protective of my kid naturally. It's why I won't let her apply for a staff position :P

• Brohoof 1

If bright, flashing and Equestria girls is what you're looking for then I nominate Violet Blurr or Pixel Pizzaz!:sneer:

What don't know who they are? They're the girls in Photo Finish's group:

medium.png

Now that is some memorable design. Perfect for standing out as much as possible :P

4 hours ago, Fhaolan said:

Heeee.  I could always send you the cloak and hat I made for Starswirl that one BabsCon. If nothing else it would be good for cosplaying Twilight cosplaying Starswirl....? :Fleur::-D

Something tells me that they would be too big on me. I think you towered over me when I saw you, but that could be memory playing tricks on me because you had this larger than life presence about you without having to say a single word. 

9 minutes ago, KH7672 said:

If bright, flashing and Equestria girls is what you're looking for then I nominate Violet Blurr or Pixel Pizzaz!:sneer:

What don't know who they are? They're the girls in Photo Finish's group:

medium.png

Now that is some memorable design. Perfect for standing out as much as possible :P

Oh boy,

@Salty Sweetness remember all the times I helped you out with stuff when you go to make whatever it is. I have a feeling the people here aren't pulling punches. Then again, I don't think you are either. 

@Salty Sweetness kid... I like the way you think. :ticking:

Animated Photo

@Jeric be afraid, be very, very afraid.

199948__safe_screencap_apple+bloom_scootaloo_sweetie+belle_one+bad+apple_animated_evil_hoofrub_sinister.gif

Frankly, there's only one way this can possibly end for Jeric...

And I am all here for it! :muffins: Get ready to be fabulous, sir! :darling:

Image result for rarity fabulous gif

• Brohoof 1

@Salty Sweetness I think by now every gets the idea and knows what I am in store for if we raise $150 more (or $400 if the other wins). I am going to unfeature the topic and should we reach that milestone we can start this event. 

You also missed something that I just caught. So what happens if say .... the community votes for a character that does not have a song?  Ponder that while your in Calc today. 

• Brohoof 1

• The topic was unfeatured

So my daughter was at a concert when we broke the $2250 threshold. She just found out 30 minutes ago and is still laughing. 

Looks like I’m going to BronyCon in cosplay! Look for a new topic tomorrow to start nominating characters. 

On 12/13/2018 at 11:33 AM, Jeric said:

You also missed something that I just caught. So what happens if say .... the community votes for a character that does not have a song?  Ponder that while your in Calc today. 

:yeahno:

Of course it would be you to point out a flaw. If your friends here pick a character for the 2250 prize that doesn't have a singing role, the fairest solution is to do a second one. Maybe. It does complicate things, but if we end up doing two characters it really isn't that big of a deal. Let's cross that bridge when we get there. 

• The topic was locked