Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

YouTubers You No Longer Subscribe

Jon the VGNerd

We watch videos from famous YouTube people, with funny and epic videos of any kind, but as time goes on, their qualities eventually diminish to the point where they become forgettable and utterly predictable, not to mention being too unfunny and monotonous. Here are my personal lists of YouTubers I no longer express interest anymore:

PewDiePie: Yes, he's a self-proclaimed YouTube legend with a whopping 70 million subscribers, and used to watch him a few years back, though once he stopped doing gaming, he basically started doing nonsense crap just to cater on the demographic viewers that are basically either attention-craving children or PewDiePie elitists who will openly defend him and belittle others for no apparent reason because they clearly don't care for opinions altogether. If any, I've grown fed up with his sheer desperation in trying to be funny altogether. It's just become awfully cringe-y. In general. he's slowly becoming an afterthought. And to top it off, he's become so self-absorbed, that he cares nothing, not even his own fans, except try and maintain his personal crown for his self-serving needs. It's just... no, just no.

AngryJoeShow: Used to love his shows when it comes to rants on bad video games, but over the years, he's completely strayed away from gaming reviews and gaming controversies and went to rate movies and nothing else. He rated a few games like Overwatch, but were in a rushed and brief manner as well, no actual angry game review at all. Yes, he's been doing Angry Video Game Reviews this year and last year, but even then, I have long unsubbed his channel since he basically threw a rage fit at his fans because of his petty excuse he made regarding making video game reviews. It just goes to show that once you start belittling your fans because you can't keep up to date, it's basically considered crossing the line and haven't gotten near his channel since then.

That's all I have. What are the YouTubers that you used to enjoy but since unsubbed without looking back for several reasons?

• Brohoof 3

I stopped being subscribed to a number of brony analyst channels and let's play channels due to not having watched any of their content in months--sometimes even years depending on the channel. I also stopped watching them due to not having enough time to actually do so.

• Brohoof 3

I forgot to add that PewDiePie's anti-semitic and racists comments are another reason for me to unsub him altogether. And yet, because he's sitting at over 70 million subscribers, these types of kids and grown-ups who were overly obsessed with him won't faze him at all. :dry:

• Brohoof 2

I stopped watching YouTube altogether while ago, yeah I watch a video there time to time but I couldn't care less about subscriptions or that stuff anymore 

And all of those 'popular' youtubers the videos they produce can barely be called content anymore i think its just their face talking about some random stuff nothing worthwhile is happening in those videos anymore if I watch one of those videos after the video I'm left with pretty much nothing 

I just wasted my time that is the conclusion that I have reached

Edited by Yu Ziyuan

Raz0rfist, I can get past his incredibly questionable opinions on games because he had some good debates on the industry as a whole(his video on the middle market is still one of my favorite gaming videos), however as time went on his gaming reviews became more contrarian for the sake of it to the point where any big game was automatically one of the worst games ever. Not to mention, now he's another idiot gamer who thinks he's an expert on politics because he dedicate his channel to "PWNING TEH ESJAYDUBYAS"

Edited by This Whomps

Why does it really matter?

The only channels that I really watch anymore are smaller channels that are actually decent. People like Isorrowproductions and Drew Durnil are pretty great channels if you like Paradox games.

2 hours ago, Jon the VGNerd said:

I forgot to add that PewDiePie's anti-semitic and racists comments are another reason for me to unsub him altogether. And yet, because he's sitting at over 70 million subscribers, these types of kids and grown-ups who were overly obsessed with him won't faze him at all. :dry:

I mean, he has actively dismissed it ever since he vowed to stop it. People just like to point out that he is racist because he's a great scapegoat even if their points have no merit at all.

Just now, TwilySparky said:

Why does it really matter?

The only channels that I really watch anymore are smaller channels that are actually decent. People like Isorrowproductions and Drew Durnil are pretty great channels if you like Paradox games.

I mean, he has actively dismissed it ever since he vowed to stop it. People just like to point out that he is racist because he's a great scapegoat even if their points have no merit at all.

I can understand that, but even then, his humor has gotten awfully stale that it's almost hard to take him seriously anymore. I can understand he's strayed away from video games because it's of no interest to him anymore, but even then, it's as if he's gotten increasingly desperate in trying to keep his crown, all while disregarding his fans' suggestions.

Just now, Jon the VGNerd said:

I can understand that, but even then, his humor has gotten awfully stale that it's almost hard to take him seriously anymore. I can understand he's strayed away from video games because it's of no interest to him anymore, but even then, it's as if he's gotten increasingly desperate in trying to keep his crown, all while disregarding his fans' suggestions.

One thing I can admire about him is that he is still unapologetically himself. Even with social pressure from everyone. If I was in his position, I would be suffering under pressure too. He still has a huge responsibility.

• Brohoof 1

Game Theory. I used to actually be naive enough to think that the theories on that channel were madequate for more than just views... Then I watched his nonsense video on Handsome Jack and I realized how little sense MatPat's theories make in general, and how horrendously they lack real substance.

JonTron. I found his videos funny... When I was 13 or so and didn't quite become mature enough to realize how painfully unfunny he is. Not to mention, his comments on immigraton are as hateful as they are nonsensical. 

17 hours ago, Santa Barik said:

Game Theory. I used to actually be naive enough to think that the theories on that channel were madequate for more than just views... Then I watched his nonsense video on Handsome Jack and I realized how little sense MatPat's theories make in general, and how horrendously they lack real substance.

JonTron. I found his videos funny... When I was 13 or so and didn't quite become mature enough to realize how painfully unfunny he is. Not to mention, his comments on immigraton are as hateful as they are nonsensical. 

Game/Film Theory used to be interesting yes, but then he detracted everything and spewed out nonsense crap that makes no sense anymore. Dunno why people are still interested in him when really, his overall quality in videos has degraded over time. Same with JonTron as once he got political about it, I basically lost every bit of interest in the end.

I’ve unsubscribes to some channels like UnlistedLeaf because I don’t play the Pokémon TCG anymore. Some Brony analysts are annoying so I avoid them. I agree with @Jon the VGNerd‘s assessment of Angry Joe’s channel. It used to be a lot of fun to watch angry reviews and controversies. But he’s spread out to reviewing movies and other things that his channel is suffering. I don’t watch everything he puts out anymore. 

• Brohoof 1

Just now, Twilight Luna said:

I’ve unsubscribes to some channels like UnlistedLeaf because I don’t play the Pokémon TCG anymore. Some Brony analysts are annoying so I avoid them. I agree with @Jon the VGNerd‘s assessment of Angry Joe’s channel. It used to be a lot of fun to watch angry reviews and controversies. But he’s spread out to reviewing movies and other things that his channel is suffering. I don’t watch everything he puts out anymore. 

Even though Angry Joe did get back to making angry game reviews recently, the damage was already done and have avoided his channel ever since.

• Brohoof 1

15 minutes ago, Jon the VGNerd said:

Even though Angry Joe did get back to making angry game reviews recently, the damage was already done and have avoided his channel ever since.

I watch his reviews for the games I’m interested in but I skip everything else.

• Brohoof 1

MatPat and all of GameTheory and its spinoffs:

Too many examples, but it can be summed up in one TV Trope: Dan Browned. Particularly when he claims Mario is Mental or Phoenix Wright is the real criminal.

And what's especially unforgivable is MatPat claiming that Luigi is abused by Mario, and what's worst, the video was released in the middle of the Year of Luigi! I think TV Tropes says it best: 

The whole "Mario is an abusive brother" argument in general. At the time of the video's release, it was the Year of Luigi and we got two games that show their relationship as brothers. In them, we see Mario earnestly thanking Luigi for saving him (yet again) and calling him number one in the former, and in the latter we actually see the inner workings of Luigi's mind: Luigi would gladly help Mario no matter what, even willingly staying in the shadows if it means the two get to work together, and time and time again we've seen that Mario would gladly let him help if the chance arises. So basically, the year was full of Heartwarming Moments for the younger plumber, and MatPat just disregards all of that. Heck, the entire Mario & Luigi series is disregarded, which paints Mario as a caring older brother who'll always come to Luigi's rescue.

I unsubscribed to a bunch of YouTubers who I stopped watching for very long periods of time. Either because their content stopped appealing to me, or I just lost interest.

I've only ever unfollowed one YouTuber: Lily Orchard, aka Lily Peet, formerly Jerry Peet.

Largely known for her stint as a brony YouTuber; is now one of the most hate-filled, insult-spewing indivduals I have ever seen in the fandom, and it's a damn shame too. She's a genuinely good editor with a great speaking voice, but my god, I can only take the obvious hate and insults for so long. And there's the whole issue with their spat with Firebrand, and that killed whatever interest I had in them at that point.

Good riddance.

• Brohoof 1

Planet Dolan: Used to be funny, but it's humor has been derailed from one of the Top 10's, one being chocolate which Dolan claims to have come from a beaver's butt hole, which not only makes absolutely no sense, but it hardly EVER comes from an animal source. This made me wonder if their videos are even considered worth watching anymore and eventually walked away afterwards. Used to like their videos in the past, but their humor has gone dry and utterly stale as well.

• Brohoof 1

There's really too many to really say anyone specific here, there's everything from Drama-alert to Dr.Wolf who I have unsubscribed simply because I have lost interest (many reaction and Top-list channels have met that same fate.) And then there is those that I have unsubscribed because they are nothing like they used to, thus not entertaining, and then there's some that I have left behind because they have adopted the "far-left" point of view

There's also bunch of gaming channels I haven't unsubscribed from but don't watch anymore.. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/14/2018 at 10:23 PM, Will Guide said:

MatPat and all of GameTheory and its spinoffs:

Too many examples, but it can be summed up in one TV Trope: Dan Browned. Particularly when he claims Mario is Mental or Phoenix Wright is the real criminal.

And what's especially unforgivable is MatPat claiming that Luigi is abused by Mario, and what's worst, the video was released in the middle of the Year of Luigi! I think TV Tropes says it best: 

Yep. Used to like Game Theory (mentioned from my previous post), but after what you mentioned, it seems those "game theories" has gotten utterly biased and the humor is completely tasteless, especially when MatPat is showing serious inaccuracies, just to get those easy number of views and subscribers.

Also unsubbed Samination, his content has gotten pretty stale and activity has been almost nonexistent at best. Plus the fanbase died out ever since.

• Brohoof 1