Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Any terms/names used in the show you really don't like/make you cringe?

Azureth

We're all obviously used to Pony terms/language now, but is there anything you really find particularly bad/cringe worthy? I really don't like Las Pegasus, it just rubs me the wrong way. Same with Phillydelphia.

Mixing horse terminology with everything. Everypony, anypony, marefriend, or replacing normal words or slang with horse puns, it sounds really dumb and corny. Things like buck instead of fuck in particular makes AJ's job sound terrible(I got that from a comic a while back :p)

Everycreature in S8 sounds incredibly dumb and forced. Just use everyone for fucks sake

• Brohoof 3

20 minutes ago, This Whomps said:

Everycreature in S8 sounds incredibly dumb and forced. Just use everyone for fucks sake

Agreed, the ~creature termination sounds terrible, they wanted to keep the clever ~pony termination but it doesn't work.

• Brohoof 1

31 minutes ago, This Whomps said:

Things like buck instead of fuck in particular makes AJ's job sound terrible(I got that from a comic a while back :p)

Things get really hectic around applefuck season.

3 hours ago, Flutterstep said:

Cutie Mark

Nothing reminds me I’m watching a little girls show more than hearing that phrase.

Well, they couldn't call it a tramp stamp.

• Brohoof 3

E V E R Y C R E A T U R E

Couldn't sound more racist and proving Neighsay right every time it's used if they tried - it sounds incredibly demeaning since it makes it look like the ponies are regulating griffons, yaks, changelings and seaponies to the same level as manticores, diamond dogs, hydras, and parasprites

• Brohoof 6

14 hours ago, This Whomps said:

Mixing horse terminology with everything. Everypony, anypony, marefriend, or replacing normal words or slang with horse puns, it sounds really dumb and corny. Things like buck instead of fuck in particular makes AJ's job sound terrible(I got that from a comic a while back :p)

41 minutes ago, The Nth Doctor said:

E V E R Y C R E A T U R E

Couldn't sound more racist and proving Neighsay right every time it's used if they tried - it sounds incredibly demeaning since it makes it look like the ponies are regulating griffons, yaks, changelings and seaponies to the same level as manticores, diamond dogs, hydras, and parasprites

Everycreate to me honestly sounds like an insult. I get they are trying to be "inclusive" and "diverse", but doing everycreature is not the way.

• Brohoof 2

Nothing that I can think of except for the whole “everycreature” thing. I’m just glad they haven’t tried to modernize the ponies so that they talk like kids these days with internet buzzwords and such. 

Edited by Twilight Luna
  • Brohoof 3

You know you've spent a bit too much time in the pony society when you start to refer to everyone as everypony instead of everybody. It's kinda of like humans calling everyone everyhuman.

But it doesn't really bother me as much as Princess Celestia refers to everyone as her own personal little ponies. 

• Brohoof 1

On 12/12/2018 at 9:36 PM, Treeglow Flicker said:

I can't really think of any names or terms that I dislike or that make me cringe. But then again I really like things like puns and word play. Outgunned but never outpunned! :P

Pretty much this.

On 12/13/2018 at 12:07 AM, This Whomps said:

Precisely. Continuity errors aside, onw would think that Twi having been to the human world twice would make her implement their customs :dash:

On 12/13/2018 at 9:11 AM, Slasher Panzy said:

Well, they couldn't call it a tramp stamp.

Or butt tats :darling:

On 12/13/2018 at 3:45 PM, Flutterstep said:

Cutie Mark

Nothing reminds me I’m watching a little girls show more than hearing that phrase.

"Cutie Mark" is actually very much not a little girl thing, it's a cross between beauty mark(a tattoo to brand a slave) and the branding of a horse(usually with a hot iron tool) so yeah.. nothing girly here.(it's not an official thing of course, but it's something to think of)