Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Any terms/names used in the show you really don't like/make you cringe?

Azureth

On 12/23/2018 at 4:49 AM, RulesofRarity said:

“Sweet Celestia” or another usage of her name as a replacement for Jesus/God. 

I find those quite funny tho :mlp_icwudt:

This one takes da cake tho :fluttershy:

• 2 weeks later...

Everypony (and it's variations), cutie mark, and everycreature.

I like the few times where "someone" or "everyone"  is written/said accidentally in the show. I forgot which episodes but I'm pretty sure I remember it happening a few times. ^_^

Edited by Cirrus.
  • Brohoof 1

Yeah I've seen this a bit on this thread but Everypony, In real life you don't hear people referring to people as everyperson or whatever. I hear it and I just feel a bit weird, And also whenever they say cutiemark.

On 1/8/2019 at 7:32 PM, Cirrus. said:

Everypony (and it's variations), cutie mark, and everycreature.

I like the few times where "someone" or "everyone"  is written/said accidentally in the show. I forgot which episodes but I'm pretty sure I remember it happening a few times. ^_^

I remember AJ saying it once during the S8 premiere..... just when the “everycreature” shit was getting trendy :mlp_icwudt:

• Brohoof 2

Hippogriffs using the "-griff" suffix for certain words (everygriff, anygriff, etc.) always sounds really forced and unnatural to me. I can tolerate the "-pony" suffix despite it not making that much sense when you think about it, but hippogriff speak is corny as hell.

Also, the fact that there's far too many place names that are just horse puns on real-life places. It makes Equestria feel more like a theme park than an actual fictional country.

Edited by NoOneInParticular
  • Brohoof 3

On ‎12‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 9:00 PM, Venomous said:

"Anypony" and "Everypony" 

I just can't get behind the whole pony talk thing.

This has perhaps been beaten to death already, but I feel like this cannot be overemphasized. The terms anypony and everypony not only sound awkward, they're borderline racist and needlessly send the wrong messages about Equestria and the Mane 6, despite the fact that they regularly interact with nonponies :mustache:.

Every creature is also incredibly dumb, awkward and offensive. If any of the Mane 6 said that to a nonpony crowd, I wouldn't blame a dragon, hippogriff or ANYONE if they punched them in the face.

Edited by Cwanky
  • Brohoof 1