Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

During the song "One More Day" there is a wide shot where every pony is singing aside from Vinyl and Octavia being the only 2 not, Cup Cake comes from the right pulling Pound and Pumpkin where their mouths were moving with all the other ponies singing. Was Pound and Pumpkin singing and can they speak?

Edited by Shady Mist

They said Pinkie's name at the end of their debut episode, S2's "Baby Cakes". And besides in big musical numbers like this, it's standard for all the cartoon characters to sing even if they don't speak elsewhere in the show.

Just now, Will Guide said:

They said Pinkie's name at the end of their debut episode, S2's "Baby Cakes". And besides in big musical numbers like this, it's standard for all the cartoon characters to sing even if they don't speak elsewhere in the show.

I forgot that from season 2 but Vinyl and Octavia weren't singing.

its my head cannon that they have a savant syndrome thing, since they developed in magic and flight quite early, so it makes sense that maybe they cant speak as well or as easily, but i dont think they are mute, as they can make vocalizations that can sound like speech ( i.e baby talk)