Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Hasbro designs a toy that requires yelling?

ManaMinori

Good Celestia, keep it away from me.  I hate loud noise.  I am constantly having to cover my ears in restaurants because of screaming children.  The last thing I want is to encourage them to scream louder.  How about a Whispery?  A toy that only moves when you whisper and shuts down if you make a loud noise?  Fluttershy's favorite.  YAY:yay:

• Brohoof 1

9 minutes ago, TwilySparky said:

But why though? That's my only question

It's a gimmick toy. It also isn't the first toy to require loud noise to activate a function, and YES some have been great successes. My kids rather loved Bop It with the mic. I'd rather they experiment with this type of toy than veg in front of the TV. 

• Brohoof 1

Some apps and games have you doing that as well. In my opinion, I think it would be great as long as you don't do it around others.

It seems like a good way to get rid of stress and anger, just yell as loud as you can at your toy spider! If I did that though, I'd probably end up causing the toy spider to malfunction. :twismile:

Edited by EpicEnergy

2 hours ago, Twilight Luna said:

For some reason, that reminds me of Nintendo’s Laser Scope from back in the day. It advertised voice commands but also peace and quiet for parents when their children played games. Try to figure that one out. :dry:

85B967AA-2A6E-4593-BA37-3ADFFB2184B5.thumb.jpeg.dfabfcd06081ed5dbdb9c37c703f9f64.jpeg

"Wow I just shot down a duck by saying 'fuck'." I had to. XD

Instead of a yelling toy, they should have one that is voice activated but is focused on teaching languages and not just spanish. Probably a difficult idea to implement but hey, it sounds better than a Yellie. What a strange name.

3 minutes ago, Kyoshi said:

"Wow I just shot down a duck by saying 'fuck'." I had to. XD

Instead of a yelling toy, they should have one that is voice activated but is focused on teaching languages and not just spanish. Probably a difficult idea to implement but hey, it sounds better than a Yellie. What a strange name.

Lol. Gotta love the angry video game nerd. :P

The loud screams that are required would drive me up the wall. I'm not fond of loud noises and neither is my dad so this would be a nightmare for both of us.

What I despise the most are toys that make some noise but this is tking it to the next level I don't see really any purpose in this product it just encourages kids to scream more as if we didn't have enough screaming in our hands already.

Would be pretty interesting to see what they were/are really trying achieve with this as I don't really see any reason why anyone would buy something like that on it's own just for that particular feature

I thought this was a joke at first, given that I have never seen a toy with such an absurd mechanic. I hope parents know what they're getting into. 

11 hours ago, Kyoshi said:

Wow I just shot down a duck by saying 'fuck'.

What were they thinking?! 

• 3 months later...

*evil chuckle c2d705157bc13e80b4f3110dbf3dff5c.gif sounds like a perfect toy to give to my little cousins. I love it when they run and scream.