Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Hasbro, ponies, and fanbases

ManaMinori

Japan's anime companies treat their original fans a LOT better than Hasbro seems to. Heck, just look at Pokemon and all their constant remakes, reboots, and throwbacks to g1. Pokemon gave their gen 1 fans "Pokemon Origins" and a button of g1 reboots and references through the nearly all the different gen games. The Yugioh franchise gave their original fans the Dark Side of Dimensions movie , the Digimon franchise gave a nod to their og fans with "Digimon Tri"..... I know that Hasbro has been stringing a few g1 references t and including characters from it in g4 (rebooted seaponies, Gisty the Great, Smooze, Tirek,  Scorpan...), but do you guys think they'll throw a bone to the original fanbase of g1  fans by doing something resembling the magnitude of these other companies? Would g4 fans be invested in such a thing?

I feel like Hasbros main intention has been with the toys for the past 20years before g4 came. With g4 they seemed to put a little more effort into the production of the series and that way help the toy sales how I see it it's like 50% toys 50% show for Harsbro these days in terms of commitment ant it has been gearing more towards the story driven merchandise selling just like pokemon etc from the old toy driven series that mlp used to be imo.

Hasbro is a toy company first and foremost so they will primarily focus on that because it's what they're best known for. In their eyes, the earlier generations of MLP aren't very profitable so they will remain dedicated to the current generation until it no longer is profitable. Then again, Hasbro have released 'legacy' toys as a way of re-introducing their old toy lines to a new audience so MLP could benefit from that. I think that is as close as we'll get to being given something from the earlier generations.

17 hours ago, Yu Ziyuan said:

I feel like Hasbros main intention has been with the toys for the past 20years before g4 came. With g4 they seemed to put a little more effort into the production of the series and that way help the toy sales how I see it it's like 50% toys 50% show for Harsbro these days in terms of commitment ant it has been gearing more towards the story driven merchandise selling just like pokemon etc from the old toy driven series that mlp used to be imo.

To be fair, I always felt G4 was more character driven than story driven.

• 1 year later...