Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What If EQG Was Actually A Jem And The Holograms Crossover?

Denim&Venöm

So we all know the disaster that was the Jem live action movie. But what if instead of a movie, they went with a show. And they used MLP as a (re)launching point to start G2 of Gem and the holograms and it's accompanying merch to try and combat the rival Monster High franchise. 

Plan A. Say that the mirror world is actually to the Jem universe. EQG plays out like it did but instead of the HuMane 5 it's Jem and her bandmates. Twi and Jem work together to bring the band back together and foil the plans of a Sunset-esq villain, kicking off the G2 Jem franchise in EQG style with a redemption arc for our antagonist playing a role in the series. 

Or plan B. Hasbro still kinda want EQG and Jem. So what would make more sense? A crossover in the EQG sequel, where magic is fueled by the power of music and Jem and her holograms must win a battle of the bands in order to stop evil doers who want to use mind altering pop music to rule the world.

Is it just me or was Rainbow Rocks secretly the Jem and the Holograms reboot Hasbro always wanted? 

So what do you think of the first ever MLP film or it's sequel being used to kickstart JatH G2 and the Hasbro animated universe? Would you watch a Jem TV series in the style of Equestria girls? How well would it have been received by Bronies and the OG Jem fans and how well would it have performed? 

See the source image

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, Denim&Venom said:

Is it just me or was Rainbow Rocks secretly the Jem and the Holograms reboot Hasbro always wanted? 

It sure seems that way. 

I've never seen "Jem" for real but I have seen clips & it looks like Rainbow Rocks may have taken inspiration from it. 

• Brohoof 1

You might be onto something here with this theory. It's definitely one that should be given a closer inspection. On a similar note, I love that they used Sunset as the pony plushie during that sequence in the Jem & The Holograms comic.

• Brohoof 2

It's not just you.

The thought occurs that Rainbow Rocks was actually Hasbro attempting to apologize for the Jem 'movie' in that stupid refusing to admit it way. "I'm not apologizing, *you're* apologizing..."

Except that Rainbow Rocks came out *before* the Jem movie. Now, mind you, the Jem movie was probably in production before Rainbow Rocks, due to the way things work. So it's possible RR was a cast-off script, hastily re-written by people who actually gave a damn.

• 3 weeks later...

I was thinking Jem practically the whole time watching it. I wouldn't want Jem to be a story about magic though. I'd prefer it stick to its roots. There were a lot of drama elements, corporate mongering, mental and emotional manipulation, confused and complex relationships, that you never see in kids shows.

The Jem movie was a total disaster though. It's pretty sad when "Howard the Duck" does a better job.