134 users have voted

1. 1. Top Five (due to tie)

• Trixie Lulamoon
    • Pinkie Pie
    • Rarity
    • Fluttershy
    • Autumn Blaze

This poll is closed to new votes

I'll also probably remove zero votes this afternoon so it doesn't take up as much room on the front page. provide we reach a set number of total votes. 

Also ... yikes guys ... Pinkie Pie? 

C2E2F815-0643-4EF2-9A48-DEE2BAE616DC.jpeg

this would be me. 130 lbs, thin, and 5’9”

12 minutes ago, FlareGun45 said:

Well Iunno what he looks like so I can't tell, but a Pinkie outfit might suit him! I can imagine it! XD

• Brohoof 2

No  Discord ?

img-49806-1-10713.jpg.b49067bb8dea24ad04d2fef1f253890f.jpg

... Trixie it is, then.

And that hat had damn well better SPARKLE!

AND I expect a smoke bomb!

And you'd better roll that 'R', you hear me!?

...so there.

};P

I didn't vote for Pinkie Pie, but now when I think of this.. oh it will be an overkill. :mlp_icwudt:

Poor Jeric... :darling:

WtvmtpT.jpg

Also Jeric, you look similar to one of my coworkers. EqE4vfd.png

Edited by Rikifive

7 hours ago, Jeric said:

Yikes. 

I am removing Zecora as a veto option. Those who voted Zecora please @ mention me with your revised vote. 

1. By "veto", you mean "vote"? Removing her "as a veto option" means we're no longer allowed to vote against her.

2. Not to sound like whining, but is it really fair game for the challenged person to simply remove whatever option they don't feel like doing, without a proper excuse such as a health issue?
Because; either the challenge's organizer/giver decides on the choices, so it feels OP for the recipient to just remove them on the go. Or the recipient themselves decide, then it makes no sense to include Zecora only to leave it out when it gets too many votes. I'm assuming it's the former, based on your reaction, I find it unlikely that you added an option knowing you won't wanna take it later.
I promise I won't insist if you simply tell me it was an error or something... like, if you had conditions laid out but your daughter ignored them by adding Zecora.

3. I'll vote for Autumn Blaze, I guess.

28 minutes ago, Feather Spiral said:

1. By "veto", you mean "vote"? Removing her "as a veto option" means we're no longer allowed to vote against her.

2. Not to sound like whining, but is it really fair game for the challenged person to simply remove whatever option they don't feel like doing, without a proper excuse such as a health issue?
Because; either the challenge's organizer/giver decides on the choices, so it feels OP for the recipient to just remove them on the go. Or the recipient themselves decide, then it makes no sense to include Zecora only to leave it out when it gets too many votes. I'm assuming it's the former, based on your reaction, I find it unlikely that you added an option knowing you won't wanna take it later.
I promise I won't insist if you simply tell me it was an error or something... like, if you had conditions laid out but your daughter ignored them by adding Zecora.

3. I'll vote for Autumn Blaze, I guess.

1. Should have said “Removing her — as a veto option.” Meaning I invoked one of the veto options. I have one and my daughter has another.

2a. This “ability” was communicated twice previously so it should not come out of left field. My kids and I are actually people who have cosplayed and my daughter is part of the cosplay community. There is a reason I removed Zecora due to the possibility of unfriendly issues I may encounter. As ridiculous as it sounds, cosplaying as something assumed to represent one race when you are not that race can open you up to scorn. I’d rather face laughter and embarrassment of wearing a dress than someone running up to me in a convention screaming at me because I violated their unwritten rule. I’d rather avoid that unpleasantness. You and I may think that is an absurd view, but I’ve witnessed this first hand. I’ve witnessed this at a Pony Convention. I also witnessed this at other cons. I hope that clears things up. I was hoping to not have to detail the reason why because I didn’t want to enter into the silly political realm of things. But, this is the world we live in. 

2b. The other reason either of us would veto a character would be related to functional or skill issues with the costume, effects, or props required. Thus far @Salty Sweetness doesn’t see any issue with the remaining options.

3. Okay I’ll adjust it

• Brohoof 1

14 minutes ago, Jeric said:

2a. This “ability” was communicated twice previously so it should not come out of left field.

I didn't see it, my bad. Turns out it was in OP all this time. My brain just didn't register since it wasn't stated in a list.

In any case, your answer to question 1 also answered 2. But this talk about "cosplaying as something assumed to represent one race when you are not that race", it just confuses me... what's that about?

Do you mean, zebras represent Black people so you don't want people yelling at you for being a white guy playing her?
You're right, that does sound very silly, especially since you aren't a woman either and thus (by that same logic) shouldn't be cosplaying Pinkie or any other female, either. Same people who'd scream at a "white guy" cosplaying as a "black woman", would still also scream at a guy cosplaying a girl, I would think.

If you've seen one at a con but not the other though, I'll take your word for it. Sorry if I sound forceful, and thank you for being forthcoming. I expected a PM, if you didn't want everyone to know.

Edited by Feather Spiral
  • Brohoof 1

10 minutes ago, Feather Spiral said:

Do you mean, zebras represent Black people so you don't want people yelling at you for being a white guy playing her?
<snip>

Basically that, yeah. Also because her VA is black. You have a huge issue within the cosplay community that is a constant battle over this. The toxic volume does exist with crossplay and body type (thin people cosplaying as heavy set characters), but it isn't present in the MLP fandom, though it is in Steven Universe and a few anime sub-communities. Others like Star Wars and Trek don't have this issue either. It is very fandom specific it seems. 

4 hours ago, Jeric said:

C2E2F815-0643-4EF2-9A48-DEE2BAE616DC.jpeg

this would be me. 130 lbs, thin, and 5’9”

Pardon me, but you look more in your late 20s to me than in your early 40's. Heck, we look like we could be brothers if you saw my face

Especially, since I'm also thin and around 5' 9" ;)

Edited by Will Guide

1 hour ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

Ok. :blush:

*Gives you peanut butter crackers* 

It looks like Trixie is close enough that this could happen. It’s funny because I have no idea how the kid is going to interpret either Pinkie or Trixie. 

But if it’s either I will demand props! 

• Brohoof 2