134 users have voted

1. 1. Top Five (due to tie)

• Trixie Lulamoon
    • Pinkie Pie
    • Rarity
    • Fluttershy
    • Autumn Blaze

This poll is closed to new votes

Yay you guys at the best! I told him that this idea would promote more donations. See dad?

Now let's get down to business. The plan is to first nominate characters you want my dad to dress as. He gets to veto one and so do I. We'll keep this going until we have about ten or so valid picks, maybe more. Then we vote. The winning character will be what my dad wears to BronyCon, and does a complete vlog/blog series about completing it. I haven't decided if you guys will vote for the specific outfit or not. That will probably depend on the character. If I am being honest, it will be easier on me if I can create a Equestria Girls version out of the selection. There are some general rules here. 

This is MLP specific. 

My dad will at least have to be in cosplay at the con for four hours. 

My dad will attempt to stay in-character at the con. 

A vlog/blog must be posted every two weeks by my dad. If he misses a submission not due to health or act of Celestia then various challenges will need to be performed. Things like getting someone to take a photo with him, maybe even a costume change at one point. I'm open to suggestions for this one. Limited to three costume changes for the character. 

No infant characters pls thx

No inanimate characters. 

Pets are okay I suppose.

The cosplay has to be con appropriate. 

While I may try and make custom pieces, if I run into  issues, we may wind up commissioning something. I'm thinking a hat or accessory like a staff or such. I'm never sewn a hat so while I can try, I don't want to be bashing my in head wasting fabric and such.  

Costuming, accessories, wigs, and makeup (if applicable to the character) will be specific to the canon character. Basically, I'm going all in on this hoping that it doesn't wind up looking like a train wreck. 

Ummmm. I think that's it. I can answer questions and such, or my dad can and he'll relay then answer. Also, he is being a great sport about this. I almost feel bad. Almost. ;)

I'll start.

Fluttershy!

Dad, do your thing to this post. 

@Jeric

• Brohoof 8

2 hours ago, Salty Sweetness said:

No inanimate characters. 

I'll call this the Tom rule. :P

2 hours ago, Salty Sweetness said:

Fluttershy!

I thought you would have done Derpy or Starlight? 

CHARACTER LIST

Rarity

Fluttershy

Luna

Trixie

Pistachio

Pinkie Pie

Derpy

Cheese Sandwhich

Winnona 

Maud Pie

• Brohoof 4

• The topic was featured
1 minute ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

@Salty Sweetness@Jeric Would Rarity be typecasting? :P

Ha! I'm really not like Rarity personality wise so no? Unless you meant because she is Best Pony ... then yeah it would be predictable, but hey its probably as valid an option as any. 

• Brohoof 2

34 minutes ago, Salty Sweetness said:

Yay you guys at the best! I told him that this idea would promote more donations. See dad?

Now let's get down to business. The plan is to first nominate characters you want my dad to dress as. He gets to veto one and so do I. We'll keep this going until we have about ten or so valid picks, maybe more. Then we vote. The winning character will be what my dad wears to BronyCon, and does a complete vlog/blog series about completing it. I haven't decided if you guys will vote for the specific outfit or not. That will probably depend on the character. If I am being honest, it will be easier on me if I can create a Equestria Girls version out of the selection. There are some general rules here. 

This is MLP specific. 

My dad will at least have to be in cosplay at the con for four hours. 

My dad will attempt to stay in-character at the con. 

A vlog/blog must be posted every two weeks by my dad. If he misses a submission not due to health or act of Celestia then various challenges will need to be performed. Things like getting someone to take a photo with him, maybe even a costume change at one point. I'm open to suggestions for this one. Limited to three costume changes for the character. 

No infant characters pls thx

No inanimate characters. 

Pets are okay I suppose.

The cosplay has to be con appropriate. 

While I may try and make custom pieces, if I run into  issues, we may wind up commissioning something. I'm thinking a hat or accessory like a staff or such. I'm never sewn a hat so while I can try, I don't want to be bashing my in head wasting fabric and such.  

Costuming, accessories, wigs, and makeup (if applicable to the character) will be specific to the canon character. Basically, I'm going all in on this hoping that it doesn't wind up looking like a train wreck. 

Ummmm. I think that's it. I can answer questions and such, or my dad can and he'll relay then answer. Also, he is being a great sport about this. I almost feel bad. Almost. ;)

I'll start.

Fluttershy!

Dad, do your thing to this post. 

@Jeric

I say Rarity

6 minutes ago, Passion said:

stay "in-character"?

Then he got an idea. An awful idea. The pirate had a wonderful, awful idea.

Pinkie Pie!!! I nominate you as Pinkie Pie.

• Brohoof 1

Just now, PiratePony said:

Then he got an idea. An awful idea. The pirate had a wonderful, awful idea.

Pinkie Pie!!! I nominate you as Pinkie Pie.

If you could see the look on my face. I was actually worried about this. Not just because of the cosplay but the in-character part. I came this close to dodging that bullet. 

This close. 

• Brohoof 1

41 minutes ago, Jeric said:

If you could see the look on my face. I was actually worried about this. Not just because of the cosplay but the in-character part. I came this close to dodging that bullet. 

This close. 

What about Maud Pie? :nom:

• Brohoof 1

No need to repeat nominations. I’d add to the list instead — if you can think of anything. 

2 hours ago, Jeric said:

CHARACTER LIST

Rarity

Fluttershy

Luna

Trixie

Pistachio

Pinkie Pie

Derpy

Cheese Sandwhich

Winnona 

Maud Pie

This is what I think we have so far

• Brohoof 1

15 minutes ago, Jeric said:

No need to repeat nominations. I’d add to the list instead — if you can think of anything. 

This is what I think we have so far

Wait, we're at the nominating stage. I thought we were at the voting stage. My bad! :P

In that case, you think Thorax in either form has a chance?

• Brohoof 1

8 minutes ago, Will Guide said:

Wait, we're at the nominating stage. I thought we were at the voting stage. My bad! :P

In that case, you think Thorax in either form has a chance?

Maybe. I’ll add it

We all know Trixie is best choice, she is the Greatest and Powerfullest
she has a variety of equestria girl's outfits, some of which don't have props like hats to make them a bit easier to make,
she has a song
but best of all, the "in character" part will be awesome

• Brohoof 3