Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Twilight's BIGGEST friendship problem

FlareGun45

Twilight has had her share of friendship problems, but none of them are bigger than her relationship with Spike. Or his relationship with the rest of the Mane Six for that matter. I really thought the writers were over this Spikeabuse nonsense, but they just brought it back for season 8 and Best Gift Ever. Pushing Spike out to stage in Horse Play, Twilight using him as bait in Best Gift Ever..... well, the Horse Play one isn't THAT bad, I can handle that one, but using him as bait takes it waaaay too far. And the one who raised him did this, no less! She put her own child at risk, and he didn't even want to! He asked her to stop! I don't care if this is just a cartoon, and no I'm not over-exaggerating this time. This isn't Spike being cheated outta something. This was his life on the line, no matter if Twilight knew what she was doing or not! I just don't understand how his closest friends always like to take advantage of him after all he does for them. I don't blame them COMPLETELY because I don't think they're even aware that they're taking advantage of him, but trust me, they do. Twilight forgets she's his supposed to be his motherly-figure, not his mistress. She's supposed to help him out with his destiny, not the other way around. And especially never use him as bait! A mother would NEVER do this, no matter the circumstances!

He's too much of a nice guy to complain about it, and he's too young to stand up for himself all the time. In season 9, above all else Spike needs, he needs justice for the garbage his "friends" put him through. They may have given him alot of good as well, but the bad they given him far outweighs the good. Gee-wiz, the friends he doesn't interact with enough treat him better - Starlight, Thorax, Ember, Big Mac, etc. Really, this needs to be fixed. I sincerely hope this was a plan all along for a future episode for the final season. His friends, Twilight especially, really need to learn from this. This is a REAL problem that parents could take bad influence of! Ok maybe that last part was overdoing it a bit.... but this is still a problem.

Edited by FlareGun45
  • Brohoof 1

yeah, I really didn't care for that scene. At all. It was a horrible thing to do to Spike, and I know for a certainty that she wouldn't have so casually picked up any other one of her friends and did what she did to Spike with them, dangling them in front of an angry and vicious creature like a piece of meat, like that. Spike being Twilight's first friend from her foalhood just makes this scene so much worse.

• Brohoof 1