Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Favorite Kirby copy ability?

ggg-2

My favourite copy ability, would have to be the cutter ability. I find it very versatile for dealing with both long and short range enemies. 

Going with Smash Bros, I love copying Link and getting his bow with Kirby's other moves. The bow is quite versatile with being able to charge it how you want. I would prefer getting the boomerang but the bow still works really well. Plus Link is one of my mains so there is some bias present. :P (Also I am getting Smash Ultimate for Christmas and GAH I can't wait!)

• Brohoof 1

Sword. The ability has a lot of flexibility dealing with enemies at short and medium range, and in some games there's the ability to slash while in the air, keeping momentum but also hitting nearby enemies. I'd say a Smash ability here, but let's face it, Kirby's sucked since at least Melee, and he's getting no better in Ultimate. As of right now he seems pretty settled in the abyss known as low tier, among the worst characters in the game. 

As a Kirby Fan, I always liked the Sword ability, but with the new game that came out, Kirby Star Allies the staff ability was one I really enjoyed even more than the sword. Even though it's not a "classic" ability I really liked what the staff ability could do especially when you had an ability attached to it.

But each ability had it's ups and downs, and not every game has every ability, when you actually play through the games (no not smash) you have to use different copy abilities to progress cause most of the time you have to have a specific one to get further in the level, like when you have ice blocks in the way, you need an ability that has fire, like the fire ability. Also if you have to light a fuse and get blown in a cannon, you can't do that with sword (unless in Star Allies having fire attached to it) so you have to drop what you have and get another one.

But tangents aside, Sword is my overall favorite copy ability, though I do prefer staff, but staff is only in Star Allies and is a very new ability so I cannot say that overall.

And as for smash, I do not use copy abilities at all when playing as Kirby (that's the character I play the most and am good at) I just use all what he has got except for neutral B.

There's been a few I've enjoyed over the years. I definitely enjoyed messing around with the mixing abilities in Crystal Shards, particularly the lightning sword which had a way if wrecking anything (plus it reminded me of Darth Maul so that was a bonus). In Superstar Ultra I used the hammer ability almost exclusively when I had the choice. With a few exceptions the flaming hammer attack would devastate enemy health and trivialize most bosses.

I actually don't even use the copy ability in Smash Bros. None of them can match up to Kirby's natural abilities in those games. He's one of my top three mains and has been since the original Smash Bros. Fox's laser in the original is the only one I might consider using because of the massive knockback.

5 hours ago, Santa Barik said:

but let's face it, Kirby's sucked since at least Melee

This pun may have been unintentional, but I feel that I should point this out.

Edited by Cash In

On 12/20/2018 at 9:17 PM, Kyoshi said:

Going with Smash Bros, I love copying Link and getting his bow with Kirby's other moves. The bow is quite versatile with being able to charge it how you want. I would prefer getting the boomerang but the bow still works really well. Plus Link is one of my mains so there is some bias present. :P (Also I am getting Smash Ultimate for Christmas and GAH I can't wait!)

Exactly what you said/near verbatim. 

As a Huge fan of Kirby, well my favorites were Smash Bros (and no not the actual moves from SSB except Vulcan Jab, smash kick, final cutter, stone hammer, and twinkle star), Mirror, Sword (including Elemental Swords), UFO, Plasma, Beam (including Beam Mage Role), and Tornado. As for final abilities, well it's Master / Galaxia, Star Rod, and Ribbon's Crystal Gun. For Super Abilities, Ultra Sword and Beam Flare.