Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming What video game(s) can you not just get into, no matter how hard you try?

No Longer Here

What video game(s) that you just cannot get into no matter how hard you try to enjoy it . I got Arma III as a gift from my cousin. I tried getting into that game, it is just way to difficult and tedious just to do something.

What are yours?

• The title was changed to What video game(s) can you not just get into, no matter how hard you try?
Just now, Santa Barik said:

I personally could never get into the Elder Scrolls games. I always found them too frustrating, too buggy, and they always felt way too sluggish in pace.

I actually tried getting into Skyrim, ehh…., I just cannot, to slow paced, and plus, you're correct, it's buggy as heck.

I've tried to get into the Fallout games on several occasions, but I really can't and I have no idea why. They're definitely interesting to explore though and I cannot take that away from it. 

• Brohoof 2

Two particular games come to mind: Bloodborne & Bioshock Infinite

I felt that Bloodborne was just disappointing, since there was SO much hype surrounding it. I have only some experience with the Souls games, but I knew from the get-go that Bloodborne would follow their formula, and I still felt let down. 

As for Bioshock Infinite, I was a huge fan of the first two games, with the first one being one of my favourites. I felt that Infinite departed too far from what I had come to appreciate about the first two games, that being things like the atmosphere, themes and setting etc. 

The modern GTA series, which is very odd considering I love Rockstars games like Red Dead, LA Noire, Bully and Midnight Club, as well as the top-down GTAs like GTA2 and Chinatown Wars, but I always get real bored of modern GTA quickly 

I find that I have a hard time getting into LoZ games.  I think the only one I could get really into for a while was Ocarina of Time, I've tried playing BotW but I have a hard time playing it.  It's a BEAUTIFUL game, don't get me wrong...  I also have a hard time getting into the Witcher series, especially W3, maybe because I don't have as much fun with it.  I thoroughly enjoy watching people play it but when I play it, I always die(even on the easiest setting no less!!) which just makes me rage quit after a few times of dying.  Can't wait for Cyberpunk 2077 to come out though!!

I cant get into Racing and fighting games. I like the aspect of collecting Cars and upgrade them and i have fun driving around, but trying to actually beat some of them is just to difficult for me most of the time.

I also tried to beat fighting games, since i kinda grew up with Street Fighter 2, but most of them are also just way to hard for me, specially trying to remember all the combo-attacks.

I also couldnt really get into Silent Hill 2, it was very disappointing to me. But other than the other two things i mentioned, i actually played trough the entirety of that game, i even played the Directors Cut Version as well.

• Brohoof 1

15 minutes ago, Nanotek said:

I cant get into Racing and fighting games. I like the aspect of collecting Cars and upgrade them and i have fun driving around, but trying to actually beat some of them is just to difficult for me most of the time.

I also tried to beat fighting games, since i kinda grew up with Street Fighter 2, but most of them are also just way to hard for me, specially trying to remember all the combo-attacks.

Eeyup, this is me. I loved Gran Turismo and Street Fighter when I was younger, but racing just does not do it for me anymore and I can just never get good at fighting games. 

For particular games and not just genres, Five Nights at Freddy's and Fortnite for certain. I just could not figure them out and their bad controls combined with their luck-based difficulty was something I just could not stand for the life of me. 

• Brohoof 1

I'll also mention that I've struggled to get into sandbox games as a whole. I always get bored with them because it always seems to be hard to come up with things to do in them. I've always found their lack of linearity a little disorienting. It may be because I'm an indecisive person, I don't know.

• Brohoof 1

I just can't play to massive multiplayer games. I don't have enough internet connection to run the majority of them and I get bored very fast when I try some of them. It's mainly the same missions that repeat over and over. And playing with people just doesn't interest me. I won't like having to plan with others when and what to play all the time. :dry:

I find it hard to continuously play Call of Duty anymore. It's weird though, I used to play hours and hours of Call of Duty non-stop without having a single problem but now I rarely even touch those games anymore. Also, I could never get into Battlefield, even though I have Battlefield 1, Battlefield 4, and Battlefield 3.

Maybe I'll snap back into it though, it's off and on - for a few months I'll play one game, and then I'll get bored and start playing another.

Edited by EpicEnergy

Undertale might be the biggest one. Despite its great music and sometimes loveable characters and story, I simply cannot look over the ungodly simplistic RPG mechanics. It just makes the game boring. To me, Undertale is one of the most overrated games ever because of that. Never played Earthbound, but I have heard it was a huge inspiration to Undertale and if Earthbound is just as simplistic, then bleh. Undertale is a game that one can basically watch a playthrough on Youtube and experience most of what the game offers right then and there. Most of the Square or Enix RPG's from 20+ years ago offer so much more depth and customization.

• Brohoof 1

6 minutes ago, Kyoshi said:

Never played Earthbound, but I have heard it was a huge inspiration to Undertale and if Earthbound is just as simplistic, then bleh.

Undertale mostly takes inspiration from Earthbound in terms of humour and a quirky cast of characters. As RPGs, Earthbound is fairly simple too, but its mechanics are more in line with stuff like Mario & Luigi, and is far more fleshed out than Undertale's mechanics.

Baldur's Gate.

I got the whole sha-bang on GOG awhile back.  1 and 2, and then I did the patch-a-ma-jig magic to turn it into the Baldur's Gate Trilogy with increased resolution, widescreen compatibility, and updating 1 with the engine from 2.  I really, really wanted to get huge into these games.  I wanted to lose myself.  Like, I wanted to get addicted.  Like, I was in the friggin' market for some video game heroine, y'know?  (And I'm not talkin' about a female hero...)  Not smart or healthy, but.... yeah.  Anyway, I love the idea of them, and I know they are still considered by many to be the pinnacle of western rpg, and the standard of greatness by which all others are measured.  There's really nothing about them I shouldn't love, buuuut.... I dunno, man.  I started 1, and I put about... I wanna say 20 or so hours into it, and I just fizzled out.  Some things about it definitely frustrated me.  Some clunkiness about the UI, the advanced D&D rules, which, no matter how I tried, I just didn't really get.  Some of the unforgiving nature... eh, I could go into great detail, but I'll spare you.  I just faded away from it.  I can almost guarantee you that if I played these right when they came out, I would have been mega-obsessed, and they would probably to this day remain my all-time favorite games.  But playing them for the first time in 2015 was just....difficult.  I really want to get back to it and continue, and play through the whole saga, but I just don't know if I ever will.  I want to, though.  But there's never enough time.