Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming What video game(s) can you not just get into, no matter how hard you try?

No Longer Here

• 4 weeks later...

I can't get into the Legend of Zelda series as a whole, and I really don't know why. I think OoT is a great game (sure overrated as f*** but still great), and I also liked Link's Awakening. But as a whole I can't get into them for some reason... :confused:

Metroid is another one I remembered. It's weird, because even though it's always looked cool to me, and even though I've always liked Metroidvania-style Castlevania games, it just doesn't grab me. What's also really funny to me is how I was always able to get into the original NES game of Kid Icarus as a kid, enough to beat the whole game, but I just couldn't get into the original NES game of Metroid. 

Edited by CloudMistDragon

Fire Emblem Fates. I’m not too deep into FE, but I like the games enough. However, Fates has been a turn-off with me. Lots of talks about crappy writing and story was a first bad sign, but having a cast of one-note anime cliches, and questionable design in many of them, not helped that Fire Emblem Heroes is basically a Fates spin-off by now made me not want to ever try Fates

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/26/2019 at 4:46 PM, Usager said:

kingdome hearts... something about the main really get me annoyed.

So for me,  it was KH1, I tried to play it a few times and never got into it.   Yet  I did love KH2 in a weird way...

The Witcher series. I tried the third one and the controls didn’t work for me like they did with Skyrim. 

I am liking the KIngdom Hearts series but the camera control on the first one is killing it for me. Hopefully it’s inproved in the second and third game.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Will Guide said:

Metroid and Earthbound. Its genre is not my style of play. 

Same, especially on Metroid. It just isn't for me.

I probably could have gotten into Earthbound, but its lack of any visualization and just using text for battles is really weird and would take a lot of getting used to for me.

Overwatch. I bought it on sale expecting to love it, but I was never able to really enjoy it. It just doesn't feel fun to me, which sucks.

Elder Scrolls Online is another. I love Skyrim (I've got 300+ hours in it), and ESO just feels like a huge disappointment.