Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

music How do you get your MP3s?

FirePuppy

Before 2003, the only way people could get their songs from the Internet were P2P websites, like Napster. To fight this illegal activity, Apple introduced the iTunes Store, allowing people to download songs at a price of a dollar apiece.

Here's the question: How many of you do it the latter way, and how many of you still do it the old way?

I get my music from iTunes and importing CDs. Every once in a while there will be something available only through Amazon MP3, so I'll purchase it through there, but that's rare.

2 hours ago, FirePuppy said:

Before 2003, the only way people could get their songs from the Internet were P2P websites, like Napster. To fight this illegal activity, Apple introduced the iTunes Store, allowing people to download songs at a price of a dollar apiece.

Here's the question: How many of you do it the latter way, and how many of you still do it the old way?

Wouldn't touch an iTunes download if you paid me :)

I still like having physical albums, so I buy the media on Amazon, then can download the mp3s immediately from Autorip. Most of my media is still in shrinkwrap (its not like I have an actual CD player I would play them on :D)

None of the above. I do it via the classic method. Compact discs. That's right. I still do physical media. It's a good idea to have a back up when you loose your MP3s or they get locked when you try to copy them to another device. 

I normally just sometimes download my favorite songs from YouTube on some safe website, but that's all. Once in a while, I'll buy some albums.

From there, I just sync the songs into my phone and listen to them all day long with no WiFi or data needed.

Edited by Sondash Studios
  • Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, TBD said:

Since I don't own smartphone, I still buy CD  and use this old MP3 player to add my music in. 

I have a Moto phone I keep to play my music on. I also use it for online video when I get a good WIFI signal. It doesn't even have a phone number any more. (Metro PCS stinks!) I kept it though, because it has a built in FM radio tuner. I don't think any phones have that any more!

$_35.JPG

Edited by cuteycindyhoney
  • Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

It all depends on the situation for me, and explaining that may be more than what it's worth here.  Google Play is my first choice for MP3, but I will used iTunes and Bandcamp when those are the best or only options.  I do purchase CDs and rip them as well.

• Brohoof 1