Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

32 children among dead in Syria massacre

Deidre Asada

(edited)

More than 90 people, including 32 children, have been killed in a Syrian government "massacre", as William Hague calls for an urgent session of the United Nations Security Council.

http://www.time.com/...2115848,00.html

This is the only decent video I can find on this subject the other videos that I have found where very graphic..

Here is another source of video that I have found about this horrific act.

http://www.kcra.com/...0q/-/index.html

Edited by Deidre Asada

This is despicable.

2 nights ago I ranted about how fucked up the world is and this is a prime example. I don't have it in me to rant about it, but this is HORRIBLE.

• Brohoof 2

32 children? 0.000000467% of earth's approximate population. It sucks, yes, but let's not start a war over it.

• Brohoof 2

Man, I come here to be with ponies. If I wanted inflated and exaggerated bullpoop, I'd watch CNN. Don't get me wrong either, i'm pretty sure they suffered. But as previously posted, compare 32 to X, where X equals the EXPONENTIALLY growing population where a little downsizing is good. Granted, not the way they did it, that was unprofessional. But guess, what? These type of posts will make absolutely ZERO difference to any kind of politics, or my name is Celestia.

I could just care less. I've never even SEEN a friggin' PHOTO of Syria, (nor do I care to) so how can anypony expect random people off the bleedin' street to care.

Probably there's a hundred of children dies everyday in any country due to starvation and poor sanitation, no one give a damn. It's someone' else problem

Then a media say a few dozens of the children dies because of someone's gunpowder.

Big times

Man, I come here to be with ponies. If I wanted inflated and exaggerated bullpoop, I'd watch CNN. Don't get me wrong either, i'm pretty sure they suffered. But as previously posted, compare 32 to X, where X equals the EXPONENTIALLY growing population where a little downsizing is good. Granted, not the way they did it, that was unprofessional. But guess, what? These type of posts will make absolutely ZERO difference to any kind of politics, or my name is Celestia.

I could just care less. I've never even SEEN a friggin' PHOTO of Syria, (nor do I care to) so how can anypony expect random people off the bleedin' street to care.

Probably there's a hundred of children dies everyday in any country due to starvation and poor sanitation, no one give a damn. It's someone' else problem

Then a media say a few dozens of the children dies because of someone's gunpowder.

Big times

1 Death is a tragedy, 1 million is a statistic. - Josef Stalin

Of course this made the news, its simple if you factor in foreign policy and profit motive into it.

• Brohoof 3

It sucks but it is small beans, there are hundreds of thousands of deaths a day.

I know it makes me sound like an asshole but we have much more important things to worry about and we can't do much about it anyway.

• Brohoof 1

1 Death is a tragedy, 1 million is a statistic. - Josef Stalin

Of course this made the news, its simple if you factor in foreign policy and profit motive into it.

Nice qoute from Iosif Vissarionovich Dzhugashvili, well timed. But how would they make $$$ off of a scandal? I believe in these cases, they have to pay reparations.

Big times

Because when an army is targeting civilians, it's different. The government in charge is being shown as irresponsible and dangerous. That's why this is a big deal. When children die from natural causes it's sad, but there is not a person engineering their deaths.

Because when an army is targeting civilians, it's different. The government in charge is being shown as irresponsible and dangerous. That's why this is a big deal. When children die from natural causes it's sad, but there is not a person engineering their deaths.

Then what can we do, exactly?

Unless some of us volunteered to take the arms and fight for the children or donating shitload of cash to protect them, nothing will change :/

Right now as I speak, countless of babies and toddlers are being sold as beast of burden or sex slaves in various countries, but no one give a damn because the media didn't find the news as 'juicy'

Blame the media

Then what can we do, exactly?

Unless some of us volunteered to take the arms and fight for the children or donating shitload of cash to protect them, nothing will change :/

Right now as I speak, countless of babies and toddlers are being sold as beast of burden or sex slaves in various countries, but no one give a damn because the media didn't find the news as 'juicy'

Blame the media

Really, there's little we CAN do, but it's news. Individuals selling children is not the same as a government actively targeting civilians. Now, if Syria was caught prostituting young children, would that not be huge news?

Really, there's little we CAN do, but it's news. Individuals selling children is not the same as a government actively targeting civilians. Now, if Syria was caught prostituting young children, would that not be huge news?

If there's an exploitable oil reserve there, why not? :ph34r:

I generally avoid endorsing such a pessimistic view of the world, but you do have a point. The Syrian Civil War ("uprising"... let's not kid ourselves) is a complex multi-factional conflict. The two main players; the Syrian military and the FSA, are both known to commit atrocities. In this sort of situation it is difficult to say which side is in the right, if any.

Assad could've ended this a year ago through a negotiated solution. There was some hope for peace then. Now, it's hard to see any sort of peaceful conclusion to this sordid affair. If Assad falls, hell will be unleashed on the supporters, however reluctant, of his regime. But for Assad to keep power, he may have to raze half the country.

The best possible scenario short of a miracle is this: a forced ceasefire, maybe forced by international intervention (mere sanctions won't work). Assad deposed and put on trial along with major military and rebel leaders while a caretaker unity government is set up through quiet negotiation, maybe under international mediation, and a general amnesty granted to low-level political prisoners and rebel fighters (those not involved in atrocities).

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Typical UN f**kup.

They specifically asked for peacekeepers, or at the very least observers, to be present, hoping that the blue hemets would give them at least some measure of protection.

But what happens? They show up the next f***ing day.

Some have prompted international condemnation, sometimes in "the strongest possible terms,"

Yes, the UN has written a very strongly worded letter telling Syria how much they dissaprove of these killings and how Syria should please make it their priority that perhaps they should try to stop them. If that's not too much trouble...

Please...

There is a reason I don't believe in the United Nations. Many of them are similar to why I think the League of Nations was also pathetic.

Honestly, this world is wrapped up in so much cotton woll garnished with red tape that people are seemingly incapable of growing some balls and actually doing something halfway effective.

There was a call for another Friends of Syria conference but previous meetings have pledged various forms of support that many activists say have yet to materialize.

Why am I not surprised? Edited by Raptor_a22

Typical UN f**kup.

What do you expect when you create a peacekeeping organisation that lacks peacekeeping capabilities.

There is a reason I don't believe in the United Nations. Many of them are similar to why I think the League of Nations was also pathetic.

The United Nations does well as a coordinator for global projects that everyone thinks is a good idea, like eradicating smallpox, or saving archaeological sites. But whenever there's a conflict of interests, especially anything involving governments, ideologies, money, land and/or resources, it tends to fail spectacularly.

Were we honestly expecting Annan's plan to work? Everyone wanted it too, but everyone silently knew it would fail.

Syria is officially in a state of civil war; you don't need observers to see that. The West has two options: Back the FSA wholeheartedly to end the war in two weeks, or just stay out and let Syrians solve their own problems. The FSA could use some arms, I suppose, but they don't have the supply shortages they had at their creation.