Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

32 children among dead in Syria massacre

Deidre Asada

(edited)

Fucking disgusting.

Both the act committed and the way some of you users are treating it.

I'm not even going to go off on this. The internet has demonstrated to me countless times that anything irrelevant to a person's interests falls upon deaf ears. I've lost respect for some of our members.

Edited by Guest

Well what do you suggest we do Lobstarr? I'm all ears for any suggestions that will actually make some sort of difference.

If anything I think that media sensationalism is to blame for peoples pessimistic reactions. Were all tired of bad news.

Well what do you suggest we do Lobstarr? I'm all ears for any suggestions that will actually make some sort of difference.

If anything I think that media sensationalism is to blame for peoples pessimistic reactions. Were all tired of bad news.

Pressure our governments for international intervention helps. I'm not sure if an invasion of Syria would be the right thing given the circumstances, but it's something.

My face when someone blaming internet pessimistic for this kind of tragedy

Posted Image

Oh, please, don't act all high like an Internet Jedi and say that everyone must do something when nobody here actually give a damn other than typing words on a thread.

Were we honestly expecting Annan's plan to work? Everyone wanted it too, but everyone silently knew it would fail.

Syria is officially in a state of civil war; you don't need observers to see that. The West has two options: Back the FSA wholeheartedly to end the war in two weeks, or just stay out and let Syrians solve their own problems. The FSA could use some arms, I suppose, but they don't have the supply shortages they had at their creation.

Annan was either scoring political points or being a huge naive retard. I'm inclined towards the former.

Fucking disgusting.

Both the act committed and the way some of you users are treating it.

I'm not even going to go off on this. The internet has demonstrated to me countless times that anything irrelevant to a person's interests falls upon deaf ears. I've lost respect for some of our members.

There are many flaws regarding the Syria situation. I believe "internet users" isn't one of them though. Personally, I wouldn't approach the issue at all, just send my condolences and be on my way. If I was advising on this issue though, I would look at this with a cost-benefit standpoint, as well as gains in terms of foreign policy. Children do not factor at all in the top decisions, other than perhaps being useful propaganda to sway the population towards interventionism, therefore giving government a de facto mandate for bolder moves they wouldn't otherwise try. Its politics, and its hated by most, but that's how it is.
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

*snip*

There are many flaws regarding the Syria situation. I believe "internet users" isn't one of them though.

*snip*

Its politics, and its hated by most, but that's how it is.

More than 90 people died in a massacre. I read comments that told others to get over it. I knows it's not a flaw regarding the Syrian situation -- it's simply something that rustles my jimmies. Human life isn't something you can just throw away. Edited by Guest

More than 90 people died in a massacre. I read comments that told others to get over it. I knows it's not a flaw regarding the Syrian situation -- it's simply something that rustles my jimmies. Human life isn't something you can just throw away.

Well I can't formulate a response without being cynical or condescending. Even saying "I disagree" is out of the question, with that last sentence. I'll pass on rustling the jimmies this time...

(edited)

Well I can't formulate a response without being cynical or condescending. Even saying "I disagree" is out of the question, with that last sentence. I'll pass on rustling the jimmies this time...

post-2915-0-28516500-1338149943.png

... That's the only bit of humor I'll add to this thread.

Edited by Guest