Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Making Christmas Merrier Trivia.

Ganondorf8

Even on Christmas... I have tasks to perform here.

Welcome to the Making Christmas Merrier - MCM - Trivia on the MLP Forums.

Surprise!

Just when you thought you had seen everything there was to this year's MCM extravaganza, this little project has been worked on so as to give you all that little bit of extra fun that comes at this time of year. So... You wish to have a special badge dedicated to MCM? Of course you do otherwise you wouldn't even be looking at this thread right now. This time, the questions are based on Hearth's Warming/Christmas. Yes, I said Christmas. That's because the Equestria Girls Holiday 2014 Special from IDW is being included. I know it's a controversial comic to many but then, I'm the one who chose to include it here.

Anyway, aside from that special, the remaining questions are taken from the Hearth's Warming themed episodes from Friendship is Magic and the 2015 FiM Holiday Special comic. Oh, and we even included a question from "It's a Pony kind of Christmas"--That's your only hint for that one. This time, there are sixteen questions for you of varying difficulty. There is no bonus question here so instead, you will need to answer twelve out of sixteen to receive a badge, so don't see this as a daunting task.

Now... who do you submit your answers to? I know! Send your answers to @Bori, of the Gift Givers of the Grove. She told me that she had some free time to spare and is more than willing to look at your answers to determine how well you did. Again, @Bori is the one you send your answers to. Unlike previous trivia challenges, this one will last for the next five days. I'm giving you an extra day because, well, it's the holidays. I'm sure you don't need me to explain that.

Are you ready for this? Good. Then have fun.

Q1: What did her true friends get Pinkie Pie on the 5th Day of Christmas?

Q2: What does Snowfall Frost think a better Equestria looks like?

Q3: What did Snowfall Frost get Snow-Dash for Hearths Warming?

Q4: What does a scarf present mean?(that one's easy)

Q5. Who are the six founders of Equestria?

Q6. What are the names of the 'kingdoms' each of the key founders wanted to call what would one day become Equestria?

Q7. Prince Rutherford tells what to Pinkie Pie when she has trouble finding the perfect gift for Twilight?

Q8. What disasters affected Twilight's castle during 'The Best Gift Ever'?

Q9. Each of the Mane Six, Spike, and Discord had to get a gift for their pony. What were the gifts?

Q10. Who caused the problem in 'Hearth's Warming Club' and why did they do it?

Q11. In Hearthbreakers, we are introduced to Pinkie Pie's family. What are their names?

Q12. The 2015 My Little Pony Holiday Special comic from IDW featured three stories. What happens in each of them? (A brief description or a lengthy one, your choice.)

Q13. What is the name of the website that the students of Canterlot High use to share photos, status updates, and make friends?

Q14. During Rarity's sleepover party, what did she call her collection of awful outfits?

Q15. Sunset Shimmer mentions what regarding her family to Applejack?

Q16. Twilight tells Sunset about the 'Legend of the Windigos'. What is this legend about? (Full description) 

• Brohoof 4

1 hour ago, Bas said:

How many of these are answerable with just knowing the show and movies?

All of them are. You're only combing through the Hearth's Warming episodes, the two holiday specials comics, and the one soundtrack CD.

• Brohoof 1

Q1 -Q11 I can answer with no problem, but the others are going to give me trouble... :sealed:

I have the 2014 EQG Holiday Comic which answers Q13. Although I wonder what the other comic is?

Tonight's Christmas Dinner, so I'll be ready to give this a go tomorrow. Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night.

• Brohoof 1

58 minutes ago, Bas said:

Was talking about answering without having access to the bold ones.

If you want the badge, you would need to answer some of those questions because you need to get twelve out of sixteen correct.

1 hour ago, Will Guide said:

Q1 -Q11 I can answer with no problem, but the others are going to give me trouble... :sealed:

I have the 2014 EQG Holiday Comic which answers Q13. Although I wonder what the other comic is?

Tonight's Christmas Dinner, so I'll be ready to give this a go tomorrow. Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night.

The other comic is the 2015 Holiday Special.

• Brohoof 1

Q9

By Gifts, you mean what the M7 plus Discord got for each other in the end? Because some of them didn't quite get what they wanted. My clarification is this: is it what they ended up giving to each other that's the answer or is it what they intended to get for their HWH? I feel like I could provide both versions of the answers if I'm allowed?

• Brohoof 1

I have never so much as seen the covers of the comics mentioned. There's no way I can do this. There should have been two lists of questions. On for the animation fans, and another for the comic book fans. I bet I'm not the only one who loves the series, but never even looked at the comics.

sigh.

Edited by cuteycindyhoney
  • Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, cuteycindyhoney said:

I have never so much as seen the covers of the comics mentioned. There's no way I can do this. There should have been two lists of questions. On for the animation fans, and another for the comic book fans. I bet I'm not the only one who loves the series, but never even looked at the comics.

sigh.

I never read any of the comics but search on a specific site helped me answering the comic ones.

• Brohoof 2

16 hours ago, Will Guide said:

Q9

By Gifts, you mean what the M7 plus Discord got for each other in the end? Because some of them didn't quite get what they wanted. My clarification is this: is it what they ended up giving to each other that's the answer or is it what they intended to get for their HWH? I feel like I could provide both versions of the answers if I'm allowed?

In this case, it would be the gifts they were going to get for their respective pony, not what they got in the end.

5 hours ago, cuteycindyhoney said:

sigh.

The comic questions can be answered. You would need to look them up on the MLP Wiki, the comics online, or other places. You need not have a physical copy of the comics because the information is accessible through other means.

• Brohoof 1

20 minutes ago, Bas said:

Q1: What did her true friends get Pinkie Pie on the 5th Day of Christmas?

From which episode is that?

Esp. because of Xmas and not HWE.

Also, is the last question from the comics? Because those above are, but I recall it was explained in the series.

Q1. Is actually from the soundtrack.

And yeah, you might want to check the 2014 EQG Holiday comic for the last one 

• Brohoof 1

7 hours ago, Deae Rising Shine~ said:

I never read any of the comics but search on a specific site helped me answering the comic ones.

4 hours ago, Ganondorf8 said:

In this case, it would be the gifts they were going to get for their respective pony, not what they got in the end.

The comic questions can be answered. You would need to look them up on the MLP Wiki, the comics online, or other places. You need not have a physical copy of the comics because the information is accessible through other means.

That feels too much like cheating.

• Brohoof 1

3 hours ago, cuteycindyhoney said:

That feels too much like cheating.

Not really. The idea behind these trivia challenges is to do research by looking up this information.

• Brohoof 1

Q16 asks for "full description", does that mean the full story as told by Twi to Sunset in EqG? or just the whole backstory of the Windigos as heard in the earliest Hearth's Warming Eve episode?

..nvm I just put them both, just to be sure~

Edited by Feather Spiral
decided to go for both
  • Brohoof 1

3 hours ago, Feather Spiral said:

Q16 asks for "full description", does that mean the full story as told by Twi to Sunset in EqG? or just the whole backstory of the Windigos as heard in the earliest Hearth's Warming Eve episode?

..nvm I just put them both, just to be sure~

It would be the story as depicted in the comic.

• Brohoof 1

3 hours ago, cuteycindyhoney said:

How much more time do I have. Maybe I'll delve into it tomorrow.

You have until 9:00pm PST on December 31. I decided to give everyone an extra day because it's the holidays and all.

• Brohoof 2

5 hours ago, Merry Brony 2A said:

I have all the comics, what issues is 15 and 16 in?

The last four questions are from the 2014 EQG Holiday Special.

On another note, we do have a badge associated with this event. It just took some time for it to be created. The question now is... who will end up getting Smart Cookie.

• Brohoof 1

33 minutes ago, Ganondorf8 said:

The last four questions are from the 2014 EQG Holiday Special.

On another note, we do have a badge associated with this event. It just took some time for it to be created. The question now is... who will end up getting Smart Cookie.

I thought so about the question source. Well, I still have 2 or 3 days from this points and have already laid out the questions and answered some of them. I should be done before the deadline on New Year's Eve. :)

• Brohoof 1

36 minutes ago, Will Guide said:

I thought so about the question source. Well, I still have 2 or 3 days from this points and have already laid out the questions and answered some of them. I should be done before the deadline on New Year's Eve. :)

That will give you four days roughly which should be more than enough time.

• Brohoof 1

Oh my, a new trivia challenge! I was too busy to take on the last one and it looks like the same will be the case here. I can't keep up with the cool activities just yet, but I wanted to wish the best of luck to all of you who can.

Happy Hearthwarming! :raritycutehat:

• Brohoof 3