Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

From TV series to specials?

FlareGun45

Yunno what I'm starting to think? Season 9 may be the last season, but I don't think the series is ending there! Yeah the TV series, but what if the devs are slowly transitioning to specials instead? I mean even if Hasbro decides to move to G5, G4 is still making them a ton of money, and it would be a shame to end their largest money-making scheme, it wouldn't be smart of them! However, perhaps they might start making specials all the time instead, and Best Gift Ever is just the start of them! They already retired the movies in Equestria Girls for the specials, so maybe that's the plan for FIM too?

1 hour ago, Steve Piranha said:

The leaks have shown there will be coming at least two FIM specials after the season. Anything past that is the end of FIM as far as it's known at the moment

Two? Why not three? End the series with a trilogy, all connected! 

If the final specials are received well, who's to say Hasbro won't stick to making more of those for a couple of years before finally stopping?

Or better yet, give us another movie. But if any of the leaks are to be trusted, then we need to take into consideration the possibility that another movie will in fact be focused on G5.

Though you know what would be a cool way to transition? Make G4 and G5 alternate yet coexisting universes, kinda like the world of ponies and the world of Equestria Girls. Picture G4 Twilight running experiments on the magic mirror in her free time and accidentally finding a way to send herself to a world that's filled with ponies, yet... different. Different enough that the first pony from this other world to greet alicorn Twilight is an earth pony Twilight.

They can always go back to generation four as a means of a reunion if they wished to further expand on it which is where the specials idea comes in.

it's possible. Best analogy I can think of is the FoxTrot comic strip which ended its daily run in 2006 but continues today as a Sunday only strip.

I feel like even if popularity has dwindled, this iteration of MLP is still one of their most lucrative properties and they wouldn't want to give it up just like that.

• Brohoof 1

On 12/26/2018 at 9:24 PM, Prospekt said:

If the final specials are received well, who's to say Hasbro won't stick to making more of those for a couple of years before finally stopping?

Or better yet, give us another movie. But if any of the leaks are to be trusted, then we need to take into consideration the possibility that another movie will in fact be focused on G5.

Yeah, more Toon Boon horses. Gimmee Toon Boon horses :unamused:

It would be wise of Hasbro to keep things going after G4 with a few specials. If nothing else it would help keep fans engaged while G5 and the next rumored movie are in production. Supposedly the movie would bridge G4 and G5, and keeping the franchise fresh for fans of both generations would be a smart move. Some of my favorite cartoon series (Tiny Toons, Animaniacs) kept their characters alive with some really great specials after their initial run. I hope MLP will do the same thing.

• Brohoof 2