Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

G5 name changes?

heavens-champion

9 hours ago, Midnight Solace said:

If they are going to change the names, I think G5 won't be the MLP we know right now.

Isn't that more or less a given thing regardless of if they change the names or not? I mean, the names are the least of the things they're gonna change. There's talk about Twilight being an earth pony, for example. 

Twilight Sparkle = Reads-too-much

Rainbow Dash = Speedy McNeedy

Rarity = Snooty Booty

Fluttershy = Scared-of-own-shadow

Pinkie Pie = Spokespony for the Center for Diabetes research

Applejack = Apple A. McAppleton

Spike = Useless

It depends. If the characters kept their personalities and were recognizable as the same ponies as their past selves, keeping the names would be a good idea. But if they were going to change them drastically, I'd rather see them use completely new names.

Edited by Tacodidra
  • Brohoof 2

• 1 year later...
On 12/28/2018 at 5:19 AM, Stinky Pinkie said:

I can't even remember the names of the student 6. How am I supposed to remember the new names of the mane 6 then? :-D

Same here. I think one was called Boulder?

Spoiler

:smolder:

I predict it will be a division between G4 and G5 anyways. If the old names are left in G5, Bronies of the older generation will have difficulty protecting their known characters from the newer generation of fans (they will come up with some cool name to call themselves).
But if the new generation has new names, the fanbase will be split anyways, into two groups, with only a narrow part of it liking both generations.

Remember, new kids in the 8 year old range will claim G5 as unique and good (world changing!), and they will have priority over us on how to interpret their precious MLP characters that they will grow up to.
But on the other side, we have public Bronies that lives off their Youtube channels, and they will try to claim MLP too (we know Hasbro, we know the voice actors, we know it was meant for us). Only in a perfect world of harmony will there be just one group of happy people.

G5 should be called G5 only if it is completely a new take on G4 or MLP. Else it will be some G4.5 stuff that I am sure will end up being confusing.

I am of course staying for the drama. *shakes head*

(edited)

G5 definately relies on G4's success and it's fans, so the characters would be recognizable. If not, I would be more interested, becaust it means they got something to prove on their own.

Edited by Sepul-Coloratura

• 3 weeks later...

Twilight Sparkle -> Dirtswift Drifty
Fluttershy -> Angelpon-3
Rarity -> Fashion Darling
Rainbow Dash -> Thunderswift Lightningstorm
Pinkie Pie -> Partiloo Piff
Applejack -> Applebloomer

• Brohoof 1

• 2 months later...

I don't see why they'd change their names. :huh: If it ain't broke, don't fix it, they've maintained that attitude for a lot of characters since G1, like Pinkie Pie, Rainbow Dash, and Spike. It would also create needless issues with marketing, people prefer to buy toys based on characters with familiar names. 

Why do we need the name ponies amyways? Hasbro needs to create some new names and stereotypes for us to follow. We already had 9 seasons, humanized versions, and tiny cats.