Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Will the topic of alt. Sunset ever be addressed?

ManaMinori

The human world Sunset Shimmer is still MIA, even though we've seen human world Twilight. Do you guys think Hasbro will tackle the long awaited question of what happened to her, in a future short or movie?

• Brohoof 1

I don't think they have any plans on addressing this issue. Given how far we've come since Equestria Girls first started over five years ago, you'd think it would've been addressed after Sci-Twi was introduced to the series. Instead, that never happened so forgive me for thinking that it isn't going to any time soon. It would be nice if they did decide to bring it up even if it were nothing more than one of those throwaway hints.

• Brohoof 1

11 hours ago, Nightmare Muffin said:

The human world Sunset Shimmer is still MIA, even though we've seen human world Twilight. Do you guys think Hasbro will tackle the long awaited question of what happened to her, in a future short or movie?

This is my (dark) headcanon. Twilight and the rest forgave Sunset for EVERYTHING. When Sunset arrived in the human world, she stepped right into human Sunset's life...

There was a new off-ramp being constructed at the nearby expressway. There was a lot of concrete being poured. I'll leave the rest for the reader's imagination.

They have a format now which might make it easier to address that, given that they're not forced to pick just one story for an entire year. But the people writing Equestria Girls have never been particularly interested in complicating Sunset's existence in that world, so I wouldn't count on it. I do hope to be proven wrong, however. 

• Brohoof 1

Well, G4 Megan Williams is canon, Sunny got back to Equestria briefly, and not only she’s going back, SHE’S BRINGING FRIENDS :catface:. So now that we are unexpectedly getting the first two known humans goin’ four legs good, maybe we’ll see Human Sunny one  :fluttershy:

Wait, wait... I figured this out once.  I forget the math now, but I believe that pony Sunny is several years older than pony Twilight, since she was Tia's student before Twilight.  This would mean that human Sunny would be the same amount older than the humane 6, which means that human Sunny probably graduated from high school right around the time that pony Sunny entered the human world.  So, the simple answer for why we never saw human Sunny is that she had already graduated and is now just living her life, working some job someplace.  But this begs the question of why the faculty never noticed that Sunny graduated, then shortly after, another Sunny started attending CHS again.  But who knows, maybe human Sunny never went to CHS or Crystal Prep.  Is there some hard and fast rule that all off the human counterparts need to be connected in close proximity?  For all we know, human Sunny might not even lived in the same part of the country as the humane 6.

I really wish they would address this, though.  I think it would be really fun to have the two Sunsets meet.

On 12/29/2018 at 11:20 PM, cuteycindyhoney said:

This is my (dark) headcanon. Twilight and the rest forgave Sunset for EVERYTHING. When Sunset arrived in the human world, she stepped right into human Sunset's life...

There was a new off-ramp being constructed at the nearby expressway. There was a lot of concrete being poured. I'll leave the rest for the reader's imagination.

Lol.  Yeah, I actually always had a similar headcanon.  I always believed that pony Sunny killed human Sunny and assumed her identity upon first entering the human world.  It's the only explanation that really makes sense.  It would explain why everyone at CHS never blinked an eye or noticed that anything was amiss.  Human Sunny goes to school on a Tuesday, pony Sunny goes to school on Wednesday... and human Sunny is never seen again!  :wau::laugh:

I get that it is kind of a big glaring question at this point, but I am not sure that I want to see it get addressed.  I feel that it might come off as being a retread of what the franchise has already done with pony Twilight and human world Twilight.

I REALLY hope it does get addressed. 

All the ideas the writers and animators could experiment with is just too big for it not to be addressed. I do think it would be a great finale if they are saving it up for that (which I hope they are). 

1 hour ago, cmarston1 said:

I get that it is kind of a big glaring question at this point, but I am not sure that I want to see it get addressed.  I feel that it might come off as being a retread of what the franchise has already done with pony Twilight and human world Twilight.

I mean, I’d still like the show to do more with the Twilights. What I’m hoping is that human Sunset never reformed - that would make for a good confrontation.

4 hours ago, AlexanderThrond said:

I mean, I’d still like the show to do more with the Twilights. What I’m hoping is that human Sunset never reformed - that would make for a good confrontation.

I am torn on this because while I think it would be fun to see Sci Twi and princess Twilight interact, I also like that EQG has grown to the point where it doesn't need to be all that connected to FiM for the most part.  But than again I don't think having her appear in a short would hurt very much, and having the two Twilights interact could make for some funny interactions.

I have to agree with you that human world Sunset being someone who wasn't reformed would be an interesting direction to take that storyline.  Outside of making it feel distinct from what has been done with the two Twilights to avoid feeling like a retread, I feel that this would be a good way to showcase Sunset's growth as a character.  Which is why that if it were to be a plotline, I feel like it would take place at the or near end of the franchise/this generation's version of the franchise.

3 hours ago, cmarston1 said:

I am torn on this because while I think it would be fun to see Sci Twi and princess Twilight interact, I also like that EQG has grown to the point where it doesn't need to be all that connected to FiM for the most part.  But than again I don't think having her appear in a short would hurt very much, and having the two Twilights interact could make for some funny interactions.

The show can be independent without severing itself. I mean, princess Twilight did appear in a special just last year.

Edited by AlexanderThrond

• 7 months later...

Unfortunately, I don't think we are ever going to see human Sunset because if we did, that would mean that pony Sunset would need to go back to her own world for good like pony Twilight and dragon Spike, and I kind of doubt that the writers would want the main main character of EQG to be gone from the franchise especially since the writers seem to have refused to let Sunset even have a background cameo in FiM.  It would have been interesting and probably funny though. :sunny:

• 7 months later...

It needs to be addressed! There is no reason at this point, while Sunset Shimmer would be only one, while everyone else is two characters. :secret: