Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Mystery Science Theater 3000.

CastletonSnob

I can't be the only one on here who likes this show. For those who don't know, the show is about a guy who's shot into space and forced to watch bad movies. He builds robots who help him make fun of the movie.

It's a weird premise, but it works wonderfully.

For newcomers, I recommend the episodes Space Mutiny, Werewolf, Cave Dwellers and Pod People.

• Brohoof 1

MST3K has to be one of the greatest sci-fi shows made in the past 20-30 years. It has influenced so many people into doing movie reviews. A lot of the big reviewers on YouTube wouldn’t be doing what they do without MST3K. Manos: The Hands Of Fate, Prince Of Space, and ones that @VG_Addict has listed are highly recommended to watch.

14 hours ago, Twilight Luna said:

I was surprised that they never did Yor: Hunter From the Future. It deserved a goof riffing.

It even has Blast Hardcheese Slab Bulkhead  Bolt Vanderhuge Reb Brown.

I can't believe they never did The Giant Claw. It just feels like it would have been a no-brainer for the show. It's a cheesy sci-fi movie from the 50s. 

I just watched this scene of Yor: 

This movie would have made for an AMAZING episode. The jokes they could do for this scene alone.

Edited by VG_Addict

6 hours ago, VG_Addict said:

I can't be the only one on here who likes this show. For those who don't know, the show is about a guy who's shot into space and forced to watch bad movies. He builds robots who help him make fun of the movie.

It's a weird premise, but it works wonderfully.

For newcomers, I recommend the episodes Space Mutiny, Werewolf, Cave Dwellers and Pod People.

Oh God! I'm a MST3K fan! A Misty, as it were. Every year at this time I HAVE to watch "Santa Claus Conquers the Martians" 

5 hours ago, VG_Addict said:

My personal favorite episodes are Eegah and Mitchell. 

"Watch out for snakes!"

(How the heck did I remember that!)

Edited by cuteycindyhoney

The best MST3K episodes are the ones with movies that are funny even without Joel/Mike and the Bots. Space Mutiny, Werewolf, Time Chasers, Cave Dwellers and Teenagers From Outer Space are bad movies, but they're still watchable by themselves.

Edited by VG_Addict

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...