Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Will the issue of Starswirl be addressed before FiM ends?

ManaMinori

So for the longest time now, we've seen a lot of things happening as a result of Starswirl the Bearded's carelessness or thoughtlessness, or as a result from his protege, Clover the Clever's interference. The Sirens, for example, and his banishing them to other worlds to wreak havoc in other dimensions, which was a result of his messing with magical portal gateways in the first place. Or Clover's messing with bringing over memory erasing magic from Equestria into the human world to ultimately create the conflict in "Forgotten Friendship". Do you think FiM will address these issues and have Starswirl (and/ or Clover, if he's found) face responsibilities for their past actions and having to permanently seal off any open portals to other worlds, and destroy what spells they created, to prevent anyone else from endangering other worlds through banishment and equestrian magic in the future?

• Brohoof 1

I don’t believe they will address either. They were simple devices to briefly mention how x wound up in y. Unless there is another needed reason or a cool idea that the staff want to write that makes this necessary, it won’t be addressed. However they may have more of these unforeseen consequence based stories since they are pretty common in general, especially in FiM. 

12 hours ago, cuteycindyhoney said:

Not to pick nits, but I always thought Clover the Clever was a mare.

It was shown he was a stallion in Forgotten Friendship. :mlp_smug:

Spoiler

1719672.jpeg

Clover the Clever is Princess Platinum's royal advisor and Star Swirl the Bearded's apprentice. Twilight Sparkle plays him in the Hearth's Warming Eve pageant.

http://mlp.wikia.com/wiki/Founders_of_Equestria

Edited by Hierok

20 hours ago, Nightmare Muffin said:

So for the longest time now, we've seen a lot of things happening as a result of Starswirl the Bearded's carelessness or thoughtlessness, or as a result from his protege, Clover the Clever's interference. The Sirens, for example, and his banishing them to other worlds to wreak havoc in other dimensions, which was a result of his messing with magical portal gateways in the first place. Or Clover's messing with bringing over memory erasing magic from Equestria into the human world to ultimately create the conflict in "Forgotten Friendship". Do you think FiM will address these issues and have Starswirl (and/ or Clover, if he's found) face responsibilities for their past actions and having to permanently seal off any open portals to other worlds, and destroy what spells they created, to prevent anyone else from endangering other worlds through banishment and equestrian magic in the future?

What?! And forever locked the Equestria Girls and Sunset away from her friends? With all due respect of opinion, permanently sealing off both worlds is not a good idea!

People make mistakes, but if you seriously trying to play the blame game on Starswirl or Clover like that without acknowledging the fact that our heroes were always able to fix the problem, then I have reason to believe that you're just looking for something to complain about rather than appreciate the fact that despite problems always happening, there's always a way to fairly fix them. 

My point: Don't play the blame game. When bad things happen, you deal with them and maybe grow wiser and stronger from said bad experience.

There's a reason we have the word, "Forgive"

Edited by Will Guide

Here is the issue with that. Starswirl (and Clover because of that) thought that the human world was completely devoid of magic. We know that isn't true but can't really blame him for putting the needs of his world above the worlds of others.

Call me a monster but if there was a terror spreading destruction and terror across my world and I found a way to banish them to a world where they would be objectively much weaker and incapable of spreading the same terror. I would do that. 

2 hours ago, Will Guide said:

What?! And forever locked the Equestria Girls and Sunset away from her friends? With all due respect of opinion, permanently sealing off both worlds is not a good idea!

People make mistakes, but if you seriously trying to play the blame game on Starswirl or Clover like that without acknowledging the fact that our heroes were always able to fix the problem, then I have reason to believe that you're just looking for something to complain about rather than appreciate the fact that despite problems always happening, there's always a way to fairly fix them. 

My point: Don't play the blame game. When bad things happen, you deal with them and maybe grow wiser and stronger from said bad experience.

There's a reason we have the word, "Forgive"

FYI, there is magic that has been shown to transcend dimensions, even if Sunset must stay back in her own world. The journal she took with her to keep in touch with Celestia in Rainbow Rocks, and still uses to write to Twilight. She could replicate that and still k.i.t. with her friends from the human world.

Starswirl and Clover are the ones who should be responsible, as they set things in motion with all their interference. Just because someone else has the power to fix the problem doesn't dismiss what they did.

1 hour ago, cuteycindyhoney said:

I like Clover the Clever better as a mare. I may be wrong, but I'm happy with the thought.

It's just that just because Clover was played by Twilight in the S2 episode with the Hearthswarming Eve play, that doesn't mean Clover was a mare. They was always refer to as "Clover the Clever". They never actually said their gender in the episode. Like how Commander Hurricane was said to be a stallion despite being played by Rainbow Dash, a Mare. ("Yes, Commander Hurricane, sir.")

20 minutes ago, Nightmare Muffin said:

FYI, there is magic that has been shown to transcend dimensions, even if Sunset must stay back in her own world. The journal she took with her to keep in touch with Celestia in Rainbow Rocks, and still uses to write to Twilight. She could replicate that and still k.i.t. with her friends from the human world.

Starswirl and Clover are the ones who should be responsible, as they set things in motion with all their interference. Just because someone else has the power to fix the problem doesn't dismiss what they did.

You missed my point: it'd be better if people would stop playing the blame game. It makes you look like a whiny child.

Starswirl did apologize.  ("I'll be handing out a lot of apologies.) Just because we don't see it onscreen, that doesn't mean he's not taking some responsibility.

Edited by Will Guide

4 minutes ago, Will Guide said:

It's just that just because Clover was played by Twilight in the S2 episode with the Hearthswarming Eve play, that doesn't mean Clover was a mare. They was always refer to as "Clover the Clever". They never actually said their gender in the episode. Like how Commander Hurricane was said to be a stallion despite being played by Rainbow Dash, a Mare. ("Yes, Commander Hurricane, sir.")

a884e2b591fde8eb054d4686b8340fb2.jpg

@Nightmare Muffin

By your flawed logic, Sunset should be hated because it was her stealing Twilight's Crown in the first that brought Equestrian Magic to the EQG World. Before that, the Sirens themselves even said, "we could only gain so much power here." Once they realized Equestrian Magic was now in the world were the Sirens able to become a threat again. Heck, by your insane logic, everyone who made a bad decision should be given the third degree and blame for everything that goes wrong.

Well, that's NOT how life works. Everyone makes mistakes. And when one makes a mistake, they need to be allowed to fix it and leave the past in the past. Complaining about what happened in the past is just going to keep you from looking for ways to live in the present and improve the future.