Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you think Trixie has friends?

Senko

I was thinking about the fact pony Trixie's first friend as an adult mare and Trixie's appearances in the speciesl especially her heart to heart with Sunset in forgotten friendship which got me wondering do you think she has any friends?

It's possible... she seems like someone who wouldn't be very good at making friends, due to her general demeanour, but she was also quick to help out Sunset once the latter opened up to her, so she does seem somewhat empathetic. My guess would be that Sunset was indeed one of Trixie's first real friends, if only because others either didn't have the patience for her or because she wanted others to admire her rather than befriend her. 

• Brohoof 2

13 hours ago, AlexanderThrond said:

It's possible... she seems like someone who wouldn't be very good at making friends, due to her general demeanour, but she was also quick to help out Sunset once the latter opened up to her, so she does seem somewhat empathetic. My guess would be that Sunset was indeed one of Trixie's first real friends, if only because others either didn't have the patience for her or because she wanted others to admire her rather than befriend her. 

She had enough charisma to put a band together when she wanted to. If she was a complete nobody in the school, it's unlikely anybody would have been interested. If she parallels her pony life at all, I'd take a guess that she's in drama class, and might even have had a lead role or two.

• Brohoof 1

Trixie will probably want "friends" that'll kiss her flank. I mean, we know how arrogant and narcissistic she is.

I've always theorized that Trixie actually has an inferiority complex and she compensates by showing off, as a way to make her feel admired and appreciated due to her lack of sense of purpose.
A superiority complexes is a psychological defense mechanism that compensates for an inferiority complex, in case you didn't know.
 :-P

3 hours ago, BornAgainBrony said:

She had enough charisma to put a band together when she wanted to. If she was a complete nobody in the school, it's unlikely anybody would have been interested. If she parallels her pony life at all, I'd take a guess that she's in drama class, and might even have had a lead role or two.

That's fair, though perhaps whatever social influence she had in the school wasn't quite the same as friendship. 

• Brohoof 1

She does't seem to be hanging around those two at other times in the specials they're there as back up band members but I don't think they're friends. She definately is insecure and longs for real magic. Look at her asking the birds to teach her after Fluttershy gets their help or the talk she has wtih Sunset about wanting people to see her as great because she doesn't think she is.

• 2 months later...

I doubt it. Everyone at Canterlot High knows she's a fraud, not to mention she's been getting progressively lazier as time goes on. Behind all the narcissism, witty comments and rabbits in hats, she's just a little girl in an outfit crying for mommy and daddy, and her turn in the spotlight. It'd be funny if it weren't so pathetic.

Edited by Literatel
  • Brohoof 1

19 minutes ago, Literatel said:

I doubt it. Everyone at Canterlot High knows she's a fraud, not to mention she's been getting progressively lazier as time goes on. Behind all the narcissism, witty comments, and rabbits in hats, she's just a little girl in an outfit crying for Mommy and Daddy, and her turn in the spotlight. It'd be funny if it weren't so pathetic.

I think Trixie has self-esteem and self-worth issues. In this case, the showing off she does is just her coping mechanism, and the cheering and praise she gets from preforming gives her a sense of worth, purpose, and meaning. Her narcissism and arrogance would appear to be a defense mechanism from criticism that she sees is a means of putting her down. :mlp_huh:

It just goes to show you that, everypony has a deeper side to them, and so-called bullies are more victim than bad people/ponies. :please:

I honestly dont think so...In the past she was known for being a bold and outgoing person but it never seamed to make anypony like her in particular except for the people/ponies who absolutely understood her

41 minutes ago, Millennium Shadow said:

I think Trixie has self-esteem and self-worth issues. In this case, the showing off she does is just her coping mechanism, and the cheering and praise she gets from preforming gives her a sense of worth, purpose, and meaning. Her narcissism and arrogance would appear to be a defense mechanism from criticism that she sees is a means of putting her down. :mlp_huh:

It just goes to show you that, everypony has a deeper side to them, and so-called bullies are more victim than bad people/ponies. :please:

And she would definitely use your compassion to her advantage. :P

12 minutes ago, Millennium Shadow said:

What to you mean? :confused:

All I'm saying is, if she were real, and you tried to look past her... issues, then you'd the one who'd probably be sorry. :P Just saying. :P